USPS and Union Did Nothing Wrong

Fife

USPS and Union Did Nothing Wrong

Post by Fife » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:11 am

America's institutions are crumbling to the ground, before our eyes.

Is there anyone here, or pretty much anywhere, that has even a crumb of respect left for the USPS?

Watchdog: Postal Service broke law by letting employees do Clinton campaign work
The OSC determined the USPS "engaged in systemic violations" of the Hatch Act, a federal law that limits certain political activities of federal employees.

. . .

“We concluded that the USPS practice of facilitating and directing carrier releases for the union’s political activity resulted in an institutional bias in favor of NALC’s endorsed political candidates, which the Hatch Act prohibits,” Miles said in prepared testimony before the Senate Homeland Security Committee, which is set to hold a hearing Wednesday on the matter.
Last edited by Fife on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Conservative

Re: USPS and Union Brazenly Break Law for Hillary

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:26 am

I'd love to see some heads roll, but you know since it's a Clinton, that won't happen.
#NotOneRedCent

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:35 am

The Conservative wrote:I'd love to see some heads roll, but you know since it's a Clinton, that won't happen.
The Clintons are the ones ones who make heads roll. Literally.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:49 am

PartyOf5 wrote:
The Conservative wrote:I'd love to see some heads roll, but you know since it's a Clinton, that won't happen.
The Clintons are the ones ones who make heads roll. Literally.
That is why I said what I did, it's because it's a Clinton, people won't do anything becaue they are afraid of them.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 am

I am not sure I understand the point of the law. Can USPS employees not go on leave?

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:02 am

From the linked piece (there's more there, but I'm not seeing this story elsewhere on google news just yet):

According to OSC Acting Special Counsel Adam Miles, the NALC provided lists of letter carriers to participate in campaign activity to a senior headquarters USPS labor relations official, who then emailed the lists to other USPS officials across the country. According to Miles, the local officials “interpreted the communications as directives” from USPS headquarters to release the carriers on union official leave without pay.

According to the report, local supervisors raised concerns about the impact this would have on postal operations and initially objected to releasing them, but USPS managers instructed local supervisors to let the workers participate.

“We concluded that the USPS practice of facilitating and directing carrier releases for the union’s political activity resulted in an institutional bias in favor of NALC’s endorsed political candidates, which the Hatch Act prohibits,” Miles said in prepared testimony before the Senate Homeland Security Committee, which is set to hold a hearing Wednesday on the matter.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:04 am

Yeah, I read that. I don't understand the problem. They coordinated their employees leave schedules so they could still get the mail delivered when lots of their employees wanted to go on leave. I might think their employee's political choices are shit, but I don't see what that has to do with it.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:15 am

Part of the agreement, they are not allowed to picket, on or off the clock... the post office is supposed to be transparent and unbiased.
Last edited by The Conservative on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 am

This isn't a strike. They were taking leave to work on the Hillary Clinton campaign. I don't see how the USPS was doing anything wrong by coordinating their taking leave so many of them can do it during the campaign season without affecting the mail deliveries.

If the USPS were working directly with the Clinton campaign, I think there might be some lines crossed. Not sure. But I only got the sense from the article that they were working with the union to help as many employees take leave as possible.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:22 am

Not this man's USPS... not in my name!
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen