Post-America World

Okeefenokee

Re: Post-America World

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:50 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:My point isn't "oh noes the mean old euros don't like us anymore", it's that losing international trust and goodwill makes the whole "hegemonic" part of being a hegemonic empire break down. Suppose, instead of pursuing a trade deal with the states, the EU instead ops to pursue that deal with China instead. China is belligerent, sure, but maybe the Europeans would be willing to accept that to not have to deal with the Americans. Maybe even they want to punish the Americans a little, show us we're not so special are centrally important as we thought.

Loss of prestige translates to loss of opportunity. We'll still have power, but without the quid pro quos that circulate international trade in our favor, you have no right to be surprised when our former allies decide to leave us in the cold for warmer relations elsewhere. It's a two-way street,when you turn your back on your friends, you don't get to be indignant when they turn their backs on you in return.

Also, start waving the nuke dick around too much, and they may even start talking about "containing" the rogue US state with a slew of alliances against us...
So, Trump is elected and suddenly we have a loss of Prestige around the world ?
Yeah, pretty much what everybody predicted.
Did CNN tell you that? I hear they say Trump will never be president. Gold standard knowledge, I'm sure.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:05 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
So, Trump is elected and suddenly we have a loss of Prestige around the world ?
Did CNN tell you that? I hear they say Trump will never be president. Gold standard knowledge, I'm sure.
Keep swinging, big fella. What, are you filling in for Clubby this month?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:00 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
uh huh. he'll never survive this one. no wait, we'll never survive this one.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
uh huh. he'll never survive this one. no wait, we'll never survive this one.
He won an election, and hasn't been impeached in 6 months. I guess that means everything he touches is gold...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0