Okeefenokee

Re: By NJ standards Antifa is now a Domestic Twrrorist group

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:03 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Newcomer.

Lay down the firewater, Fauxcahontus.
I don't have any indigenous ancestry, but I raise you one Mayflower Compact signatory and a boatload of Quakers. Thou art in my house, heathen. :lol:
they probably ran off to merrymount.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:02 am

MilSpecs wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
MilSpecs wrote:
Newcomer.

Lay down the firewater, Fauxcahontus.
I don't have any indigenous ancestry, but I raise you one Mayflower Compact signatory and a boatload of Quakers. Thou art in my house, heathen. :lol:
I heard the Mayflower pilgrims turned cannibal. Vicious! :twisted:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:57 am

The US used to be a place where people wanted to be part of, to migrate to, to live the "American Dream", now it seems that it seems the liberals of the US especially are telling people that the US needs to adjust to the people coming over instead of the other way around.

I don't care about Mosques, or Mega Churches, etc as long as the people in them recognize themselves as Americans. The liberal demanding of the hyphenation of America has destroyed what once was a melting pot of America. We are now a quilt, or patchwork, and that isn't what America was meant to ever be.

First generation over would assimilate as best as possible, their children would be expected to be fully integrated, especially if they were born here.

Now we have their children (especially if they are born in the US) that they are Muslim-American, African-American, etc... Most of the people who say they are African-American probably couldn't pick out where Africa is on a map, and if they could, I doubt they would be able to even find the region their ancestors were born in...

If we go that route, I'm Greek-American, Mores-American, Sicilian-American, and Irish-American, as well as Native-American. Do people realize how asinine that really is? I was born in America, I am an American with an ancestors of multiple heritage which I celebrate, but I will not say ever that my ancestry is more important than where I was born.

Those that are born elsewhere, but only remember America, are Americans, but they have a right to hyphenate where they are from, and so do first generation legal immigrants. since they were originally from elsewhere, but decided to make their home in the US.

Can they keep their culture, sure... at home. Outside, don't demand we respect your culture when you came over here... in a lot of cases they came over to run away from where they lived because the culture they lived in made it impossible for them to live. So why should we accept a culture you are attempting to run away from?

I will respect your heritage, but if you expect me to respect the culture you are running away from, then perhaps you should head back home... because you were attempting to escape it.

Notice I didn't say religion? There is a reason, a person's religion is their own, as long as it doesn't affect/effect people around them... you don't force a religion on a person, or group of people. You want that, then head back to where you came from, for there is no place in the US, it's land, it's people, or constitution, that should ever tolerate that.

The original colonies were created because we wanted to get away from religious oppression, do you really think we should tolerate that again now?
#NotOneRedCent

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:46 pm

The Conservative wrote:The original colonies were created because we wanted to get away from religious oppression, do you really think we should tolerate that again now?
Only very tangentially related, but here are some interesting notes from Slatestarcodex's review of Albion's Seeds:
INTERESTING PURITAN FACTS:
1. Sir Harry Vane, who was “briefly governor of Massachusetts at the age of 24”, “was so rigorous in his Puritanism that he believed only the thrice-born to be truly saved”.
2. The great seal of the Massachusetts Bay Company “featured an Indian with arms beckoning, and five English words flowing from his mouth: ‘Come over and help us'”
3. Northern New Jersey was settled by Puritans who named their town after the “New Ark Of The Covenant” – modern Newark.
4. Massachusetts clergy were very powerful; Fischer records the story of a traveller asking a man “Are you the parson who serves here?” only to be corrected “I am, sir, the parson who rules here.”
5. The Puritans tried to import African slaves, but they all died of the cold.
6. In 1639, Massachusetts declared a “Day Of Humiliation” to condemn “novelties, oppression, atheism, excesse, superfluity, idleness, contempt of authority, and trouble in other parts to be remembered”
7. The average family size in Waltham, Massachusetts in the 1730s was 9.7 children.
8. Everyone was compelled by law to live in families. Town officials would search the town for single people and, if found, order them to join a family; if they refused, they were sent to jail.
9. 98% of adult Puritan men were married, compared to only 73% of adult Englishmen in general. Women were under special pressure to marry, and a Puritan proverb said that “women dying maids lead apes in Hell”.
10. 90% of Puritan names were taken from the Bible. Some Puritans took pride in their learning by giving their children obscure Biblical names they would expect nobody else to have heard of, like Mahershalalhasbaz. Others chose random Biblical terms that might not have technically been intended as names; “the son of Bostonian Samuel Pond was named Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin Pond”. Still others chose Biblical words completely at random and named their children things like Maybe or Notwithstanding.
11. Puritan parents traditionally would send children away to be raised with other families, and raise those families’ children in turn, in the hopes that the lack of familiarity would make the child behave better.
12. In 1692, 25% of women over age 45 in Essex County were accused of witchcraft.
13. Massachusetts passed the first law mandating universal public education, which was called The Old Deluder Law in honor of its preamble, which began “It being one chief project of that old deluder, Satan, to keep men from the knowledge of the scriptures…”
14. Massachusetts cuisine was based around “meat and vegetables submerged in plain water and boiled relentlessly without seasonings of any kind”.
15. Along with the famous scarlet A for adultery, Puritans could be forced to wear a B for blasphemy, C for counterfeiting, D for drunkenness, and so on.
16. Wasting time in Massachusetts was literally a criminal offense, listed in the law code, and several people were in fact prosecuted for it.
17. This wasn’t even the nadir of weird hard-to-enforce Massachusetts laws. Another law just said “If any man shall exceed the bounds of moderation, we shall punish him severely”.
Harriet Beecher Stowe wrote of Massachusetts Puritanism: “The underlying foundation of life in New England was one of profound, unutterable, and therefore unuttered mehalncholy, which regarded human existence itself as a ghastly risk, and, in the case of the vast majority of human beings, an inconceivable misfortune.” And indeed, everything was dour, strict, oppressive, and very religious. A typical Massachusetts week would begin in the church, which doubled as the town meeting hall. There were no decorations except a giant staring eye on the pulpit to remind churchgoers that God was watching them. Townspeople would stand up before their and declare their shame and misdeeds, sometimes being forced to literally crawl before the other worshippers begging for forgiveness. THen the minister would give two two-hour sermons back to back. The entire affair would take up to six hours, and the church was unheated (for some reason they stored all their gunpowder there, so no one was allowed to light a fire), and this was Massachusetts, and it was colder in those days than it is now, so that during winter some people would literally lose fingers to frostbite (Fischer: “It was a point of honor for the minister never to shorten a sermon merely because his audience was frozen”). Everyone would stand there with their guns (they were legally required to bring guns, in case Indians attacked during the sermon) and hear about how they were going to Hell, all while the giant staring eye looked at them.

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:27 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
they probably ran off to merrymount.
He died shortly after arrival. No fun for him.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:28 pm

The Conservative wrote:The original colonies were created because we wanted to get away from religious oppression, do you really think we should tolerate that again now?
that's a fairy tale, dude.

Roanoke and Jamestown were created to make money.

Then the Puritans got kicked out of England for starting trouble, and came to America, where they promptly got to work starting more trouble.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:

Then the Puritans got kicked out of England for starting trouble, and came to America, where they promptly got to work starting more trouble.
Amusing, but the question still stands... should we tolerate what this country was founded on?
#NotOneRedCent

MilSpecs

Post by MilSpecs » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:

Good summary. Historians think the "promptly got to work" part is why they succeeded and the lazy goats at Jamestown failed.
:royalty-queen:

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:53 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Amusing, but the question still stands... should we tolerate what this country was founded on?
Sure. Now let's spend ten pages arguing over what that is.

The first colonies were dudes and a few dudettes in severely austere environments, trying to make some money.

Seems like a good place to start a foundation.

First, you must work.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:58 pm

MilSpecs wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Good summary. Historians think the "promptly got to work" part is why they succeeded and the lazy goats at Jamestown failed.
Jamestown didn't completely fail. It lasted more than a century until folks moved away to the big city.

I'd like to see a comparison of hostilities faced from natives of each group.