Why McCain (and Neocon Policy) is Horrible

ssu

Re: Why McCain (and Neocon Policy) is Horrible

Post by ssu » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:01 pm

C-Mag wrote:I had the pleasure of voting for Ron Paul in the past. While Ron had crossover middle ground appeal, the party wouldn't give him a shot, much like Kucinich. Rand is an interesting cat, he might have a shot after Trump. But he doesn't seem to have the crossover ability with the Dems anymore due to their hard left turn.
For the establishment, Ron Paul would have been a far bigger threat than Trump. Ron Paul (or Kucinich) are the type of politicians I like: they state clearly their agenda and ideology and extremely likely will follow on with that as they aren't choosing their ideas to get votes. You know what you are going to get when voting for them. Rand Paul? Rand going and endorsing Mitt Romney when his father was still in the race is for me a red flag, which shows that basically Rand can be a "change-candidate" just like Obama was.

Anyway, what Kucinich says below about the old Paul shows in my view what a statesman Paul is:

C-Mag wrote:Trump is a hybrid. He has some Progressive Domestic Policies, but his Foreign Policy is closer to Classic Liberalism than we've had in a long, long time. IMO, Trump was pissed he got talked into that missile strike in Syria by McMaster and Haley. No one was listening to Trumps Classic Liberalism Foreign Policy during the election. I rode Carlin pretty hard for not embracing that.
I think you know that I'm bit of a sceptic when it comes to Trump.

The cavalier way he brushed aside the "Drain the Swamp", picked GS guys to his administration alongside other very rich people made me really question if this really has real policies or everything is just rhetoric to get votes. Too populist. And I don't like Presidents that are said to agree with the last guy left in the room.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:13 pm

ssu wrote:
C-Mag wrote:I had the pleasure of voting for Ron Paul in the past. While Ron had crossover middle ground appeal, the party wouldn't give him a shot, much like Kucinich. Rand is an interesting cat, he might have a shot after Trump. But he doesn't seem to have the crossover ability with the Dems anymore due to their hard left turn.
For the establishment, Ron Paul would have been a far bigger threat than Trump. Ron Paul (or Kucinich) are the type of politicians I like: they state clearly their agenda and ideology and extremely likely will follow on with that as they aren't choosing their ideas to get votes. You know what you are going to get when voting for them. Rand Paul? Rand going and endorsing Mitt Romney when his father was still in the race is for me a red flag, which shows that basically Rand can be a "change-candidate" just like Obama was.

Anyway, what Kucinich says below about the old Paul shows in my view what a statesman Paul is:
What they do with guys like Ron Paul and Kucinich is set them up with belittling questions during the debates, and damn few questions. They will try not to let them fully answer important issues the people care about. Like when they asked Kucinich about his UFO siting 40 years earlier and painted him as Randy Quaid. They F'd up with Trump, they were so anxious to take Trump down and make him their whipping boy. What they didn't know about Trump is he loves to roll around in the mud with the pigs. That press conference at his new hotel was a campaign master piece. That's when I really knew Trump was a very serious candidate. Previous to that, I was just going with my gut that Hillary was so awful Americans would never really want to see her every day.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:03 am

C-Mag wrote:
ssu wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
That is what I am personally, Classical Liberal. Today though that's like saying you have the plague... no one wants to touch you.
Interesting,

Well, have to say that when Ron Paul ran for President, I was excited and still consider him one of the true statemen that the US has. Now there is a true classic liberal or libertarian and a politician that stands by his beliefs and ideology, yet surely would respect democracy and the constitution to the uttermost. And what I'm happy about is that Ron Paul never went full aboard (like some libertarians) that Trump would make some difference here.

Here's a great insight made by Ron Paul on how actually neocon Trump policy is, if you scratch the surface:

I had the pleasure of voting for Ron Paul in the past. While Ron had crossover middle ground appeal, the party wouldn't give him a shot, much like Kucinich. Rand is an interesting cat, he might have a shot after Trump. But he doesn't seem to have the crossover ability with the Dems anymore due to their hard left turn.

Trump is a hybrid. He has some Progressive Domestic Policies, but his Foreign Policy is closer to Classic Liberalism than we've had in a long, long time. IMO, Trump was pissed he got talked into that missile strike in Syria by McMaster and Haley. No one was listening to Trumps Classic Liberalism Foreign Policy during the election. I rode Carlin pretty hard for not embracing that.
I liked Ron Paul personally on some things, others... well he was more than off kilter on. I think there is a middle ground somewhere; the problem is to a lot of people it's right in the middle of a nuclear crater because we aren't going to get there till after a nuclear option has been used.
#NotOneRedCent