Net Neutrality

apeman

Net Neutrality

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:12 am

Can someone with knowledge of both sides of the debate break it down? Lot of propaganda out there.

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Net Neutrality

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:29 am

It's been intentionally confused and obfuscated beyond recognition. I know that the original definition was to prevent service throttling by ISPs, based on economic preference (paid fast-lanes, etc).

The lobbyists are all over it now, using their finest double-speak to trick people into being cool with it anyway.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:31 am

It's going to be hard, IMNSHO, to find much in the way of an unbiased breakdown out there.

I would point out, in an effort to look at which oxen are afraid of getting gored, there is a "day of action" underway today to protect the rules. Guess who is funding and running the "day of action."
The biggest U.S. internet companies aim to marshal their millions of users Wednesday in the fight to preserve net-neutrality rules — a summon-the-masses strategy that successfully killed Hollywood-backed anti-piracy legislation five years ago but which may carry less power in today's GOP-dominated Washington.

Google, Facebook, Amazon and Snapchat, along with an array of other websites and apps taking part in the “day of action,” believe a firehose of internet users can convince President Donald Trump's Federal Communications Commission to abandon its plan to gut the rules.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/1 ... ity-240424

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 am

Google, Amazon and FB not doing this out of the goodness of their hearts?

My lil sis emailed me to ask about this, I am struggling to find anything close to a fair and complete breakdown, best source so far has been bloomberg.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:48 am

There's a good discussion on the Jason Stapleton FB page and it's changed my original view.

This guy Chris Stone pretty much sums up my view as it currently stands
The general idea behind net neutrality is ok, but we are giving the power to the government to do it. That's the major problem. They will collude with the industry and the internet will be destroyed.
Otherwise everything's been so obfuscated I have no clear view on the situation. It's large companies fighting against other large companies and who can you believe at that point?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:00 am

apeman wrote:Can someone with knowledge of both sides of the debate break it down? Lot of propaganda out there.
Can someone that knows how to use the search function show this technically illiterate nigger how to find the multiple threads we have concerning this already?

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:03 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
apeman wrote:Can someone with knowledge of both sides of the debate break it down? Lot of propaganda out there.
Can someone that knows how to use the search function show this technically illiterate nigger how to find the multiple threads we have concerning this already?
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1366&p=68105&hilit ... ity#p68105

Thanks

Can you summarize these 53 post real quick?

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:05 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:06 am

No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:07 am

No. It's a complicated issue obviously. If you really want a summary though here goes: liberals and cuck Oliver shill for Net Neutrality therefore do the exact opposite of what they say because they do not give a single fuck about freedom and neither does the FFC.