Where is Smitty?

kybkh

Re: Where is Smitty?

Post by kybkh » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:50 am

I think the fact that shit has been so crazy for so long in the FoPo realm that it's gonna take the outbreak of a regional war some where to generate some more long conversations.

I mean you got the UA-RU on the boiler plate. RU and US SpecOp operating in the same nation on different sides in Syria at a rather stale pace to avoid contact, Af/Pk gonna Af/Pk, same ole shit.

Russia could feel the burr in their saddle from all the sanctions at some point and buck a bit, but Putin seems rather comfortable right now.

NoK probably the only thing real interesting in discussing right now. How/when are we are going to attack them? What weapon systems are we going to use? What will China do? etc...
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:56 am

That should do it.....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:20 am

heydaralon wrote:
BjornP wrote:Choke a baby seal to death with your own hands. As it gasps its last breath, you gaze deep into its eyes untill you see yourself reflected within. Then you call Smitty's name five times. He will then explosively manifest from within the body of the seal, called into being by the joyous destruction of a pointlessly fluffy animal.
What do you think about the Faroe Islands pilot whale clubbing that takes place every year? How do most Danes view that? It almost seems like Western Europe is too civilized for that now. Its like some Viking type Pagan shit. If I travelled to Europe I would go out of my way specifically to see that though.
I don't see any problem with it. It's no more "uncivilized" than butchering a pig. Only difference is that the butchering happens outside and that the blood, guts and flesh are visible for all to see. Like any other hunt. There is mostly no tolerance for those - mostly foreign - animal rights activists and their hysterical narratives of "murder" or "animal cruelty". An animal that dies in a hunt dies more free than a domesticated cow, born and bred only for slaughter and dairy. There is something perverse about seeing the hunting of a great animal as "cruelty" versus seeing animals kept in pens for all their lives as a great expression of "animal welfare".

The pilot whales aren't clubbed to death. ;) They're hunted and driving close to shore, then pulled to shore with ropes, and then killed with a special knife. It's highly regulated and monitored. And there's nothing particularly pagan or viking about it. Faroe Islands is actually the most church-going part of the Danish kingdom. It's just something the Faroe Islanders have been doing a long time. Greenlanders also engage in whaling. They too are only allowed to distribute the meat domestically, meaning within the... territory of Greenland. If you live in Denmark, you are not allowed to eat whale meat. Nevertheless, I get the impression - from conversations and sentiments in newspapers, that most people support the rights of the Faroese and Greenlanders to hunt certain, non-endangered species of whale.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am

Seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a meat containing so much mercury that it's not really safe to eat.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:11 am

Montegriffo wrote:Seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a meat containing so much mercury that it's not really safe to eat.
True, mercury levels in fish and therefore animals that eat those fish have been rising. Though that is really part of larger issue of pollution of the oceans and the resulting endangering of several countries' fishing industries.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:29 am

BjornP wrote:That sounds about right. Grey seal population has exploded in the Baltic Sea last couple of decades. But can't hunt them.... because seals are cute, adorable and apparantly you can't shoot cute animals. Fucking Gen X and Millenial kids being raised on a Disneyfied view of nature.. :angry-fire:
Are seals or pilot whales endangered? If not, then have at it, I say.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:32 am

There are many species of seals, but the grey seals they hunt in Greenland are not endangered. Nor are pilot whales.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:34 am

BjornP wrote:There are many species of seals, but the grey seals they hunt in Greenland are not endangered. Nor are pilot whales.
Great. Abuse the shit out of them then. Fuck animals. ;)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:04 am

BjornP wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
BjornP wrote:Choke a baby seal to death with your own hands. As it gasps its last breath, you gaze deep into its eyes untill you see yourself reflected within. Then you call Smitty's name five times. He will then explosively manifest from within the body of the seal, called into being by the joyous destruction of a pointlessly fluffy animal.
What do you think about the Faroe Islands pilot whale clubbing that takes place every year? How do most Danes view that? It almost seems like Western Europe is too civilized for that now. Its like some Viking type Pagan shit. If I travelled to Europe I would go out of my way specifically to see that though.
I don't see any problem with it. It's no more "uncivilized" than butchering a pig. Only difference is that the butchering happens outside and that the blood, guts and flesh are visible for all to see. Like any other hunt. There is mostly no tolerance for those - mostly foreign - animal rights activists and their hysterical narratives of "murder" or "animal cruelty". An animal that dies in a hunt dies more free than a domesticated cow, born and bred only for slaughter and dairy. There is something perverse about seeing the hunting of a great animal as "cruelty" versus seeing animals kept in pens for all their lives as a great expression of "animal welfare".

The pilot whales aren't clubbed to death. ;) They're hunted and driving close to shore, then pulled to shore with ropes, and then killed with a special knife. It's highly regulated and monitored. And there's nothing particularly pagan or viking about it. Faroe Islands is actually the most church-going part of the Danish kingdom. It's just something the Faroe Islanders have been doing a long time. Greenlanders also engage in whaling. They too are only allowed to distribute the meat domestically, meaning within the... territory of Greenland. If you live in Denmark, you are not allowed to eat whale meat. Nevertheless, I get the impression - from conversations and sentiments in newspapers, that most people support the rights of the Faroese and Greenlanders to hunt certain, non-endangered species of whale.
I meant no offense. I eat meat, and I would eat seal, whale, or dolphin if I had the chance. If the Danes want to harpoon some whales, that is not my business. It just seems like with the climate of SJW-ism in Europe, the EU would try to shut that down. As to your point about hunting vs factory farming, I agree. I don't think hunting is morally wrong at all, and it often serves as a way to keep exploding animal populations in check. Personally, I do think if you are going to take an animal's life you should try to eat it or use its body for something productive.
Shikata ga nai

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:25 am

heydaralon wrote:
I meant no offense. I eat meat, and I would eat seal, whale, or dolphin if I had the chance. If the Danes want to harpoon some whales, that is not my business. It just seems like with the climate of SJW-ism in Europe, the EU would try to shut that down. As to your point about hunting vs factory farming, I agree. I don't think hunting is morally wrong at all, and it often serves as a way to keep exploding animal populations in check. Personally, I do think if you are going to take an animal's life you should try to eat it or use its body for something productive.
Oh none taken and any anger in the post wasn't directed at you as a person, it's just one of those issues that I can get a little passionate about.

There isn't really a SJW climate in Europe comparable to the US. The narratives of "white privilege", "safe spaces", and calling everything racist hasn't really travelled across the pond all that far, except to the UK.

Most EU countries don't border waters with significant seal or pilot whale populations. The 2010 ban on import of seal products in the EU was approved by alot of the European public. Old French actress Brigitte Bardot had done a lot of campaign work in the 1970's for the benefit of baby seals, with lots of cutesy ads and "documentaries", feauturing how "barbaric" the killing of the seals were. Those were very effective and influenced alot of Europeans' views on seal hunting. Before the EU ban, there was already major national lobbying in lots of EU countries that banned seal fur imports.

It doesn't really matter that seal hunting in Greenland doesn't hunt baby seals, or that the hunting methods have become more humane. In the eyes of most of the Central, Western and Southern European + British public, seal hunting is pure evil. It's not a SJW'y opposition, it's your average Joe french left and right, German, Italian, British, etc. who simply get a bad impression of an industry, and it that bad impression sticks. It's not simply SJW's that don't want to use or wear fur, after all. It may be the extreme leftist environmentalists who get unto boats and sail out to stop the hunting, but they mostly have home support from across the political spectrums.