American rural vs urban demographics and economy

TheReal_ND

Re: American rural vs urban demographics and economy

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:24 pm

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF HOUSTON TEXAS WE ARE ALREADY THE MOST DIVERSE CITY IN THE NATION FUCK YOU I WANT MY 80% WHITE SCHOOL I WENT TO FOR MY SON OUT OUT OUT

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:49 pm

What does the government's definition of anything have to do with my position on this matter? Wouldn't *my* definitions of what *I* consider the two groups matter with respect to how *I* see the situation?

PartyOf5

Post by PartyOf5 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:00 pm

brewster wrote:
PartyOf5 wrote:Yeah, he posted 2 sets of numbers that contradict each other.
perhaps you can elaborate, it's all from the census bureau.
:doh:

ND already pointed this out.

You said: "And here the rural are more likely to be single, uneducated, unemployed and in poverty."

Your opening image shows that Rural is 61.9% married to Urban 50.8% married. Rural at 11.7% poverty vs. Urban 14%.

Looks like your cherry picking numbers to make you point, which is.......? what?

How can STA move the goalposts when you don't even know what his definitions are? You're trying to set the goalposts for him.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:07 pm

ND already pointed this out.
No I didn't. I just wanted to separate the blacks from the equation because this argument is always aimed at rural whites. It's a standard argument. Once you ask them to do that they change subject.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 pm

PartyOf5 wrote:This is the government for you:
Definition of Rural: The Census Bureau defines rural as any population, housing, or territory NOT in an urban area. :doh:

https://storymaps.geo.census.gov/arcgis ... cb65ad942a
"To account for the increase in suburbanization, the 1950 Census defined urban by identifying densely settled urbanized areas with populations of 50,000 or more. Incorporated places and census designated places with populations of at least 2,500 and less than 50,000 located outside of urbanized areas were also included as urban. This definition was used until 2000.

Urban clusters were first introduced in 2000 to replace urban places outside of urbanized areas.

The Census Bureau delineated 3,573 urban areas after the 2010 Census for the United States:
486 Urbanized Areas
3,087 Urban Clusters"

I took a look at my home state. A lot of smaller cities surrounded by rural areas are classified as urban. I'm sure those places helped to offset the "fully urban" areas like Detroit, Chicago, and other crapholes.
mentioned this before. they taught us in high school that rural was anyone who had to drive x number of miles to get to work.

i asked if a farmer was considered urban since he lived where he worked. teacher said yes.

these numbers are probably garbage.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:38 pm

For Anyone interested in continuing this conversation please visit this thread viewtopic.php?f=62&p=80440#p80440
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:39 pm

heydaralon wrote:For Anyone interested in continuing this conversation please visit this thread viewtopic.php?f=62&p=80440#p80440
you're a bad man. :lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

brewster

Post by brewster » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:42 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:STAY THE FUCK OUT OF HOUSTON TEXAS WE ARE ALREADY THE MOST DIVERSE CITY IN THE NATION FUCK YOU I WANT MY 80% WHITE SCHOOL I WENT TO FOR MY SON OUT OUT OUT
How do you figure most diverse? In this count it's 28th in 'Cultural Diversity' Rank, my city is #1.
https://wallethub.com/edu/most-diverse-cities/12690/

As for your kid, what matters most is him not the school. The best school can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. I went to 100% white school, the low class Sicilians who moved from Brooklyn filled the thug quota, some of them were really and truly Mafia. It was a meh school, and I was a crappy student. My son, a much better student and person than me, went to a selective "test in" high school where he was one of 3 white boys of 180 kids in his graduating class. He's straight A student, an Eagle Scout and has a scholarship to an Honors program at an excellent out of state U.

I have no doubt the brown kids here in that selective HS are far smarter than the white kids in your TX HS. You should wish your kid could go to a school like that. The really smart kids are going to Ivies, one of his buddies was in the 40 National finalists for the Intel Science contest. Those brown kids and their parents are what makes America great, just like the generations of ambitious, driven immigrants before them. It's not their fault some born here don't work as hard as they do. I sure don't.

Partyof5: For the data discrepancy between the 2 graphics, I have no idea. They both are from the Census Bureau, linked from the same page.

StA: You have yet to define your "toxic city" in a quantitative way.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:47 pm

brewster wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:STAY THE FUCK OUT OF HOUSTON TEXAS WE ARE ALREADY THE MOST DIVERSE CITY IN THE NATION FUCK YOU I WANT MY 80% WHITE SCHOOL I WENT TO FOR MY SON OUT OUT OUT
How do you figure most diverse? In this count it's 28th in 'Cultural Diversity' Rank, my city is #1.

As for your kid, what matters most is him not the school. The best school can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear. I went to 100% white school, the low class Sicilians who moved from Brooklyn filled the thug quota, some of them were really and truly Mafia. It was a meh school, and I was a crappy student. My son, a much better student and person than me, went to a selective "test in" high school where he was one of 3 white boys of 180 kids in his graduating class. He's straight A student, an Eagle Scout and has a scholarship to an Honors program at an excellent out of state U.

I have no doubt the brown kids here in that selective HS are far smarter than the white kids in your TX HS. You should wish your kid could go to a school like that. The really smart kids are going to Ivies, one of his buddies was in the 40 National finalists for the Intel Science contest. Those brown kids and their parents are what makes America great, just like the generations of ambitious, driven immigrants before them. It's not their fault some born here don't work as hard as they do. I sure don't.

Partyof5: For the data discrepancy between the 2 graphics, I have no idea. They both are from the Census Bureau, linked from the same page.

I feel as though Alexander Hamilton was on the wrong side of History. If Aaron Burr hadn't punched his ticket he would be viewed as a second rate thinker and failed bankster.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:50 pm

brewster wrote:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-hou ... story.html

http://www.latimes.com/local/education/ ... story.html

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-texas/a ... 133665.php

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/1321089

I'm sure you do love hiding behind smart brown people kike. You're fucking dead to me. You're going in the ovens.

In case you didn't here me; you are going into a fucking oven again.