Net Neutrality

The Conservative

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:10 am

Well as of now, nothing changes because none of the effects that were menat to happen actually did yet... go on live as you have, getting your data culled.
#NotOneRedCent

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:10 am

TheReal_ND wrote:No. It's a complicated issue obviously. If you really want a summary though here goes: liberals and cuck Oliver shill for Net Neutrality therefore do the exact opposite of what they say because they do not give a single fuck about freedom and neither does the FFC.
:lol:

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:22 am

apeman wrote:Google, Amazon and FB not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts?

My lil sis emailed me to ask about this, I am struggling to find anything close to a fair and complete breakdown, best source so far has been bloomberg.
Goodness out of their hearts? Fuck no, but a rational understanding of an open market? They don't want to have to pay to get an edge on each other for access, which means start-ups won't have to either. It stops IP companies from being greater rent seekers than they already are.

The internet isn't some fucking nature preserve, walling it off or charging access fees above and beyond what you already pay does nothing to keep it running smoothly and is the definition of pay-to-win.

So next time some horseshit salesmen tries to sell you ambivalence on this issue with the whole "we're just little guys and this is a beef between corporatists, stay out of it," tell them to fuck right off.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:27 am

not good with sarcasm I see

Is there more to it than your rant Cid?

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:28 am

Did cid always just randomly pop in every few months at the other forum too?

Cid

Post by Cid » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:40 am

apeman wrote:not good with sarcasm I see

Fine with sarcasm, also fine with taking the piss out of it when it stupid as shit sarcasm. The implication that GOOG FB etc are to be equally mistrusted, with respect to Comcast and Verizon, because they are greedy corporatists is horseshit in this regard.

If you want a golf clap for being trite there are any number of mother fuckers willing to give you a handjob in here, with Señor Shistain-n-Chief being foremost at hand with soothing lotion and pansy non-sequiturs.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:43 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Did cid always just randomly pop in every few months at the other forum too?
:lol: I don't know, but he is coming in like a fucking asteroid on this thing.

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:48 am

You know what happened last time they tried this? They said they had to pass the law before it could be released to the public.

Nope. Nothing sketchy at all there.
Thursday's vote comes after Commissioners Michael O'Rielly and Ajut Pai asked that the FCC "immediately release the 332-page Internet regulation plan publicly and allow the American people a reasonable period of not less than 30 days to carefully study it."
That request was denied; we'll post the document here when it's available.

tldr: it was never made available.

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:48 am

Cid wrote:
apeman wrote:not good with sarcasm I see

Fine with sarcasm, also fine with taking the piss out of it when it stupid as shit sarcasm. The implication that GOOG FB etc are to be equally mistrusted, with respect to Comcast and Verizon, because they are greedy corporatists is horseshit in this regard.

If you want a golf clap for being trite there are any number of mother fuckers willing to give you a handjob in here, with Señor Shistain-n-Chief being foremost at hand with soothing lotion and pansy non-sequiturs.
You are very angry and not very good at reading comprehension.

Where did I imply that VZ and T are to be equally mistrusted as GOOG et al? Oh I didn't.

I started this thread because I don't understand the issue and came for advice.

I wonder what problems you have in your life to make you so angry about my observations that GOOG FB et al not doing it out of goodness of their hearts.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:53 am

TheReal_ND wrote:You know what happened last time they tried this? They said they had to pass the law before it could be released to the public.

Nope. Nothing sketchy at all there.
Thursday's vote comes after Commissioners Michael O'Rielly and Ajut Pai asked that the FCC "immediately release the 332-page Internet regulation plan publicly and allow the American people a reasonable period of not less than 30 days to carefully study it."
That request was denied; we'll post the document here when it's available.

tldr: it was never made available.
hmm... Where else have we seen this recently?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0