Nationwide Arrests for Opioid Fraud & Prescription Abuse

Okeefenokee

Re: Nationwide Arrests for Opioid Fraud & Prescription Abuse

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:58 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I don't get it. So the son didn't make the choice to do the drugs? We should lock people in cages for 30 years for having a week's worth of pills and deny people in pain from getting medicine because your son had no willpower? Hundreds of thousands of people are rotting in prison because someone's son OD'd.
Those kids don't "choose" to get hooked on pills. They're usually prescribed them after some sort of injury, then get addicted. They aren't degenerates.
and what makes you make that claim so certainly?

show your work.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:58 am

That's not really true.

It is true that people can start with a prescription for real pain, but they have that addictive personality and it takes over.

I took narcotics as prescribed for over ten years. When they stopped working, I tapered off. I had physical dependency, but not an addiction. A lot of people don't seem to understand the difference. Physical withdrawal sucks balls, but it's not going to make you run out and rob people for drugs. It just makes you more focused on getting through the process. It's when people have that psychological addiction that shit goes wrong fast.

Also, when you are in pain, and you take the drug as advertised, that feeling of euphoria goes away after a few weeks. It's not really a factor in anything unless you chase by taking more and more pills that you are not supposed to take.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:00 pm

brewster wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:We need money for dem programs
Picture how that partisan nonsense would taste in your mouth standing over the body of your OD'd son.
I'm fine with helping drug addicts. I never would have kicked dope without the midnight mission. Not a government program but whatever. Problem is, democrats will just squirrel the money away into thier bank accounts.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:01 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
brewster wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:We need money for dem programs
Picture how that partisan nonsense would taste in your mouth standing over the body of your OD'd son.
I'm fine with helping drug addicts. I never would have kicked dope without the midnight mission. Not a government program but whatever. Problem is, democrats will just squirrel the money away into thier bank accounts.
you clearly want the dopers to die.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Dand

Post by Dand » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:01 pm

heydaralon wrote:I don't get it. So the son didn't make the choice to do the drugs? We should lock people in cages for 30 years for having a week's worth of pills and deny people in pain from getting medicine because your son had no willpower? Hundreds of thousands of people are rotting in prison because someone's son OD'd.
It's not just a willpower issue with opiates. If someone has the willpower or guts to quit cold turkey they can die. You can't willpower your way out of a genetic disposition to alcoholism/addiction either.

In a libertarian paradise where all drugs are legal without prescription things might be good but these drugs are controlled and I see no problem going after doctors that use their titles to become drug dealers by prescribing to people who don't need it.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Dand wrote:
It's not just a willpower issue with opiates. If someone has the willpower or guts to quit cold turkey they can die. You can't willpower your way out of a genetic disposition to alcoholism/addiction either.

In a libertarian paradise where all drugs are legal without prescription things might be good but these drugs are controlled and I see no problem going after doctors that use their titles to become drug dealers by prescribing to people who don't need it.
The people getting the pills are also dealing them. Half the GDP of most trailer parks comes from medicaid funded dope sales, roughly estimating.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Funny how the government creates massive black markets while it is busy preventing overdoses.

Can't have it all, I guess.

brewster

Post by brewster » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote: The people getting the pills are also dealing them. Half the GDP of most trailer parks comes from medicaid funded dope sales, roughly estimating.
Follow the money and it leads back to corporate sales. There's a huge difference between this and illicitly produce drugs. The notion that there can possibly be a prescription drug epidemic blows my mind. Those people in the trailer park did not get them from legitimately operating doctors.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:47 pm

brewster wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote: The people getting the pills are also dealing them. Half the GDP of most trailer parks comes from medicaid funded dope sales, roughly estimating.
Follow the money and it leads back to corporate sales. There's a huge difference between this and illicitly produce drugs. The notion that there can possibly be a prescription drug epidemic blows my mind. Those people in the trailer park did not get them from legitimately operating doctors.
"Muh back still hurts"
"Ok, here ya go"

Legitimate doctors have no way of measuring pain, so they will keep a script going for life.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:55 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:That's not really true.

It is true that people can start with a prescription for real pain, but they have that addictive personality and it takes over.

I took narcotics as prescribed for over ten years. When they stopped working, I tapered off. I had physical dependency, but not an addiction. A lot of people don't seem to understand the difference. Physical withdrawal sucks balls, but it's not going to make you run out and rob people for drugs. It just makes you more focused on getting through the process. It's when people have that psychological addiction that shit goes wrong fast.

Also, when you are in pain, and you take the drug as advertised, that feeling of euphoria goes away after a few weeks. It's not really a factor in anything unless you chase by taking more and more pills that you are not supposed to take.
You're also an adult. Teenagers do not possess that level of self control, or awareness.

This is a pretty common topic here in OH - at the heart of the heroin epidemic. It starts almost universally with a legit prescription, then progresses to pill dependency, and a transition to the needle. It's happened to people I know, and it's happening across the country. This is not in question, moral judgements, notwithstanding.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0