2018 - Railgun for US Navy.

heydaralon

Re: 2018 - Railgun for US Navy.

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:59 am

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Not every dollar, massive spending on defence while people go without healthcare and food is pretty dumb though.
Talking about getting involved in fewer conflicts while continuing to spend more than all your potential enemies put together is baffling.
What does that have to do with the railgun? Why the captain obvious remarks for no reason? We are discussing whether the railgun is a worthy investment, not whether the US should dial back it's defense spending from current levels and trim some fat, and spend that money on other things.
$35 billion and rising and the railgun is still nowhere near deployment. A good place to start cutting back.There are better things to spend your taxes on....
Trebuchets are classic MIC pork too dude. They are a waste of money yet you have pushed for them time and again when it is proven that they put soldiers lives at risk and do not effectively siege castle walls. Disgusting.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:00 am

Montegriffo wrote:$35 billion and rising and the railgun is still nowhere near deployment. A good place to start cutting back.There are better things to spend your taxes on....
What other military technologies would that money be better spent on? If you can't name anything, then you are a knee-jerk anti military spending of any kind trying to pretend like you are just a fiscal conservative who thinks the railgun is too expensive for a still yet unstated reason, nice try. When it is ready for deployment, it will be quite useful and save money that otherwise would be spent on more expensive military technologies. Just because it costs R&D money and isn't yet ready doesn't make it waste, every non-waste of defense spending started out the same way before it was ready for deployment, so try again.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:00 am

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I figured there was something off about GCF when he outright refused to say the pledge of allegiance. I know for certain he hates America too. My biggest gripe with him is that he wants to waste money on NASA vanity space pork projects when there are starving children in the US who don't have healthcare. Do we really need an ISS or the Hubble telescope when 85% of American students don't have clean drinking water?
This is the level of argument we are getting out of the railgun haters, they should step their game up or quit before they dig yourselves into a bigger hole.
I like the rail gun so I'm not sure why you are calling me a hater.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:02 am

heydaralon wrote:I like the rail gun so I'm not sure why you are calling me a hater.
I didn't. You made a facetious argument to make fun of their idiotic position, I was agreeing with you that this kind of thinking is retarded.
/shrugs
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:04 am

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I like the rail gun so I'm not sure why you are calling me a hater.
I didn't.
/shrugs
ok I thought thats what you were getting at my apologies.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:11 am

StCapps wrote:
I didn't. You made a facetious argument to make fun of their idiotic position, I was agreeing with you that this kind of thinking is retarded.
/shrugs
Capps: what do you think of the F35? I've heard comflicting things about it. Do you think it was a solid investment?
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:13 am

F-35 is damn good bang for the buck, all the alternatives are worse and the money you save skimping out isn't worth it, so really the F-35 is where it's at.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:14 am

StCapps wrote:F-35 is damn good bang for the buck, all the alternatives are worse and yet for not much cheaper than the F-35, so really the F-35 is where it's at.
Why does it draw such vitriol out of people? I was talking to a buddy who was in the air force and he said it was the worst defense spending he's ever seen. I don't know enough about it to know why its controversial.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:19 am

heydaralon wrote:
StCapps wrote:F-35 is damn good bang for the buck, all the alternatives are worse and yet for not much cheaper than the F-35, so really the F-35 is where it's at.
Why does it draw such vitriol out of people? I was talking to a buddy who was in the air force and he said it was the worst defense spending he's ever seen. I don't know enough about it to know why its controversial.
The layman don't like the sound of high price tag, and they don't like cost overruns, but they don't realize that's part of the business, and the same would happen with any knew next gen jet they would invest in. The media likes to play on the feelings of the public and exacerbate them for page clicks, making mountains out of molehills and selling them to the ignorant. Pointing out how pricey the helmet is, that is the epitome of their ignorant virtue signaling, if it wasn't for the helmet, the F-35 wouldn't be anywhere near as useful and the helmet for any next gen jet is going to be just as expensive, if not more.

As for your buddy who was in the air force, maybe he's still butthurt about Obama not investing in the F-22 or something instead, but that ship has sailed. No use sulking over split milk.
*yip*

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:32 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Exactly the same as I feel about it now. Complete waste of my money, to create shitty jobs and prop up the MIC.
every dollar spent on defense is a dollar wasted for shitlibs who'd rather spend all your money buying votes from illegals with foodstamps

same old dumbass grumps.
Not every dollar, massive spending on defence while people go without healthcare and food is pretty dumb though.
Talking about getting involved in fewer conflicts while continuing to spend more than all your potential enemies put together is baffling.
You obviously don't know what the hell you are talking about. More than 90% of military spending is covered by the taxes taken from corporations. If you look at the taxes that corporations are paying and looking at military spending, the numbers are pretty damned close.

That being said, too many people don't realize that more than 80% of government spending is pork. Want to remove the pork, remove the fucking overhead.

When I could do so much with so little, the government could do the exact same thing... but we don't force them to do so because we allow them to spend money we don't have.

A balanced budget would be possible if we told them to grow the fuck up. It would also be possible to reduce our national debt by 25% if we hold their feet to the fire too, but we don't because people would rather play politics than deal with facts.
#NotOneRedCent