Where is Smitty?

heydaralon

Re: Where is Smitty?

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:35 am

BjornP wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
I meant no offense. I eat meat, and I would eat seal, whale, or dolphin if I had the chance. If the Danes want to harpoon some whales, that is not my business. It just seems like with the climate of SJW-ism in Europe, the EU would try to shut that down. As to your point about hunting vs factory farming, I agree. I don't think hunting is morally wrong at all, and it often serves as a way to keep exploding animal populations in check. Personally, I do think if you are going to take an animal's life you should try to eat it or use its body for something productive.
Oh none taken and any anger in the post wasn't directed at you as a person, it's just one of those issues that I can get a little passionate about.

There isn't really a SJW climate in Europe comparable to the US. The narratives of "white privilege", "safe spaces", and calling everything racist hasn't really travelled across the pond all that far, except to the UK.

Most EU countries don't border waters with significant seal or pilot whale populations. The 2010 ban on import of seal products in the EU was approved by alot of the European public. Old French actress Brigitte Bardot had done a lot of campaign work in the 1970's for the benefit of baby seals, with lots of cutesy ads and "documentaries", feauturing how "barbaric" the killing of the seals were. Those were very effective and influenced alot of Europeans' views on seal hunting. Before the EU ban, there was already major national lobbying in lots of EU countries that banned seal fur imports.

It doesn't really matter that seal hunting in Greenland doesn't hunt baby seals, or that the hunting methods have become more humane. In the eyes of most of the Central, Western and Southern European + British public, seal hunting is pure evil. It's not a SJW'y opposition, it's your average Joe french left and right, German, Italian, British, etc. who simply get a bad impression of an industry, and it that bad impression sticks. It's not simply SJW's that don't want to use or wear fur, after all. It may be the extreme leftist environmentalists who get unto boats and sail out to stop the hunting, but they mostly have home support from across the political spectrums.
Just out of curiosity, have you ever eaten seal or whale? If so, how do they taste?
Did you eat some of that meat on the down low?
Shikata ga nai

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:18 pm

No. Never been to either Greenland or Faroe Islands. Seal meat is hard to come by, with seal products coming into Denmark only able to go through Greenlandic companies (or else risk breaking the EU ban). It's not something you can find in the counter in the supermarket.

If I ever take a trip to Greenland or Faroe Islands I'd want a taste, though.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:09 pm

I'd definitely try it, so long as it wasn't from an endangered species.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:36 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I'd definitely try it, so long as it wasn't from an endangered species.
That blubber probably gives it a rich taste. I'll bet its pretty good dude. I would 100% try it too.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:10 am

Smitty sighting in the railgun thread. He comes and goes, like an F-35, or Jon Jones. Though in the case of latter, I would hope Smitty is a much better driver.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:20 am

heydaralon wrote:The last time I saw him post, the cicadas were hibernating. Did he get lynched by a mob of angry alternative energy junkie Trudeau supporters or what? I miss his insights. Smitty, if you are alive, please come back to the forum.
Dude, cut me some slack, it's summertime yo, I'll be cooped up with the computer all winter, this is vacation month here; in Canada, the Sun Belt is a time, not a place.

I don't even know what's going on right now, I just got back from the great outdoors, no TV, no internet, nothing, total media blackout, doesn't America ever take a vacation anymore? Heck, Canada is like completely shut down right now, there's nobody even around, there's no cars parked on the street, there's not even any traffic on the highway, the whole country is basically at the cottage.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:33 am

Jon Jones just head kicked Daniel Cormier, and then proceeded to murder him with some ground striking, that's what just happened. Oh and the Ticats got smashed 60-1 by the Stamps, lulz.
Last edited by StCapps on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:42 am

It's freakishly quiet around here, none of my neighbours are home, there's no lights on, there's no air conditioners running, there's no cars going by on the road across the valley, it's actually way noisier in cottage country than it is here.
Nec Aspera Terrent

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:45 am

Smitty-48 wrote:It's freakishly quiet around here, none of my neighbours are home, there's no lights on, there's no air conditioners running, there's no cars going by on the road across the valley, it's actually way noisier in cottage country than it is here.
Clearly none of them saw that head kick, or that catch by Cris Carter's kid. Hard to remain silent after watching either of those two events.

Back and better than ever, now if he would just get a goddamn driver.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:55 am

Too busy jet skiing to pay any attention to UFC, it's jet ski nation out here, the jet ski should actually replace the Beaver as Canada's national symbol.
Nec Aspera Terrent