Disease Found in 99 Percent of Brains Donated by NFL Families

StCapps

Re: Disease Found in 99 Percent of Brains Donated by NFL Families

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:32 am

The Conservative wrote:I'm talking about beating themselves up every time they get on the field. Seriously, how much more do I need to spell out?
At this point, I really have no idea what you are talking about. If you want me to make any sense of it, you are going to need to spell it out a lot more, I don't get your beef.

I don't get what specifically you find to be whinny attitude that indicates a professional athlete believes they'll never get injured, seems like you are jumping to that conclusion by trying to read their minds, and you are doing a poor job of it. You'd make a poor sports psychologist based on your psychoanalysis of professional athletes thus far in this thread.
Last edited by StCapps on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
*yip*

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:34 am

The Conservative wrote: Image
I don't have a particular quote in mind, but TC posting this pic feels a bit ironic. Maybe ironic isn't the word, but I seem to recall a time back in DCF where others would have posted that towards him.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:39 am

I guarantee the average office job is far deadlier than an NFL player's job. It's illusory because you see their acute injuries so plainly, and all the horrible diseases and ailments that stem from the office worker life are so freaking common.

Just sitting all the time shaves many years off your life. Then there are problems like degeneration of the spine, carpal tunnel syndrome, vision loss, obesity and diabetes, neck and back pain, and just overall decline in health and well-being. It's a brutal lifestyle.

Don't pity the poor NFL player swimming in pussy and cash with his acute injuries; look in the fucking mirror.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/o ... 06211.html

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:40 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I guarantee the average office job is far deadlier than an NFL player's job. It's illusory because you see their acute injuries so plainly, and all the horrible diseases and ailments that stem from the office worker life are so freaking common.

Just sitting all the time shaves many years off your life. Then there are problems like degeneration of the spine, carpal tunnel syndrome, vision loss, obesity and diabetes, neck and back pain, and just overall decline in health and well-being. It's a brutal lifestyle.

Don't pity the poor NFL player swimming in pussy and cash with his acute injuries; look in the fucking mirror.
There's no shortage of retired NFL players that can barely hold a fork, and are losing their minds to brain decay. You should probably stop talking about this, tbh.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:I guarantee the average office job is far deadlier than an NFL player's job. It's illusory because you see their acute injuries so plainly, and all the horrible diseases and ailments that stem from the office worker life are so freaking common.

There's no shortage of retired NFL players that can barely hold a fork, and are losing their minds to brain decay. You should probably stop talking about this, tbh.

Oh, fucking please. There is no shortage of dead office workers from heart disease and obesity, or office workers living horrible late lives due to chronic pain, degeneration of the spine and muscles, and whatever else.

In particular, go ask a person with carpal tunnel syndrome how fun it is to hold a fork.

Sitting all day literally takes many years off your life. You want to tell me that's a better deal than an NFL player? You are going to die much earlier because of your occupation and you are sitting there pitying an NFL player because of his acute injuries..

You have no perspective. It's clear from a few recent threads that you just can't see it. You always look at the grass over there and can't really tell when your own grass is green enough or you have problems of your own. When you own grass is greener, you want to jump the fence for shittier grass; but when your own grass is riddled with weeds and dying, all you see is your neighbor's grass needs watering. Sad!

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:46 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:

Oh, fucking please. There is no shortage of dead office workers from heart disease and obesity, or office workers living horrible late lives due to chronic pain, degeneration of the spine and muscles, and whatever else.

In particular, go ask a person with carpal tunnel syndrome how fun it is to hold a fork.

Sitting all day literally takes many years off your life. You want to tell me that's a better deal than an NFL player? You are going to die much earlier because of your occupation and you are sitting there pitying an NFL player because of his acute injuries..

You have no perspective. It's clear from a few recent threads that you just can't see it. You always look at the grass over there and can't really tell when your own grass is green enough or you have problems of your own. When you own grass is greener, you want to jump the fence for shittier grass; but when your own grass is riddled with weeds and dying, all you see is your neighbor's grass needs watering. Sad!
Don't really understand what kind of ad hominem you're going for, and don't care. Those guys get seriously fucked up, and often end up abusing their families, or committing suicide. It's not a good life.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:49 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
The Conservative wrote: Image
I don't have a particular quote in mind, but TC posting this pic feels a bit ironic. Maybe ironic isn't the word, but I seem to recall a time back in DCF where others would have posted that towards him.
Yeah, probably. Especially when I didn't have a job and no income coming in. The difference is simple, you are talking about people who are multi-millionaires in two years or less. Want me to feel sympathy for them? Do the same thing, but get paid as much as a soccer player or a hockey player.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:55 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Don't really understand what kind of ad hominem you're going for, and don't care. Those guys get seriously fucked up, and often end up abusing their families, or committing suicide. It's not a good life.
Is that because of CTE or because their sense of self worth is drastically affected without football in their life and then they get depressed and the whole vicious cycle begins? Could be any number of factors really. Just because they had some level of CTE doesn't mean that's why they off themselves or abused their families, but it certainly won't help in that regard, that's for sure.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:55 pm

StCapps wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Don't really understand what kind of ad hominem you're going for, and don't care. Those guys get seriously fucked up, and often end up abusing their families, or committing suicide. It's not a good life.
Is that because of CTE or because their sense of self worth is drastically affected without football in their life and then they get depressed and the whole vicious cycle begins? Could be any number of factors really. Just because they had some level of CTE doesn't mean that's why they off themselves or abused their families, but it certainly won't help in that regard, that's for sure.
You're about to ask me for stats, but I'm on my phone and you can see for yourself. They're pretty appalling, actually.

Compare to other ex-athletes: golfers, tennis players, even basketballers. It's very different.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:13 pm

I don't think tackle football goes away because of this. It will probably spark more efforts in making the sport safer, like better helmets. It is already sparking players to retire a lot sooner. A certain number of players will make their money and get out, especially if they have a plan outside of football.

One thing they should do is slow these guys down a bit. It wouldn't solve everything, but playing on a slower surface like real grass vs. field turf may help. Maybe modify the field turf to slow them down a little. Doesn't do much for the close quarter collisions though.