Breaking: US and Russia to announce Syria cease fire

Smitty-48

Re: Breaking: US and Russia to announce Syria cease fire

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:08 pm

Everything is cush in the Canadian Forces

There really isn't a bad posting, the food is always great, the facilities are top notch, there's pretty young things in every small town.

But the RCAF is crazy cush, it's so laid back you forget you're in the army, when you go back to army world it's a shock.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:12 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:08 pm

There really isn't a bad posting, the food is always great, the facilities are top notch, there's pretty young things in every small town.

But the RCAF is crazy cush, it's so laid back you forget you're in the army, when you go back to army world it's a shock.
They said Cold Lake was one of their worst, and I thought it wasn't half bad. The chow hall food made up for any remoteness. They also had two bars on base that I found, and both of those were pretty fun, with events like comedians, etc. It would probably suck if you are single and can't land a barracks wife.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:12 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:08 pm

They said Cold Lake was one of their worst, and I thought it wasn't half bad. The chow hall food made up for any remoteness. They also had two bars on base that I found, and both of those were pretty fun, with events like comedians, etc. It would probably suck if you are single and can't land a barracks wife.
People don't like it because it's in the middle of nowhere and the winter is harsh.

There again tho, you can have a good time there if you go native, Alberta Redneck.

It's oil and cattle country, you gotta get down with the small town Alberta Country & Western.

Cold Lake itself is a nice spot in summer.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:26 pm

There's cuties in Cold Lake too, Alberta girls, they get dolled up.

If you can find yourself a girl who likes winter sports, it could be pretty nice.

Again, it's all about the outdoors, horseback riding, ATV, boating, fishing, camping, hockey, golf.

That's military lifestyle.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:48 pm

Petawawa was nice like that too.

It's right on the banks of the Ottawa River. Across from the base side it's just escarpment and woods.

The beaches on the base are not open to the public without accompaniment.

So we'd take our girls down to the beach and set up a tent and build a fire and bring a boombox.

Beach party in Pet was sexy fun times.

The river is the key feature, it's a paradise really.

Nec Aspera Terrent

Arc Light

Post by Arc Light » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Folks are starting to make noises about moving the legacy nukes in Turkey. If we gotta go there, I'd like to just wake up and read that it's a done deal. Crimea style. No nuclear tug-o-war horse shit.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Arc Light wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:19 pm
Folks are starting to make noises about moving the legacy nukes in Turkey. If we gotta go there, I'd like to just wake up and read that it's a done deal. Crimea style. No nuclear tug-o-war horse shit.
No point. USAF controls those, not Turkey.

And if this shit were happening to the US, you better believe we'd be rolling across the border to establish a buffer zone too.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... han-a-year

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Arc Light wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:19 pm
Oh look it's another epsisode of wtf is turkey doing in NATO and why are we even here if western Europe has fallen to communism despite it?

I'll tell you why actually. It's because church attendance in Russia is growing and they hate it.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm

The B61's are PAL locked, they're junk without the codes to unlock them.

If the Turks breach NATO nuclear security, they will be designated as hostile.

It's not a winning hand for the Turks, and again, NATO is now bypassing them by way of Romania.

Will not surprise me if NATO at some point moves the B61's from Incirlik to Romania.

Turkey is not longer a trusted partner, while Romania is open for business.

The Bosporus Strait and associated Montreaux Agreement are rendered moot;

By NATO access to the Black Sea through Romania. Suck it, Ivan.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:59 pm

Or Poland.

Romania and Poland together would be pretty effective.

Moscow is less than 700 miles from Polish territory.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.