Post-America World

BjornP

Re: Post-America World

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:29 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:So no one here thinks that perception figures prominently in power?
Perception? Dude, the World has hated America long before Trump.
Fantasy. Pretending that the world hates you, is like a sullen teenager pretending, or worse -believing - that his parents must "hate" him for giving him chores and household responsibilities. Occasional disagreement and criticism is not hate.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:33 am

R we going to do this again? Take out the oldsters, and the German youth HATE America. A majority of youth in most European countries hate America.

p.s. Maybe you have some new polls? I'm open, give me a link.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:48 am

Martin Hash wrote:R we going to do this again? Take out the oldsters, and the German youth HATE America. A majority of youth in most European countries hate America.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2016/06/28/ame ... nal-image/

More than half of Germans still like you. And their low rate of approval is even the exception that proves the rule.

http://www.pewglobal.org/database/indicator/1/

Pretending that you're "hated" plays into a victimhood culture mentality. Don't demean yourself that way.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:49 am

Why do you hate America tho?

:twisted:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:51 am

Hmph.

Well, fuck you too Greece.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:56 am

BjornP wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:R we going to do this again? Take out the oldsters, and the German youth HATE America. A majority of youth in most European countries hate America.

More than half of Germans still like you. And their low rate of approval is even the exception that proves the rule.

Pretending that you're "hated" plays into a victimhood culture mentality. Don't demean yourself that way.
We've been through this. That is a composite poll. I specifically said "youth."
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:58 am

I really hate these beta fags on the left now.

Why would you care what Europeans think of America? Fuck those guys. They should look in the mirror. Except Poland. Those guys are my heroes.

Seriously, what is more pathetic than depending upon what other people think of you for your self-validation and self-worth? America didn't become what it became, and put men on the Moon, because we cared what other people thought. We did what we wanted. We willed it into being and accomplished it. Why should we care what lesser people think of us? We need to focus on ourselves and what it is we want.

I'd argue we already divided into two distinct people and we need to go our separate ways. Articles like this only affirm that truth.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:11 am

Has Smitty ever explained the Skykings Issue?
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Feoh

Post by Feoh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:15 am

Zlaxer wrote:In other news - no one in America except for the feckless left gives a shit about how the rest of the world views us. Obviously the writer of that articles 1) has never ventured to a foreign country; 2) was drunk the whole time; and/or 3) has a motive in writing the article. I've done a fair amount of traveling in my day - most non-muzzies around the world like Americans....Even the fucking Chinese and Russians....

That's what pisses me off about the left - they get their fucking panties in a not over what the fucking Europeans are saying about us....bunch of fucking school girls....
OK, let's get pragmatic for a moment.

So let's say we're reviled - do you see that as not having any effect on our ability to trade effectively with our partners?

If we rip down all the existing trade agreements, impose tariffs on trade from other countries, and generally behave in such a way as to make it clear that we are abandoning or actively discarding all the alliances we've built through the years, will this not ultimately change the quality of life we all currently enjoy?

I think it well might.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:20 am

Martin Hash wrote:
BjornP wrote:

We've been through this. That is a composite poll. I specifically said "youth."
You started out by saying that the world hated you. No doubt the ME hates you, they hate everyone, but Europe by and large still likes you.
Also, I've been googling for any statistics validating your claim that German youths hate America. Still not finding any. The Pew report says that only Sweden had more young people disliking you than older generations.