Rinse Out Reince

kybkh

Rinse Out Reince

Post by kybkh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:21 pm

General Kelly replaces Reince.

Trump needs a war time consigliere..

“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

ssu

Re: Rinse Out Reince

Post by ssu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Actually Kelly was at a good position earlier. As a former SOUTHCOM commander he knew the problems in the US backyard very well (something crucial for anybody being the director of Homeland Security). One of the good picks I have to say, a good man to a correct position from Trump at the start of his administration.

Now it seems he has been put in charge to get the kindergarten to act responsibly.

Good luck with that one...

The good thing is that now Mattis-Tillerson-McMaster grown-up pack gets a reinforcement into the White House.

Oh By the way, kybkh, seen this news?
McMaster Removes Flynn Pick Derek Harvey From National Security Council

Retired Army Col. Derek Harvey, a longtime intelligence analyst who had been close to former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn, has been fired from his job on the National Security Council — the latest twist of intrigue in a White House beset by competing power centers.

National Security Adviser H. R. McMaster "removed" Harvey, NSC spokesman Michael Anton told NBC News.

"General McMaster greatly appreciates Derek Harvey's service to his country as a career Army officer, where he served his country bravely in the field and played a crucial role in the successful surge in Iraq, and also for his service on Capitol Hill and in the Trump administration," Anton said in a statement. "The administration is working with Colonel Harvey to identify positions in which his background and expertise can be best utilized."
See here

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:41 pm

*I hadn't seen it. I am not a McMaster fan.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:51 pm

kybkh wrote: *I hadn't seen it. I am not a McMaster fan.
I think that it has come across.

Kelly has to be really delighted to get to work with "the Mooch" etc. with everybody looking at him to "clean up the mess" and to get the WH to "function better". Of course, that's not going to happen.

I think the job of chief-of-staff is the most important sounding menial jobs that there is in Washington.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:01 pm

kybkh wrote:General Kelly replaces Reince.

Trump needs a war time consigliere..

Wish he would use it on the press, no loss there if so.
#NotOneRedCent

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:02 pm

It's commonly accepted that the RNC was against Trump during the primaries, right?* And Reince was leadership at the RNC at the time? Why was he given a position again?

* I could be wrong on this

ssu

Post by ssu » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:15 pm

pineapplemike wrote:It's commonly accepted that the RNC was against Trump during the primaries, right?* And Reince was leadership at the RNC at the time? Why was he given a position again?

Umm... who was in favour of Trump at the start, hmm?

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:37 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/17/politics/ ... index.html
The Republican National Committee, which has largely aligned with the Trump campaign, also dismissed the effort Friday.
"The extent of this effort is a bunch of random people tweeting about it, full stop," said Sean Spicer, RNC chief strategist.
Evidently I'm wrong on this, moving along

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:19 pm

pineapplemike wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/17/politics/ ... index.html
The Republican National Committee, which has largely aligned with the Trump campaign, also dismissed the effort Friday.
"The extent of this effort is a bunch of random people tweeting about it, full stop," said Sean Spicer, RNC chief strategist.
Evidently I'm wrong on this, moving along
Not totally. With 17 canididates being pulled in all those directions it didn't really matter where individuals in the RNC ended up, unlike the DNC there was no one establishment canididate to rally around. Reince Preibus was the intermediary that kept things on the rails with all the establishment once he had the nomination all wrapped up. He was a very good party Chairman no reason he could have not been a good CoS but if he was leaking WTF?

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:07 pm

pineapplemike wrote:It's commonly accepted that the RNC was against Trump during the primaries, right?* And Reince was leadership at the RNC at the time? Why was he given a position again?

He seemed loyal to Trump through the campaign. Yeah he was leader of the GOP but he wasn't trashing Trump and wasn't a #NeverTrumper. But mayyybe he was secretly anti-Trump and is leaking stuff? Scaramucci might think so but there is no real info.