2018 - Railgun for US Navy.

StCapps

Re: 2018 - Railgun for US Navy.

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:38 am

This, "if you spend even a dime of taxpayer money on the military while there are other problems that can be helped with taxpayer money, than spending any money on the military is evil" attitude is teenager shit. Grow up y'all.

You don't need to point out the US spends too much on defense and could use some trimming of the fat, that isn't what is being discussed and it's captain obvious shit anyway, what is being discussed is whether or not the railgun is good use of taxpayer money. You and Grumpy think any military spending is a bad idea, every time any military technology is discussed y'all think it's a waste of money, regardless of what it is, and that's fucking boring.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:40 am

StCapps wrote:This, "if you spend even a dime of taxpayer money on the military while there are other problems that can be helped with taxpayer money, than spending any money on the military is evil" attitude is teenager shit. Grow up y'all.
Who said that?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:41 am

Montegriffo wrote:The only alternative to massive over spending on defence is spending nothing on defence? Must be great living in a black and white world. Saves all that time wasted on comprimising and negotiating...
I thought you blocked me. Isn't blocking people for things they say online black and white thinking and not compromising etc? :lol:
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:43 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: Guess you showed us.
How would you feel about this rail gun if they they put it on the ISS or in space? You'd have to admit that would be pretty fucking cool. It would be like Moonraker.
Exactly the same as I feel about it now. Complete waste of my money, to create shitty jobs and prop up the MIC.
every dollar spent on defense is a dollar wasted for shitlibs who'd rather spend all your money buying votes from illegals with foodstamps

same old dumbass grumps.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:45 am

Montegriffo wrote:
StCapps wrote:This, "if you spend even a dime of taxpayer money on the military while there are other problems that can be helped with taxpayer money, than spending any money on the military is evil" attitude is teenager shit. Grow up y'all.
Who said that?
Commiecatface is a knee jerk anti-military type who in every thread that is tangentially related to defense spending always sides on the "waste of money" side, no matter what the money is being spent on. That schtick is boring, and no one in this thread is advocating infinite defense spending, so y'all can knock off the "if you make fun of my opinion you must live in black and white world where all defense spending is either good or bad" nonsense. The only side of this argument that risks straying into that territory are the railgun haters, who only seem to hate on it because they have a knee jerk reaction to any kind of defense spending. I have not seen one valid criticism of the railgun by it's detractors in this thread yet.
Last edited by StCapps on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:51 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
How would you feel about this rail gun if they they put it on the ISS or in space? You'd have to admit that would be pretty fucking cool. It would be like Moonraker.
Exactly the same as I feel about it now. Complete waste of my money, to create shitty jobs and prop up the MIC.
every dollar spent on defense is a dollar wasted for shitlibs who'd rather spend all your money buying votes from illegals with foodstamps

same old dumbass grumps.
Not every dollar, massive spending on defence while people go without healthcare and food is pretty dumb though.
Talking about getting involved in fewer conflicts while continuing to spend more than all your potential enemies put together is baffling.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:52 am

Montegriffo wrote:Not every dollar, massive spending on defence while people go without healthcare and food is pretty dumb though.
Talking about getting involved in fewer conflicts while continuing to spend more than all your potential enemies put together is baffling.
What does that have to do with the railgun? Why the captain obvious remarks for no reason? We are discussing whether the railgun is a worthy investment, not whether the US should dial back it's defense spending from current levels and trim some fat, and spend that money on other things. That is a boring discussion where everyone is on the same page, that's why we are talking about the specific case of the railgun, and only the people who seem to be ignorant about the railgun are the ones who seem to hate on it as if it's some giant waste of money, while stating no reason they should believe that to be the case other than a knee-jerk reaction against all forms of military spending.

Until I see otherwise from the other side of the argument, they deserve ridicule for their childish reactions.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:56 am

I figured there was something off about GCF when he outright refused to say the pledge of allegiance. I know for certain he hates America too. My biggest gripe with him is that he wants to waste money on NASA vanity space pork projects when there are starving children in the US who don't have healthcare. Do we really need an ISS or the Hubble telescope when 85% of American students don't have clean drinking water?
Shikata ga nai

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:57 am

StCapps wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Not every dollar, massive spending on defence while people go without healthcare and food is pretty dumb though.
What does that have to do with the railgun? Why the captain obvious remarks for no reason? We are discussing whether the railgun is a worthy investment, not whether the US should dial back it's defense spending from current levels and trim some fat, and spend that money on other things.
$35 billion and rising and the railgun is still nowhere near deployment. A good place to start cutting back.There are better things to spend your taxes on....

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:58 am

heydaralon wrote:I figured there was something off about GCF when he outright refused to say the pledge of allegiance. I know for certain he hates America too. My biggest gripe with him is that he wants to waste money on NASA vanity space pork projects when there are starving children in the US who don't have healthcare. Do we really need an ISS or the Hubble telescope when 85% of American students don't have clean drinking water?
This is the level of argument we are getting out of the railgun haters, they should step their game up or quit before they dig yourselves into a bigger hole.
*yip*