USPS and Union Did Nothing Wrong

The Conservative

Re: USPS and Union Did Nothing Wrong

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Kazmyr wrote:Since the modern media isn't worth two squirts of piss - I was able to drag up the actual OSC report, myself:

https://osc.gov/Resources/FINAL%202017% ... dacted.pdf

Main Bullets:
1. By communicating lists of Labor 2016 participants to local managers, USPS headquarters assured that requests for union offical LWOP to engage in political activity would be favored.
2. USPS's local managers favored NALC members' requests for leave to engage in political activity during Labor 2016 because the requests were characterized as union official LWOP.
B. USPS's practice of favoring NALC's political activity violated the Hatch Act.
And the money shot:
However, OSC concludes that USPS management took official actions with the intent of enabling NALC's political activity, and with a clear understanding of what the activity involved. The collective involvement of USPS management in the Labor 2016 program constitutes a systemic violation of the Hatch Act.
Because the union sent lists requesting leave for union official political business, explicitly, and because the USPS didn't want to piss off the union and at the same time, try to not look like they were saying no to a particular candidate, they stepped in it. Now would this be a big deal if a bunch of non-union USPS employees took LWOP for campaigning for Trump, thereby 'eliminating' favoritism? Maybe not.
So are you saying I actually had a leg to stand on all this time? :?:
#NotOneRedCent

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:40 pm

It's not the going door-to-door/phone banks that's the problem. OSC took umbrage with granting LWOP for the Labor 2016 campaign, which was construed as an implicit endorsement of a particular partisan political campaign (and doing it for years prior). USPS

So, no... I still don't think you have a leg to stand on.

If you did, it'd only be a Peter Dinklage leg.

:snicker:
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:42 pm

/snicker
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Kazmyr wrote:It's not the going door-to-door/phone banks that's the problem. OSC took umbrage with granting LWOP for the Labor 2016 campaign, which was construed as an implicit endorsement of a particular partisan political campaign (and doing it for years prior). USPS

So, no... I still don't think you have a leg to stand on.

If you did, it'd only be a Peter Dinklage leg.

:snicker:
I'll take it.

#NotOneRedCent