Disease Found in 99 Percent of Brains Donated by NFL Families

StCapps

Re: Disease Found in 99 Percent of Brains Donated by NFL Families

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:33 am

The Conservative wrote:Yeah, the funny thing about that, without my job, no one sees shit.
Yet you can't parlay that into anywhere near the revenue that sports bring in, so you get paid less, that's how it's suppose to work. If more people wanted to buy the service you were offering than the service the best professional athletes in the world were offering, then you'd be getting paid more than they are, but that is obviously nowhere close to being the case.

The overpaid bums in sports are league minimum guys riding the bench, not the multi-millionaire big name athletes, the stars are actually the most underpaid. The Conor McGregor's of the world are underpaid, the Darren Elkins of the world not so much.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:41 am

StCapps wrote:
The Conservative wrote:Yeah, the funny thing about that, without my job, no one sees shit.
Yet you can't parlay that into anywhere near the revenue that sports bring in, so you get paid less, that's how it's suppose to work.
Actually, the reason I get paid less is that I took a chance on a startup, if this company takes off, I'll be on par with what they make and then some...

If I was working in a multi-billion dollar company, I'd be pulling in six figures easily... I have no issue with them making that much money but don't come crying to me when you hurt yourself by doing damage to your body by throwing it at another armored body. I used to do sport armor combat, where we took real weapons and used it to beat the shit out of each other. People got hurt, but we signed an agreement that we put our own bodies in harm's way knowing full well that we were responsible for any situations we found ourselves in.

The same goes with football. To me, my response to their multi-million dollar asses:

#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:45 am

Injuries are an occupational hazard, pretty sure they are all well aware of it. But when something you love to do gets taken from you because of something that wasn't under your control, they tend to get bummed, they are only human. Hopefully all that money soothes the pain.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 am

StCapps wrote:Injuries are an occupational hazard, pretty sure they are all well aware of it. But when something you love to do gets taken from you because of something that wasn't under your control, they tend to get bummed, they are only human. Hopefully all that money soothes the pain.
You got into a violent game, don't expect something not to happen to you... you are a fool to think otherwise.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:54 am

The Conservative wrote:
StCapps wrote:Injuries are an occupational hazard, pretty sure they are all well aware of it. But when something you love to do gets taken from you because of something that wasn't under your control, they tend to get bummed, they are only human. Hopefully all that money soothes the pain.
You got into a violent game, don't expect something not to happen to you... you are a fool to think otherwise.
Who expects otherwise? Pretty sure that's not the reason why most athletes don't like to be injured.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:55 am

StCapps wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Who expects otherwise? Pretty sure that's not the reason why most athletes don't like to be injured.
You'd be amazed.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:57 am

The Conservative wrote:You'd be amazed.
Well I for one don't see that many professional athletes going around saying, "I can't believe I got injured playing a sport! When does that ever happen?" If I did, that would be hilarious, so feel free to point these jokers out to me, sounds like must see stuff.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:05 am

StCapps wrote:
Well I for one don't see that many professional athletes going around saying, "I can't believe I got injured playing a sport! When does that ever happen?" If I did, that would be hilarious, so feel free to point these jokers out to me, sounds like must see stuff.
Then explain to me how come they keep doing it over, and over, and over again? Money is one thing, someone's safety, and life is worth more than that, right? Or are we saying that they can, and had been bought.
#NotOneRedCent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:14 am

The Conservative wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Then explain to me how come they keep doing it over, and over, and over again? Money is one thing, someone's safety, and life is worth more than that, right? Or are we saying that they can, and had been bought.
Who does it over and over again? I don't recall any professional athletes off the top of my head who were amazed that it was possible for them to get injured playing sports, got any examples?
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:19 am

StCapps wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
StCapps wrote:Well I for one don't see that many professional athletes going around saying, "I can't believe I got injured playing a sport! When does that ever happen?" If I did, that would be hilarious, so feel free to point these jokers out to me, sounds like must see stuff.
Who does it over and over again? I don't recall any professional athletes off the top of my head who were amazed that it was possible for them to get injured playing sports, got any examples?
I'm talking about beating themselves up every time they get on the field. Seriously, how much more do I need to spell out?
#NotOneRedCent