UK calls for common sense acid control

Speaker to Animals

Re: UK calls for common sense acid control

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:56 pm

According to researchers and activists, countries typically associated with acid assault include Bangladesh, India,[44] Nepal, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, China, United Kingdom, Kenya, South Africa, Uganda, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Ethiopia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid_thro ... idemiology

Fucking great list you made there, UK.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:56 pm

India had drawn headlines years ago for these acid attacks and their prevalency. I clearly remember the magazine that I read it in several years ago. At the time it didn't occur to me, nor was I aware of the huge number of Muslims in that country.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
heydaralon wrote:This is mainly a muslim thing right? Muslims do this kind of stuff to women in their own countries when they get uppity and start wanting to read or don't want to marry a dude 4 times older than them. I realize the news will not admit as much.

They do their damnedest to obfuscate the fact.
Well someone said earlier that this was mainly by whites. Do the british play "race games" with their censuses the way we do here, except instead of hispanics being white, muslims are? I honestly don't know. But it seems possible the way they softpedal all this shit.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:59 pm

Somebody claimed it was mainly white on white but when I called him out he weaseled out of it. I believe he deliberately lied to cover for blacks because I truthfully said that I had heard, from an online Englishman no less, that it's becoming popular with blacks over there.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:59 pm

heydaralon wrote:
heydaralon wrote:This is mainly a muslim thing right? Muslims do this kind of stuff to women in their own countries when they get uppity and start wanting to read or don't want to marry a dude 4 times older than them. I realize the news will not admit as much.

They do their damnedest to obfuscate the fact.
Well someone said earlier that this was mainly by whites. Do the british play "race games" with their censuses the way we do here, except instead of hispanics being white, muslims are? I honestly don't know. But it seems possible the way they softpedal all this shit.

No. That person fell for the weasel language in the article he cited to back that statement up. The article actually said that, though this is mainly a Muslim thing in which Muslim men attack Muslim women, in London the primary targets are gang members attacked by other gang members.

"Gang members"

It would be like if our media said most of the violence in Chicago was perpetrated by "gang members" instead of black people. Oh wait..

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:22 pm

So am I trying to cover for blacks or Muslims?

Or black Muslims?

Just let me know your bogey man and I'll be happy to defend them lol.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:31 pm

According to researchers and activists, countries typically associated with acid assault include Bangladesh, India,[44] Nepal, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, China, United Kingdom, Kenya, South Africa, Uganda, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Ethiopia.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:http://time.com/4858177/rise-in-acid-attacks-britain/
The lack of a pattern in the types of victims makes it difficult to police a response to the increase in crimes. Unlike in South Asia, where women are disproportionately targeted by acid attackers, "here, two-thirds of victims are men," Jaf Shah, executive director of Acid Survivors Trust International (ASTI), tells TIME. Early data suggests that the majority of both attackers and victims are white British men, he says, but the motives span from revenge attacks to hate crimes, domestic abuse, gang crime and organized crime. This "complex picture" is muddied by the lack of a standardized approach to recording these crimes, he says. "You need to have the data otherwise there is a blanket response that doesn’t tackle or reach those communities," he says.
The trend is being driven not by a common motive, but by the ease with which corrosive materials can be acquired by those seeking to do harm. Sulphuric acid in drain cleaners, bleaches and corrosive alkalis in battery fluid can be bought for as little $1 in discount stores and supermarkets across the country. "What we are seeing is the ease in obtaining these types of substances, the majority of which can be found under kitchen sinks," Detective Chief Inspector Mike West, the the Metropolitan Police's lead for corrosive-based crime tells TIME. "With anything, people see other people doing it so they will naturally pick it up," he says.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:00 pm

Montegriffo wrote:http://time.com/4858177/rise-in-acid-attacks-britain/
The lack of a pattern in the types of victims makes it difficult to police a response to the increase in crimes. Unlike in South Asia, where women are disproportionately targeted by acid attackers, "here, two-thirds of victims are men," Jaf Shah, executive director of Acid Survivors Trust International (ASTI), tells TIME. Early data suggests that the majority of both attackers and victims are white British men, he says, but the motives span from revenge attacks to hate crimes, domestic abuse, gang crime and organized crime. This "complex picture" is muddied by the lack of a standardized approach to recording these crimes, he says. "You need to have the data otherwise there is a blanket response that doesn’t tackle or reach those communities," he says.
The trend is being driven not by a common motive, but by the ease with which corrosive materials can be acquired by those seeking to do harm. Sulphuric acid in drain cleaners, bleaches and corrosive alkalis in battery fluid can be bought for as little $1 in discount stores and supermarkets across the country. "What we are seeing is the ease in obtaining these types of substances, the majority of which can be found under kitchen sinks," Detective Chief Inspector Mike West, the the Metropolitan Police's lead for corrosive-based crime tells TIME. "With anything, people see other people doing it so they will naturally pick it up," he says.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:12 pm

Nepal, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, China and South Africa. Countries that all recently held mass conversions to Islam? You know, since throwing acid in people's is a Muslim thing?
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.