Could Trump pull out a great word heist?

The Conservative

Re: Could Trump pull out a great word heist?

Post by The Conservative » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:13 pm

heydaralon wrote:I would say we all should tread carefully at this point. The last Korean with poor communication skills and moderate to severe autism shot up Vtech. Of course, Hwen's anime obsession would means he would ambush us with a katana and throwing stars..
Shot up VTech?

Oh and in not worried, I got a 50 .cal bullet with their name on it anyone stupid enough to try anything with my family.
#NotOneRedCent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:20 pm

The Conservative wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I would say we all should tread carefully at this point. The last Korean with poor communication skills and moderate to severe autism shot up Vtech. Of course, Hwen's anime obsession would means he would ambush us with a katana and throwing stars..
Shot up VTech?

Oh and in not worried, I got a 50 .cal bullet with their name on it anyone stupid enough to try anything with my family.
I think Hwen has already inflicted severe brain damage on everyone who was forced to read and attempt to understand his posts. Watching any of his movie recommendations will cause full blown Alzheimer's.
Shikata ga nai

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:56 am

heydaralon wrote:
de officiis wrote:
Hastur wrote:I blame common core.
What's your signature about, Hastur?
I've always been kind of intrigued by his signature. I thought his avatar was Gustavus Adolphus because of Sweden and the 30 years war. I ended up doing a reverse image search, and its some guy who advised Adolphus if my memory serves me correctly. Once my semester ends, I'm going to start reading more about that conflict. From my limited knowledge though, Gustavus was a military game changer. The guy had a great strategic mind.
The latin quote translates "Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?" It is from a letter from Axel Oxenstierna to his son Johan written in 1648 as Johan was going to negotiate The Peace of Westphalia. That was the peace that ended the 30 years war.
There is a very good article about Axel Oxenstierna on Wikipedia. He is the father of our modern state.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axel_Oxenstierna

The runes are from a carving found near to where I grew up. The pictures tell the story of Sigurd the dragon slayer.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigurd_ ... nd_carving
I twisted the image a bit to make it fit better in the sig. Now it looks like you see it when standing before it on the ground.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:08 am

Also:
"Men never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war, or before elections."
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:28 am

Oh, right. Some people don't speak German. :P

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:12 am

Hastur wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
de officiis wrote:
What's your signature about, Hastur?
I've always been kind of intrigued by his signature. I thought his avatar was Gustavus Adolphus because of Sweden and the 30 years war. I ended up doing a reverse image search, and its some guy who advised Adolphus if my memory serves me correctly. Once my semester ends, I'm going to start reading more about that conflict. From my limited knowledge though, Gustavus was a military game changer. The guy had a great strategic mind.
The latin quote translates "Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?" It is from a letter from Axel Oxenstierna to his son Johan written in 1648 as Johan was going to negotiate The Peace of Westphalia. That was the peace that ended the 30 years war.
There is a very good article about Axel Oxenstierna on Wikipedia. He is the father of our modern state.

The runes are from a carving found near to where I grew up. The pictures tell the story of Sigurd the dragon slayer.
I twisted the image a bit to make it fit better in the sig. Now it looks like you see it when standing before it on the ground.
Do the runestones remain interesting to the people where you live?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:39 am

heydaralon wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Shot up VTech?

I think Hwen has already inflicted severe brain damage on everyone who was forced to read and attempt to understand his posts. Watching any of his movie recommendations will cause full blown Alzheimer's.
Ok, glad it's not just me then. I am really trying to understand what he is saying but either his grasp of the English language is atrocious or he is worse off than I am.
#NotOneRedCent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:55 am

de officiis wrote:
Hastur wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

Runestones never get outdated. The feeling you get when standing before one and actually reading and understanding the words is hard to explain. It's a 1000 years old message you are reading. There were a lot of them around where I grew up.

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:33 am

Hastur wrote:
de officiis wrote:
Hastur wrote: The latin quote translates "Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?" It is from a letter from Axel Oxenstierna to his son Johan written in 1648 as Johan was going to negotiate The Peace of Westphalia. That was the peace that ended the 30 years war.

Runestones never get outdated. The feeling you get when standing before one and actually reading and understanding the words is hard to explain. It's a 1000 years old message you are reading. There were a lot of them around where I grew up.
Hmm...if you had to make a runestone about a story from our culture today, what would it be?

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:34 am

Hastur wrote:
de officiis wrote:
Hastur wrote: The Latin quote translates "Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?" It is from a letter from Axel Oxenstierna to his son Johan written in 1648 as Johan was going to negotiate The Peace of Westphalia. That was the peace that ended the 30 years war.

I've always loved the idea of runestones, it's not that times were simpler, but it was just that what was said, was meant.
#NotOneRedCent