Breaking: US and Russia to announce Syria cease fire

TheReal_ND

Re: Breaking: US and Russia to announce Syria cease fire

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:
HAMBURG, Germany (AP) — The United States and Russia have reached agreement on a cease-fire in southwest Syria, three U.S. officials said Friday as President Donald Trump held his first meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The deal marks a new level of involvement for the U.S. in trying to resolve Syria’s civil war. Although details about the agreement and how it will be implemented weren’t immediately available, the cease-fire is set to take effect Sunday at noon Damascus time, said the officials, who weren’t authorized to discuss the cease-fire publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.
https://apnews.com/eaa310ccb6e04e0580759d4ce36e778b
Unknown officials. Tsk tsk...
Ironic part is that this will be more accurate than officially cited sources, such is the current state of the clown world media.

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:54 pm

"..in south-west Syria". Meaning Trump came to the aid of those Syrians that the US allied with early on during the Syrian civil war? Those that used to be the FSA? This isn't the first ceasefire, of course. We'll see how long it lasts, I guess.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Yeah it's too vague to make much of but I think it's significant in light of the fact they hashed it out for over two hours. I'm assuming a more firm kind of agreement was reached as Bannon no doubt reminded him that "Trump's people" do not support foreign interventions. That's actually how Trump refers to his base in meetings as was reported recently. "My people." FeelsGoodMan.jpg

Anyway, going to monitor Syria threads over the weekend and see what /sg/ is thinking

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Well, the challenge is obviously to get the US-backed rebels on one hand, and Assad on the other, to also agree to a cease-fire. But given that Assad's hopeless without Russian backing and the non-Kurd-aligned Syrian rebels are hopeless without US backing, it means alot that Putin and Trump can agree on something.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Could this be the collusion we've all been waiting for? :whistle:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:41 pm

It's clearly shades of dark but I think they are running with "Trump got played by Putler xDDD" which is actually concerning because it means they are adopting right wing chess memes.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:49 pm

All I've been able to learn with any degree of certainty is that Trump is Putin's puppet and that there was no room for Melania at the inn.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:53 pm

*cock holster

Also, I heard something about that. Apparently all the hotels were "sold out" lol. King Salman reserved a whole hotel and didn't show though.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Assad's wife is a 10. Seriously. I hope she makes it out of this civil war ok. She should be played by Julia Roberts in the Assad movie.

Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:57 pm

heydaralon wrote:Assad's wife is a 10. Seriously.

Oh shit he was there?! Yeah she's Sunni too. I don't like sunnis but I would definitely give her the Alawite if you know what I mean.
Last edited by TheReal_ND on Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.