Post-America World

Speaker to Animals

Re: Post-America World

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:32 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
If, by 'major war', you mean a defensive war for the homeland, then I and my kids will be manning the drone-command trailer right next to you. If you mean another invasion of a third-world shithole for oil and MIC jobs, then go fuck yourself.

The drone-command trailer? LOL. That will be manned by warrant officers who volunteered long before the war started. You will be in a fox hole with the rest of the conscripts. Which, really, is much more honorable anyway. My dumb ass will be stuck back on the fucking flight line fixing jets 18 hours every day. I'd rather be a conscript.

Pro tip: if you ever enlist, you'd better think long and hard about what field you choose because four years might not be the end of that story.
Realistically, I'd be in the support building back home, doing IT support. I'll make sure your personal info is in order, for the notice to family and such. ;)

There's only so much IT work to be done. You'd have to compete with a lot of other IT guys for those roles.

Realistically, though, you'd more likely be trying to figure out how to filter radiation out of the water at your hobby farm and thanking God you built a food larder before N-Day.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:36 pm

Here's one of the original loyalty oaths given by Confederate soldiers in order to receive pardons:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:49 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

The drone-command trailer? LOL. That will be manned by warrant officers who volunteered long before the war started. You will be in a fox hole with the rest of the conscripts. Which, really, is much more honorable anyway. My dumb ass will be stuck back on the fucking flight line fixing jets 18 hours every day. I'd rather be a conscript.

Pro tip: if you ever enlist, you'd better think long and hard about what field you choose because four years might not be the end of that story.
Realistically, I'd be in the support building back home, doing IT support. I'll make sure your personal info is in order, for the notice to family and such. ;)

There's only so much IT work to be done. You'd have to compete with a lot of other IT guys for those roles.

Realistically, though, you'd more likely be trying to figure out how to filter radiation out of the water at your hobby farm and thanking God you built a food larder before N-Day.
This is fact.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Wake me up when the rest of the world stops selling products to the largest economy in the world, because they don't like the president's tweets.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:58 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Wake me up when the rest of the world stops selling products to the largest economy in the world, because they don't like the president's tweets.

It's still in the realm of possibility. I can see the world dividing up into two camps again pretty easily.

They better be careful what they wish for, though..

They could make my favorite SF universe into a reality.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:22 pm

KerningChameleon wrote:My point isn't "oh noes the mean old euros don't like us anymore", it's that losing international trust and goodwill makes the whole "hegemonic" part of being a hegemonic empire break down. Suppose, instead of pursuing a trade deal with the states, the EU instead ops to pursue that deal with China instead. China is belligerent, sure, but maybe the Europeans would be willing to accept that to not have to deal with the Americans. Maybe even they want to punish the Americans a little, show us we're not so special are centrally important as we thought.

Loss of prestige translates to loss of opportunity. We'll still have power, but without the quid pro quos that circulate international trade in our favor, you have no right to be surprised when our former allies decide to leave us in the cold for warmer relations elsewhere. It's a two-way street,when you turn your back on your friends, you don't get to be indignant when they turn their backs on you in return.

Also, start waving the nuke dick around too much, and they may even start talking about "containing" the rogue US state with a slew of alliances against us...
So, Trump is elected and suddenly we have a loss of Prestige around the world ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:23 pm

......... and what universe is that ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:40 pm

C-Mag wrote:
KerningChameleon wrote:My point isn't "oh noes the mean old euros don't like us anymore", it's that losing international trust and goodwill makes the whole "hegemonic" part of being a hegemonic empire break down. Suppose, instead of pursuing a trade deal with the states, the EU instead ops to pursue that deal with China instead. China is belligerent, sure, but maybe the Europeans would be willing to accept that to not have to deal with the Americans. Maybe even they want to punish the Americans a little, show us we're not so special are centrally important as we thought.

Loss of prestige translates to loss of opportunity. We'll still have power, but without the quid pro quos that circulate international trade in our favor, you have no right to be surprised when our former allies decide to leave us in the cold for warmer relations elsewhere. It's a two-way street,when you turn your back on your friends, you don't get to be indignant when they turn their backs on you in return.

Also, start waving the nuke dick around too much, and they may even start talking about "containing" the rogue US state with a slew of alliances against us...
So, Trump is elected and suddenly we have a loss of Prestige around the world ?
Yeah, pretty much what everybody predicted.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:22 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I can't wait until we get to the loyalty oaths part of being a liberty nation. :roll:
Already there. Been there since 1865..

Yeah, no kidding. I didn't say it would be new, or unprecedented.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:24 am

C-Mag wrote:

......... and what universe is that ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CoDominium

It begins when the United States and the Soviet Union form a supranational alliance to dominate the world. They block all other nations from control of space travel. They begin a space colonization program. The rest of the world was not happy.