Cut the Bull Shit. What would war with North Korea look like?

heydaralon

Re: Cut the Bull Shit. What would war with North Korea look like?

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:18 am

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Hamlin wasn't a bad guy, he was just seeing the big picture. You could tell he was as angry at Chuck as he was Jimmy for dragging the credibility of his firm into this stupid brotherly feud.
Hamlin is great too. Big Howard Hamlin fan, he is doing what's necessary, making the best business decision for himself and the firm, it wasn't personal until Chuck sued the firm, when he refused to accept he had mental issues. He likes Jimmy when he should like him, and hates on him when it's called for as well. Every recurring character on that show acts the way they do for a perfectly legitimate reason, at least in their own minds. The show is just so well written, and then they find the perfect actor to play the part, Vince Gilligan is a genius.
I am not a fan of Kim. She is incredibly boring to me. As boring as Skyler and Hank's wife. I hope they just kill her off tbh.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:27 am

heydaralon wrote:I am not a fan of Kim. She is incredibly boring to me. As boring as Skyler and Hank's wife. I hope they just kill her off tbh.
Well things aren't going to end well for her, given her absence in Breaking Bad, but I like Kim a whole lot more than Skyler or Marie. Kim's cool in my books, just because she's not a drug dealer or law enforcement doesn't mean she is boring, and again great casting by Gilligan an co. with that character.
/shrugs
*yip*

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:09 pm

BjornP wrote:Well, I sort of did, sort of didn't choose it, remember? You have no choice when it comes to serving, but you are allowed a choice when it comes to picking which branch of the military you want to go to. Two of my brothers had been artilleryman before that, so that factored into the equation, too. One made a career of it, but moved over to the telegraph troops. The year I was a conscript at the then "King's Artillery Regiment", it had the lowest number of volunteers in several years, there weren't many who were really enthustiatic about being artilleryman.

But still, alot could get pretty enthusiastic about things that made loud boom noises.. As we say here, simple minds, simple pleasures. :D
I sense mathematical skills in your family. Same with mine. Oldest brother went to coastal artillery, middle brother forward observer for army art and I was picked for the signal core after acing the morse test.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

ssu

Post by ssu » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Hastur wrote:I sense mathematical skills in your family. Same with mine. Oldest brother went to coastal artillery, middle brother forward observer for army art and I was picked for the signal core after acing the morse test.
Morse test to pick troops to the signal core? Must have been an old test still carried on.

Nowdays it's like if you are in or viewing to go to the IT sector, likely you will serve in the "signals" (there likely is a more proper english term used now). Nearly every reservist in those troops is IT professional. With conscription you can pick the cherries from the cake.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:43 pm

StCapps wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I am not a fan of Kim. She is incredibly boring to me. As boring as Skyler and Hank's wife. I hope they just kill her off tbh.
Well things aren't going to end well for her, given her absence in Breaking Bad, but I like Kim a whole lot more than Skyler or Marie. Kim's cool in my books, just because she's not a drug dealer or law enforcement doesn't mean she is boring, and again great casting by Gilligan an co. with that character.
/shrugs
What do you think will happen to Kim? Also, this is pure speculation, but what do you think Saul's post breaking bad Cinnabon fate will be?
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:48 pm

ssu wrote:
Hastur wrote:I sense mathematical skills in your family. Same with mine. Oldest brother went to coastal artillery, middle brother forward observer for army art and I was picked for the signal core after acing the morse test.
Morse test to pick troops to the signal core? Must have been an old test still carried on.

Nowdays it's like if you are in or viewing to go to the IT sector, likely you will serve in the "signals" (there likely is a more proper english term used now). Nearly every reservist in those troops is IT professional. With conscription you can pick the cherries from the cake.
no, you're right. we call it signal.

merging with intel right now.

SIG-INT is prolly gonna replace signal in common usage before long.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:07 am

In the Korean Peninsula kabuki-theater the US responds with B-1 fly-by. Notice that Japan participated also.
North Korean state media have sharply criticized a recent practice bombing run by two U.S. B-1B bombers on the Korean peninsula, calling it a dangerous move raising the risk of nuclear war.

A commentary Sunday in the ruling party's Rodong Sinmun newspaper accused the U.S. of "reckless military provocations" and said the danger of nuclear war is reaching an extreme pitch. The commentary was reported on in English by the state Korean Central News Agency.

Two U.S. Air Force bombers released inert weapons Friday on a training range in South Korea. South Korean F-15 and U.S. F-16 fighter jets joined them in the drill. The bombers also flew with Japanese F-2 fighter jets over the East China Sea on their way back to Andersen Air Force Base in Guam.

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:16 am

And not to make the wrong conclusions of this: all is normal in the Korean Peninsula. War is still unlikely.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 am

ssu wrote:And not to make the wrong conclusions of this: all is normal in the Korean Peninsula. War is still unlikely.
Technically, it's been at war for 60 years.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

ssu

Post by ssu » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:00 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
ssu wrote:And not to make the wrong conclusions of this: all is normal in the Korean Peninsula. War is still unlikely.
Technically, it's been at war for 60 years.
A long, long armstice. Might be technical war, but actually de facto isn't.

I think all the players have gotten used to the theatre role-play going on here with the perpetual shows of force and the occasional limited aggression... if otherwise the whole war threat feels too distant.