David Brooks Sandwich Column

Okeefenokee

Re: David Brooks Sandwich Column

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:42 pm

doc_loliday wrote:There are big time zoning problems. The rich in San Francisco won't let you build, (but who is responsible for this?) and it causes rent to skyrocket. In any case it won't solve the problem. Putting poor kids in rich schools won't fix the problem because the problem isn't related to money. It's a family/cultural problem. Overwhelming the area with the poor will just cause the people with means to leave.
Dr. Peterson was talking about that in a speech I listened to last night. They have done full studies showing the bad eggs bring down the good eggs, not the other way around.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:19 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:There are big time zoning problems. The rich in San Francisco won't let you build, (but who is responsible for this?) and it causes rent to skyrocket. In any case it won't solve the problem. Putting poor kids in rich schools won't fix the problem because the problem isn't related to money. It's a family/cultural problem. Overwhelming the area with the poor will just cause the people with means to leave.
Dr. Peterson was talking about that in a speech I listened to last night. They have done full studies showing the bad eggs bring down the good eggs, not the other way around.

I thought we learned the lesson that forcing people to associate who do not want to associate does not work.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

I thought we learned the lesson that forcing people to associate who do not want to associate does not work.
That's pretty phallogocentric of you. Learning is a construct of the patriarchy.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

That's pretty phallogocentric of you. Learning is a construct of the patriarchy.
:lol: