American rural vs urban demographics and economy

KerningChameleon

Re: American rural vs urban demographics and economy

Post by KerningChameleon » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 pm

My takeaway is there are more Royalists on this forum than I thought who believe the American Revolution deserved to fail since the federal government should have no right to force a tax on its states, and the states weren't willing to volunteer part of their taxes to the federal government under the original Articles of Confederation to, among other things, pay the fucking soldiers who were still actively defending the states from the British army. If it weren't for the cockshite Washington trying to read that stupid letter, the coup that was brewing in the ranks might've gone on as planned.

Oddly enough, I find myself kind of agreeing with this argument. The USA is an illegitimate government, dissolve it and return its holdings to the Crown, where they rightfully belong! #LostCauseOfTheRedcoats
"Old World Blues.' It refers to those so obsessed with the past they can't see the present, much less the future, for what it is. They stare into the what-was...as the realities of their world continue on around them." -Fallout New Vegas

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:14 pm

"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

katarn

Post by katarn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:21 pm

C-Mag wrote:
brewster wrote:This one's for StA so he has a place to rant his theories of the demise of the evil cities instead of hijacking my Jeffersonian thread.
Fascinating bunch of data here. Https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-r ... 6-210.html But StA ain't going to like it because he'll want to move the "urban" goalposts to his definition of "not shitty big city" rather than the Census Bureau's.

I looked at the data it appears it counts towns down to a population of 2500 people(urban clusters). By those standards places like Rocky Ford, CO, Burns, OR and Gatlinburg, Tennessee urban places.
Well that's just unreasonable. Rocky Ford is a bunch of farms with a grocery store and a high school with an anthropomorphic watermelon mascot. Their practice fields practically double as fertilizer dumps. If that place is urban, then Wyoming and Alaska might be the only states with wide rural areas.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:23 pm

katarn wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
brewster wrote:This one's for StA so he has a place to rant his theories of the demise of the evil cities instead of hijacking my Jeffersonian thread.
Fascinating bunch of data here. Https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-r ... 6-210.html But StA ain't going to like it because he'll want to move the "urban" goalposts to his definition of "not shitty big city" rather than the Census Bureau's.

I looked at the data it appears it counts towns down to a population of 2500 people(urban clusters). By those standards places like Rocky Ford, CO, Burns, OR and Gatlinburg, Tennessee urban places.
Well that's just unreasonable. Rocky Ford is a bunch of farms with a grocery store and a high school with an anthropomorphic watermelon mascot. Their practice fields practically double as fertilizer dumps. If that place is urban, then Wyoming and Alaska might be the only states with wide rural areas.
Yeah. That's the way I saw it when I heard this dumb shit in high school.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:32 pm

katarn wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I see that you've been to Rocky Ford too. :D Pretty much what you describe, but according to the government, it's an Urban Cluster :lol:

I've become very cynical about any stats coming out of our government, from Unemployment to number of Firearms owned, the numbers are pretty worthless.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience