WTF Canada?!

Martin Hash

Re: WTF Canada?!

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:12 am

Zlaxer wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:07 am
this shit is never going to end - no pitchforks -

First they came for....
I agree. Countries that go Communist may fail economically but the people remain Communists none-the-less.

I don’t even know how to fight back? Run for political office? Check. Have a political presence in Social Media? Check. Offer cogent explanations, solutions & strategy? Check. In a democracy, Communists eventually are a majority.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

TheOneX

Post by TheOneX » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:22 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:12 am
Zlaxer wrote:

First they came for....
I agree. Countries that go Communist may fail economically but the people remain Communists none-the-less.

I don’t even know how to fight back? Run for political office? Check. Have a political presence in Social Media? Check. Offer cogent explanations, solutions & strategy? Check. In a democracy, Communists eventually are a majority.
The people do not remain communist after the economies fail, but by that point they are powerless to change anything.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:32 am

TheOneX wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:22 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:12 am
Zlaxer wrote:

First they came for....

The people do not remain communist after the economies fail, but by that point they are powerless to change anything.
The Communist party is still the most popular in Russia.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:18 pm

Toronto man charged after posting photo of Alberta judge taken during court hearing for COVID-19 rule breakers

Charges have been laid against a Toronto man for posting photos of the Alberta judge who recently convicted four anti-mask, COVID-19-denying men who repeatedly breached public health restrictions and judges' orders.

This is the second-known breach of judges' privacy in as many weeks. It follows news earlier this month that former Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms president John Carpay, who is now on indefinite leave, hired a private investigator to follow Manitoba Chief Justice Glenn Joyal — who is presiding over a court challenge related to the province's lockdown measures — to his home and cottage.

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Adam Germain has been tasked with handling all Alberta pandemic-related breaches of judges' orders. The aim is to control repeat offenders who refused to abide by public health restrictions and encouraged others to follow along.

Donald Smith, an anti-mask, pandemic-denying supporter of Calgary mayoral candidate Kevin J. Johnston (This the Canadian version of a Trump smear?), admitted in court Tuesday that he took pictures of Germain as well as Alberta Health Services (AHS) lawyer Mark Jackson.

He was charged with contempt of court....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.6119390
Facing jail for posting screencaps of a broadcast WebEx meeting. Stalinst-ass Canada.
But to be fair, the dude sounds like the most juvenile internet keyboard warrior ever. Check these dueling quotes from the story:

First he was like: "I know posting this picture of the judge can land me in hot water but I really do not care because its time to expose these crooked judges for what there doing."

Then he was like: "It will never, never, never happen again, and you've got my word on that," he said. "I'm terribly sorry. What I did was wrong, it will never happen again."

Dude went from badass to bootlicker faster than a Tesla can hit 60MPH
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm

yeah, you do not want to mess with a judge in Canada

there is separation of powers, the judiciary is independent of Parliament

but it's not a republic, this is a monarchy

the judges are backed up with the authority of Queen Elizabeth II

it's like when I was young, you didn't call a judge "your honour", back in the day it was "M'Lord"

Canada is kind of halfway between the British system and the American system

except Canada takes the worst aspects of both, it's the worst of both worlds

the main advantage to Canada, is order, it's not as chaotic as it would be in other societies, Canadians don't like boat rockers of any kind

so you can have peace, but you won't get freedom
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:50 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:18 pm
Dude went from badass to bootlicker faster than a Tesla can hit 60MPH
:lol:
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm

Well ... sounds like something he shoulda considered before pissing on them and screaming "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!"

Because he apparently gives a fuck now.
Damn.
If you're going to do the crime, own that shit.
"Oh you didn't like me posting your picture, judge. Well why don't you frown for me you powdered wig wearing fuck, so I can snap a pic of it and post that too. Womp, womp!"
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:31 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:24 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:29 pm

Well ... sounds like something he shoulda considered before pissing on them and screaming "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK!"

Because he apparently gives a fuck now.
Damn.
If you're going to do the crime, own that shit.
"Oh you didn't like me posting your picture, judge. Well why don't you frown for me you powdered wig wearing fuck, so I can snap a pic of it and post that too. Womp, womp!"
yeah, I mean, more power to him

but I am a married land owner, so I don't fuck with the judiciary

the correct strategy in all things jurisprudence related is to get the judge onside, to convince him of your righteousness

but the judges are not elected politicians here, they don't put up with rabble rousing, that's barking up the wrong tree
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:02 pm

I want to give this judge a bit of love right about now.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:18 pm

frankly, I don't find the Canadian judges to be that bad

much more likely a democratically elected American judge will throw the book at some poor soul, just to pander to the mob

doesn't even matter if it is a Liberal judge here, they are just less prone to pandering

the judges here don't give a fuck what the politicians say, and they don't give a fuck what the mob in the street says neither

they are certainly ideological, most of them are Liberals

but they're not beholden to anybody, they will give you your day in court

so I think that Canadian judges are more reasonable by default, you have a good chance of winning in court here, by the argument alone

you certainly do improve your chances by hiring the best lawyer

which for criminal code cases here, is Marie Henein of Henein, Hutchison LLP down in the 6ix

like if you are an American who gets in the shit in Canada, you call her, she's the Johnnie Cochran of Canada

Nec Aspera Terrent