Single Payer System = Death Panels.

The Conservative

Single Payer System = Death Panels.

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:25 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-40708343

This is not right, people who think single payer systems are the cure all for health care, let me remind you, the UK has a state-run single payer system.

You want single payer systems, this is what you will get, your freedom to choose when and how to fight taken away from you.

These parents don't deserve to be in that situation, and they are better people than I am...

I couldn't, and wouldn't stand for accepting his death because the courts told me he should die with dignity. If this was me, and this was my son, and I had that option taken away from me, I would have done whatever I could legally and illegally to get him the help required. Especially if someone was willing to help.

I am so angry over this if something like this starts to happen in the US, I will fight tooth and nail against it because no one should ever have to see their child die because a court says so.

Just remember, single payer systems, as proof with this case, equals death panels.
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Re: Single Payer System = Death Panels.

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 am

DEATH PANELS

What a dink.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:02 am

Martin Hash wrote:DEATH PANELS

What a dink.
:?:
#NotOneRedCent

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 am

People who don't want to suffer DEATH PANELS can continue to buy expensive private insurance because you're special.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:03 am

I feel there are many problematic things about European style healthcare (for lack of a better term for it), but don't private insurance companies in America act in a similar way to the death panels by deciding if they will cover and what types of treatment they will pay for etc?
Shikata ga nai

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:14 am

heydaralon wrote:I feel there are many problematic things about European style healthcare (for lack of a better term for it), but don't private insurance companies in America act in a similar way to the death panels by deciding if they will cover and what types of treatment they will pay for etc?
Yes, we could list drugs and surgeries they won't pay for, yearly caps, lifetime caps, and go on and on. The notion that our system is unlimited and unmediated is naïve. Every government and company makes decisions about what a life is worth, why do we think healthcare should not? We could have utterly safe cars but they would cost millions, remember when the automakers said seat belts and then airbags would cost too much? The were saying the lives saved weren't worth it. TC is basically agreeing with Stalin, one death is a tragedy but millions are just a statistic.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:15 am

DEATH PANELS is a cynical hypocritic Talking Point.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:17 am

Small minds appear to only conceive of two choices: Healthcare by Insurance companies utterly intertwined with Wall St and D.C.; or single-payer.

Small minds, indeed.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:18 am

Martin Hash wrote:DEATH PANELS is a cynical hypocritic Talking Point.
What if it wasn't TC's OP, and someone else just said "rationing?"

brewster

Post by brewster » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:20 am

Fife wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:DEATH PANELS is a cynical hypocritic Talking Point.
What if it wasn't TC's OP, and someone else just said "rationing?"
As if healthcare isn't rationed now? Did you see the NYT article about thousands showing up for a popup free clinic in WV?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND