Audio Photoshop

Fife

Re: Audio Photoshop

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:45 am

Go long now on technology that will detect and reveal memory-holing in private and state media formats.

It's coming, bet dat. The market demands it.

There's yet another get-rich tip from me to you all, free of charge.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:49 am

Fife wrote:Go long now on technology that will detect and reveal memory-holing in private and state media formats.

It's coming, bet dat. The market demands it.

There's yet another get-rich tip from me to you all, free of charge.
True fact, but damned if I know who it would be. McAfee, Palo Alto, and Norton are nowhere near this stuff.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:57 am

You'd need a lot of data storage to compare. Basically, you'd have to run version control for media files, but in order to automate the comparison, you'd need to extract spoken language to see how things differ in audio, which is doable, but really computationally intensive. NLP is sort of there now, however. Just expensive.

It's much easier to do it for websites. I could write a platform that does this all the time. You basically have to keep samples of news articles taken over time in a database, and just flag them when substantial text changes were made. You could potentially create an inverted index of each list and note any loss or addition of information as well.

A lot of these big server farms are totally encrypted now, so it's not like they'd be able to fuck with your data either, but you'd have to pay a lot if you wanted to keep track of all the major outlets and agencies.