Re: Net Neutrality

Post by StCapps » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:20 pm

brewster wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:39 pm
brewster wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:27 pm

No, there's nothing there but your fevered imagination. Has the FCC regulating telephones meant your calls are censored? The camels nose theory is bullshit. Regulating markets and regulating content are 2 separate things. How can insuring equality of access for all users mean censorship?
Dude look at FCC regulation of radio and television, you can't trust the FCC to not censor shit, if you do, you're a moron.

"Ensuring quality of access" is a euphemism for only the big IPs get to run the internet because the smaller IP competition can't "ensure quality of access" without following burdensome regulations, it's to maintain the oligopoly. It will not hurt the big IPs and protect users, the way it is sold, it will help the big IPs stave off potential competitors, even more than they already can, so users will have less choices except the already established major players who can afford to follow the regulations while their competition cannot.

You've been sold a lie. You aren't sticking it to Comcast, Comcast will benefit and have their position in the market solidified even more.
So the FCC has traditionally censored broadcast for obscenity. Big fucking deal. They have had a MUCH bigger wheelhouse than that! Telecom, bandwidths, all sorts of things, but you only care about the 7 words you can't say? How does net neutrality itself, not what you imagine it might open the door to like "burdensome reguations", but just net neutrality, give away the store to big IP's? This isn't about competition between IP's at all, it's about competition between content providers.
Once the FCC has control, the IPs will bribe the shit out of former FCC regulators with high paying jobs, especially if they have friends at FCC to help them get the regulations they want through cronyism, and then if they do them a solid, will have a high paying job waiting for them when they leave the FCC.

The FCC are already notorious for caving to the pressure of major media outlets and then going after minor media outlets. Big government and big business go hand in hand, as is the case with the FCC, big government doesn't stifle big business, big government empowers big business by stifling it's competition.

Only naive big government lovers believe the myth that government intervention hurts big business. Pull your head out of your ass brewster, stop believing in fairy tales, supporting net neutrality hurts Comcast's smaller competition a lot more than it hurts Comcast, wise up.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm

StCapps wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:07 pm
I think you need to form an argument to defend this dumbass hypothesis so you can work out for yourself how stupid it is.
I think no amount of reasoning will convince you that the FCC isn't your friend. It's as plain as day to anyone who knows anything about the FCC, you just put your fingers in your ears and trust the most notorious government censors to protect free speech. You trust the foxes to guard the hen house, you're that stupid.
I am just asking for you to defend your assertions. How is net neutrality like FCC allocating radio bandwidth to local radio stations??

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 pm
StCapps wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:07 pm
I think you need to form an argument to defend this dumbass hypothesis so you can work out for yourself how stupid it is.
I think no amount of reasoning will convince you that the FCC isn't your friend. It's as plain as day to anyone who knows anything about the FCC, you just put your fingers in your ears and trust the most notorious government censors to protect free speech. You trust the foxes to guard the hen house, you're that stupid.
I am just asking for you to defend your assertions. How is net neutrality like FCC allocating radio bandwidth to local radio stations??
I don't even know what assertions you want me to defend, for all I know, your shitty reading comprehension leads you to believe I said something idiotic when I did not, as is usually the case when you play this baby game.

I have defended my assertions better than you have defended yours, you literally just say dumb shit and fail to address obvious holes in Net Neutrality when I point them out, yet you are asking me to defend my assertions when I have done so repeatedly? That's rich, you clearly do not argue in good faith.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 am

You made a ridiculous claim and refused to back it up with any argument whatsoever. How is net neutrality like the FCC partitioning out the radio spectrum to local radio stations?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:09 am

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 am
You made a ridiculous claim and refused to back it up with any argument whatsoever. How is net neutrality like the FCC partitioning out the radio spectrum to local radio stations?
I never said that. I said that giving the FCC control over regulating the internet when they notoriously censor television and radio which they also regulate, is a dumb idea. The FCC can't be trusted, their history with regulation in other media makes that quite apparent.

As usual, your reading comprehension is complete trash, and you constantly try to attribute idiotic arguments to me that I never make, to make yourself sound smarter by comparison. Strawman City.
*yip*

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 pm

StCapps wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:09 am
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:27 am
I never said that. I said that giving the FCC control over regulating the internet when they notoriously censor television and radio which they also regulate, is a dumb idea. The FCC can't be trusted, their history with regulation in other media makes that quite apparent.

As usual, your reading comprehension is complete trash, and you constantly try to attribute idiotic arguments to me that I never make, to make yourself sound smarter by comparison. Strawman City.
So the government keeping the four big backbone networks from shaking everybody down and disrupting free markets is just like the FCC telling Johnny Carson he was not allowed to say pussy on broadcast television?

There is literally no logical connection.

You should defend asinine statements like this. You cannot just make dumbass pronouncements, not defend them, and pretend like that is debate.

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:goteam: :drunk:

:blackoutdrunk:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:33 pm

Oh no, where will we get access to high quality dramas featuring interracial couples now?

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:47 pm

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:51 pm
So the government keeping the four big backbone networks from shaking everybody down and disrupting free markets is just like the FCC telling Johnny Carson he was not allowed to say pussy on broadcast television?

There is literally no logical connection.

You should defend asinine statements like this. You cannot just make dumbass pronouncements, not defend them, and pretend like that is debate.
Never said that either you dolt.

The FCC empowered the big backbone networks by hindering their competition AND they censored broadcast television. That is what happened, they could have done one or the other, neither, or both, and they choose to do both, and this is the agency you want to regulate the internet?

Moron. Trusting the FCC is for rubes.
*yip*

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:32 am

Net Neutrality fanbois rejoice!

The master plan is kicking in.