Why Family Values Are Economic Values

C-Mag

Re: Why Family Values Are Economic Values

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:48 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: I did bootstrap myself, but I can't deny the many advantages that I had. Namely, a solid upbringing, no kids (at the time), no major debts, no huge bills, no medical issues, and a government that (for whatever reason) saw fit to subsidize a mass of school loans for me.

Most people don't get that second chance in their 30s - they've got kids, houses, families, parents need help, whatever. I'm an exception because I didn't have those other obligations. It would have been damned near impossible, if I had a typical trailer-park background.

I see.................. You're specially gifted, you are magic, you are the Übermenschen.......................... but mere mortals of poverty don't dare even attempt to tread in your footsteps, for they will only fail.

:roll:
No, I had the spare time and the opportunity to do it. Many or most people do not.
The main difference I see in our two perspectives I believe in humans ability to overcome challenges and hardships.

You seem to believe it is only for a special few with the right talents and opportunities.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:A new homesteading act might help.

Stop letting millions of immigrants come here when we already don't have enough jobs for every worker.

There are some obvious solutions here..
a reverse migration back to the countryside is one of the best options I see on the horizon. people never left the countryside until industrialization needed them, and now that it doesn't need them anymore, the majority need to go back.
PBS took some folks and sent them back to 1880s Homesteading
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:20 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

I see.................. You're specially gifted, you are magic, you are the Übermenschen.......................... but mere mortals of poverty don't dare even attempt to tread in your footsteps, for they will only fail.

:roll:
No, I had the spare time and the opportunity to do it. Many or most people do not.
The main difference I see in our two perspectives I believe in humans ability to overcome challenges and hardships.

You seem to believe it is only for a special few with the right talents and opportunities.
As I see it, you're not giving these challenges their due weight. It is nearly impossible for me to go back to school now, with kids in the house. I simply don't have the time or energy to pursue it. And that's with a stable work schedule, and plenty of income. If you took those away, and added a shitty upbringing, and lack of family support, it would be completely unthinkable.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:31 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote: As I see it, you're not giving these challenges their due weight. It is nearly impossible for me to go back to school now, with kids in the house. I simply don't have the time or energy to pursue it. And that's with a stable work schedule, and plenty of income. If you took those away, and added a shitty upbringing, and lack of family support, it would be completely unthinkable.
Compared to what ?
Is the challenge of going back to school now with kids in the house more difficult than immigrant homesteaders carving out a home, farm and family on the American Frontier less challenging?

h/t Okee
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:35 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: As I see it, you're not giving these challenges their due weight. It is nearly impossible for me to go back to school now, with kids in the house. I simply don't have the time or energy to pursue it. And that's with a stable work schedule, and plenty of income. If you took those away, and added a shitty upbringing, and lack of family support, it would be completely unthinkable.
Compared to what ?
Is the challenge of going back to school now with kids in the house more difficult than immigrant homesteaders carving out a home, farm and family on the American Frontier less challenging?

h/t Okee
Non sequitor much?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:41 pm

And that's with a stable work schedule, and plenty of income
So you're comfortable. Yes, dear that is a poor motivator. If you make people comfortable in even bad conditions they won't change shit. You're making our point for us.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:46 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Compared to what ?

h/t Okee
Non sequitor much?

You clearly have a mental block if can't see both situations as human challenges.
If you somehow think your challenges are more difficult that being in a wild mostly unchartered land, with little to no communication, limited supplies and services, not speaking the language in the local hamlets and having to carve out a life................ your wrong.

But you are also wrong because humans did it just a century ago by the tens of thousands. Why in your mind are humans no longer capable of meeting the challenges they face ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:24 am

C-Mag wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:A new homesteading act might help.

Stop letting millions of immigrants come here when we already don't have enough jobs for every worker.

There are some obvious solutions here..
a reverse migration back to the countryside is one of the best options I see on the horizon. people never left the countryside until industrialization needed them, and now that it doesn't need them anymore, the majority need to go back.
PBS took some folks and sent them back to 1880s Homesteading
Those shows suck and are nothing more than reality tv for history nerds.

If you want to see some good historical reality shows, watch the ones britain put out.

Rather than laughing at pussy foot californians trying to run a farm, see what some historians can do when they really want to be there.

Also, this is current year. Folks running farms today have stuff like electricity and gasoline engines.

Lord Mr. Ford, how I wish that you could see what your simple horseless plow has become.

sorry if that was too much snark
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:17 am

Okeefenokee wrote: Those shows suck and are nothing more than reality tv for history nerds.

If you want to see some good historical reality shows, watch the ones britain put out.

Rather than laughing at pussy foot californians trying to run a farm, see what some historians can do when they really want to be there.

Also, this is current year. Folks running farms today have stuff like electricity and gasoline engines.

Lord Mr. Ford, how I wish that you could see what your simple horseless plow has become.

sorry if that was too much snark
No, snark on.......... My dad bought a Big Bud when I was about 14, that thing was awesome. They were a pretty cool story. Just a couple of guys who had lost their jobs and decided they could build a better tractor. Used available American made components like Cummings Engines, Fuller Transmissions and CAT differentials.

Oh, shit, sorry that was an example of dumb hayseeds overcoming diversity. Maybe they had a role with Sue Anne, drank beer and waved the flag.

There's some snark ;)
PLATA O PLOMO

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:23 am

i seem to have skipped over the sue anne post.

something something, you dumb ol hayseed
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751