What has 30 Years of Rush Limbaugh done to America ?

C-Mag

What has 30 Years of Rush Limbaugh done to America ?

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am

In your opinion, What has 30 Years of Rush Limbaugh done to America ?

Tried to find an article asking this question, failed. But here are quotes from Rush in a MSNBC hit piece on his 25th Anniversary.

5. “Mrs. Clinton’s testicle lockbox.”
6. ”Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.”
7. ”The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn’t deserve. The defense carried this team.”
8. “I think it’s time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call ‘em gangs.”
9. “Women still live longer than men because their lives are easier.”
15. “Moochelle Obama”
22. “Obama says he’s a Christian, but where’s the evidence?”
24. “What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex – what does that make her? (pauses) It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute.”
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Re: What has 30 Years of Rush Limbaugh done to America ?

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 am

You didn't just realize this right? :lol:

Rush was the Right's shock-jock, same as Howard Stern, or any other looney toon clickbait. Now we have thousands of them, and the public is desensitized to insanity.

Your question is about his personal effect, but I'd say that he was just another part of a mass slide toward Stupid in our society. The effects of neutered educational systems, and glorification of poverty and ignorance. We need a plague.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:05 pm

Great man. They forgot the Clinton family dog quote.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:42 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:You didn't just realize this right? :lol:

Rush was the Right's shock-jock, same as Howard Stern, or any other looney toon clickbait. Now we have thousands of them, and the public is desensitized to insanity.

Your question is about his personal effect, but I'd say that he was just another part of a mass slide toward Stupid in our society. The effects of neutered educational systems, and glorification of poverty and ignorance. We need a plague.
I know you don't approve of his political positions and probably are revolted by his schtick, but to deny his greatness as a groundbreaker is moronic.

Rush was an innovator in daytime talk radio. His big opportunity was deregulation of media, he saw the opening and exploited it, built and empire and spawned countless copy cats. There are few that have done this.

Art Bell - Graveyard Shift Radio
Rush Limbaugh - Daytime talk Radio
Dan Carlin - History Podcasting.

I would argue that Rush Limbaugh had serious influence on the '94 GOP House win, and Contract with America. The rise of the Tea Party and the Election of Trump.
PLATA O PLOMO

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:56 pm

Trail blazer for independent media everywhere. Every current event/politics youtuber owes him a debt for showing the way.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:58 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:You didn't just realize this right? :lol:

I know you don't approve of his political positions and probably are revolted by his schtick, but to deny his greatness as a groundbreaker is moronic.

Rush was an innovator in daytime talk radio. His big opportunity was deregulation of media, he saw the opening and exploited it, built and empire and spawned countless copy cats. There are few that have done this.

Art Bell - Graveyard Shift Radio
Rush Limbaugh - Daytime talk Radio
Dan Carlin - History Podcasting.

I would argue that Rush Limbaugh had serious influence on the '94 GOP House win, and Contract with America. The rise of the Tea Party and the Election of Trump.
I won't deny his impact, but he was hardly the first shock jock. We've had no shortage of media loonys cashing in on Stupid - long before Rush did it. He just happened to be prominent at the right time.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:02 pm

He's also been picking apart democrats for so long he can read them like a book. I always appreciate his insight. Usually the first half hour of his show seems to be the best but I rarely catch a whole show.

He used to have W trained to end his TV appearances right as Rush played the opening song lol

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:20 pm

Rush is not a shock jock. I don't listen to him very often, and when I do I don't always agree with him, but he speaks a lot of truth and exposes Democrats better than CNN and MSNBC expose Republicans.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:32 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:Rush is not a shock jock. I don't listen to him very often, and when I do I don't always agree with him, but he speaks a lot of truth and exposes Democrats better than CNN and MSNBC expose Republicans.
I'm sure there are some gold nuggets amongst that mountain of feces, but I'm not interested in digging for it. Have at it, sir. :)

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Nukedog wrote:Trail blazer for independent media everywhere. Every current event/politics youtuber owes him a debt for showing the way.
+1

I completely agree. I've said it before, without Rush Limbaugh there would be no Dan Carlin or Joe Rogan.

Rush probably defeated Hillary even before she ran in '08.
PLATA O PLOMO