Why Family Values Are Economic Values

MilSpecs

Re: Why Family Values Are Economic Values

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:i'm still laughing at that.

just imagine hipster millenials slogging around a west texas oilfield. so many amenities. :lol:

that ain't who's moving out to these boom-bust oil field towns.
All young people are hipsters? That said, not having to drive half an hour to get to the grocery store is an amenity.

I also don't believe I have to tell a bunch of young men that the burbs can be boring. Shall I start letting you all know when the best garden tours take place? :lol:
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:22 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
clubgop wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
"More Americans are moving to cities in the wake of the slight uptick in the economy in recent years, reversing the decades-long trend of settling in the suburbs. New Census Bureau data shows that the American city is experiencing something of a renaissance, driven primarily by migration into the center of the nation’s metropolitan areas. . . .

Most of the country’s fastest-growing metro areas are in the Midwest, and fueled by job opportunities in energy industries like mining, oil, and gas, according to the Census Bureau. Metro areas with highest growth rates include Odessa, Texas; Fargo, N.D./Minn.; and The Villages, Fla. "

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... us/359714/
Like I said not N.Y., not philly, not LA or Chicago, but Odessa TX and Fargo in North Da fucking kota. You got me, you totally got me. :lol: :roll:
You disputed that Americans were moving to the cities. They are clearly moving to the cities.
that blurb does not indicate that young people are moving to cities for the amenities and night life. it indicates that people are moving to where there are jobs in the energy sector. your source is being loose with its definition of metropolitan cities.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: I did bootstrap myself, but I can't deny the many advantages that I had. Namely, a solid upbringing, no kids (at the time), no major debts, no huge bills, no medical issues, and a government that (for whatever reason) saw fit to subsidize a mass of school loans for me.

Most people don't get that second chance in their 30s - they've got kids, houses, families, parents need help, whatever. I'm an exception because I didn't have those other obligations. It would have been damned near impossible, if I had a typical trailer-park background.

I see.................. You're specially gifted, you are magic, you are the Übermenschen.......................... but mere mortals of poverty don't dare even attempt to tread in your footsteps, for they will only fail.

:roll:
No, I had the spare time and the opportunity to do it. Many or most people do not.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:53 pm

If you're into shorter commutes, you need to come to LA.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:54 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
clubgop wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
"More Americans are moving to cities in the wake of the slight uptick in the economy in recent years, reversing the decades-long trend of settling in the suburbs. New Census Bureau data shows that the American city is experiencing something of a renaissance, driven primarily by migration into the center of the nation’s metropolitan areas. . . .

Most of the country’s fastest-growing metro areas are in the Midwest, and fueled by job opportunities in energy industries like mining, oil, and gas, according to the Census Bureau. Metro areas with highest growth rates include Odessa, Texas; Fargo, N.D./Minn.; and The Villages, Fla. "

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... us/359714/
Like I said not N.Y., not philly, not LA or Chicago, but Odessa TX and Fargo in North Da fucking kota. You got me, you totally got me. :lol: :roll:
You disputed that Americans were moving to the cities. They are clearly moving to the cities.
My contention was the Northeast dying your comback was The Villages, where a bunch if yuppies and old people with a lot of money move to. And Odessa, TX the 29th biggest city in the country...oh wait the 29th biggest city in TX! You are a goddamn riot.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:54 pm

doc_loliday wrote:If you're into shorter commutes, you need to come to LA.
Why do you hate people?

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 pm

It's a big city, the commutes are shorter.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:04 pm

hear they gotta whole mess o' short commutes out californi way.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:19 pm

I used to live there. The NYC driving attitude is not conducive with LA traffic.
:royalty-queen:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Sick fuck