Who Killed the Left?

Fife

Who Killed the Left?

Post by Fife » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:51 am

Take heart, friends. The Left really is dead. It may still be barely ambulatory, but it is as brain-dead as a plate of fried chicken.

Things and processes that deny basic laws of nature and observable reality are doomed to failure. The failure rate is, in fact, 100%. Is there any reason to think that the current iteration is any different?

As to the question, the estimable Fernandez has the answer:

Who Killed the Left?
Yet most of us know who did it, though we hesitate to name the obvious suspect. The Left, even in its downfall, has stilled our tongues. The word comes to the edge of our lips before we choke it back, fearful even now of the ridicule and abuse we will get should we blurt it. That word is God. God killed the Left. Of course one could legitimately use some other term. "Reality," "consequences," the "laws of nature," "economics," even "truth" will do. Through some process of increasing entropy, failed memory management, or unanticipated side effects, the status quo -- the one dominated by the Left -- is collapsing.

PartyOf5

Re: Who Killed the Left?

Post by PartyOf5 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:12 am

It has been self-inflicted. The internet and everyone having the ability to record what happens everywhere helped speed it up.

I don't think "the left" as a whole is evil or bad, but the party representing the left has taken itself off into the woods, where most everyday people can no longer relate. There are decent people who identify as left of center. Those people are not the ones steering the left's ship. They should be trying to take back control of their own party/group in order to bring some sanity back to it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:15 am

I watched a video of Jordan Peterson talking about the marxists where he spelled it out: the fundamental assumptions of western civilization are correct. People are trying to come to the west, not the other way around. The west invented science, modern medicine, computers, and spaceflight. Not anybody else.

But the "Left" has explicitly rejected the premise. To them, the West is evil, racist, immoral, and must be destroyed. The "Left" recoils at the assertion that the West really is the best civilization. They cannot bear to even hear it. It's almost as painful and cursing to them as the name of Jesus.

In particular, the West elevates the individual. Individuals are priceless. But the "Left" sees you only as a collective. You are a black, white, homosexual, hispanic, etc. The only thing that matters to the "Left" is the group. But most people in the West, even the ones who vote democrat, care about their individuality, and when push comes to shove, if they are getting punished for belonging to a group, they will try to escape that group by focusing on their individuality, which is a very western thing to do, but it undermines the entire project of the "Left" to reduce everything to corporatist representation.

That's what killed them.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:30 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I watched a video of Jordan Peterson talking about the marxists where he spelled it out: the fundamental assumptions of western civilization are correct. People are trying to come to the west, not the other way around. The west invented science, modern medicine, computers, and spaceflight. Not anybody else.

But the "Left" has explicitly rejected the premise. To them, the West is evil, racist, immoral, and must be destroyed. The "Left" recoils at the assertion that the West really is the best civilization. They cannot bear to even hear it. It's almost as painful and cursing to them as the name of Jesus.

In particular, the West elevates the individual. Individuals are priceless. But the "Left" sees you only as a collective. You are a black, white, homosexual, hispanic, etc. The only thing that matters to the "Left" is the group. But most people in the West, even the ones who vote democrat, care about their individuality, and when push comes to shove, if they are getting punished for belonging to a group, they will try to escape that group by focusing on their individuality, which is a very western thing to do, but it undermines the entire project of the "Left" to reduce everything to corporatist representation.

That's what killed them.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:31 am

Aren't you guys worried that that this is just a swing, and not some permanent march to the right?

brewster

Post by brewster » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:58 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I watched a video of Jordan Peterson talking about the marxists where he spelled it out: the fundamental assumptions of western civilization are correct. People are trying to come to the west, not the other way around. The west invented science, modern medicine, computers, and spaceflight. Not anybody else.

That's what killed them.
Well that sounds all pat and lovely, but it's completely about your perceptions and biases than any reality. I and most of my friends and neighbors are liberals, and nobody believes any of the nonsense you explained. I'll concede there's a crazy left wing (as there is a batshit right one), but they're a small portion of the Dem and Liberal Americans.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:10 am

Brew, Liberals, like you & me, are doing fine. It's the Collectivist SJW Left that's taking a beating. When they fall, we'll take over. (Hopefully.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:14 am

Whenever these types of threads show up I'm reminded of this post from after the election that I saved, I believe it was the Hashmaster that posted it, but I could be wrong

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:20 am

brewster wrote:

That's what killed them.
Well that sounds all pat and lovely, but it's completely about your perceptions and biases than any reality. I and most of my friends and neighbors are liberals, and nobody believes any of the nonsense you explained. I'll concede there's a crazy left wing (as there is a batshit right one), but they're a small portion of the Dem and Liberal Americans.
You are mistaken. They are now the base of the Democratic party.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:28 am

brewster wrote:

That's what killed them.
They are running your shit. They are in the colleges, they are the ones running your political campaigns, they are in your media. It doesn't matter how many of them there are, it matters if you have them under control. You don't, they control you. You have to take your party back from this small portion, but since you won't recognize the problem before you can fix it.