Stuck in the Hospital - Grumpy Edition

The Conservative

Re: Stuck in the Hospital - Grumpy Edition

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:30 am

Kazmyr wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: We have that too, in the maternity ward. It's just weird that the rest of the hospital can only be accessed through a metal detector after 7.
Surprised it's only after 7.

Surgeon slain, gunman found dead in day of crisis at Brigham
Yeah, that was a CF, and my wife and I were there a few days before too.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:33 am

The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:Grats on the boys, time to get the tubes tied one way or another, too many babies leads to insanity :P
Already done. This is all the babies I could ever handle.
Oh, also the "nipple friendly" hospital, the reason for it is that latching onto a mother's breast is important, they want the baby to attempt that before giving the baby a bottle or rubber nipple.

You could have insisted if you didn't already to forgo that, but most hospitals don't care. Also on a side note, my son was rubber nipple and bottle only because he was born a month early, and he was in the NICU with wet lung. So, yeah...

Good you got one to them though, hospitals are that though, hospitals, they don't always think before they do though.
I made it pretty clear that I was annoyed. Our nurse gave us some pacifiers to use, but she seemed genuinely scared that she would get in trouble for it. I told her 'yep, those are the ones I bought at CVS'. :)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:01 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Already done. This is all the babies I could ever handle.
Oh, also the "nipple friendly" hospital, the reason for it is that latching onto a mother's breast is important, they want the baby to attempt that before giving the baby a bottle or rubber nipple.

You could have insisted if you didn't already to forgo that, but most hospitals don't care. Also on a side note, my son was rubber nipple and bottle only because he was born a month early, and he was in the NICU with wet lung. So, yeah...

Good you got one to them though, hospitals are that though, hospitals, they don't always think before they do though.
I made it pretty clear that I was annoyed. Our nurse gave us some pacifiers to use, but she seemed genuinely scared that she would get in trouble for it. I told her 'yep, those are the ones I bought at CVS'. :)
Hospitals have strict guidelines, you have to stand up for your rights, and trust me I did when my wife went in at 22 weeks originally. They told me I'd have to leave and couldn't stay there. I said my wife has a panic disorder, and if you want to have the baby come early, that is how you have the baby come early.

It went up to the DOD, and I told them that all I need is a cot, a pillow, and a blanket, I'll sleep in a side room or hallway if need be, but my wife needed to know I was there. They fought me tooth and nail, but I got my way.

The same way when she was in labor in the hospital, they kept on trying to push meds on her, she wanted all natural, I basically told the doctor, if I see another needle that my wife doesn't want I will personally throw the person and the syringe out the door bodily.

Needless to say we are still remembered because no one ever stood up to them like that :P Mind you I live in Mass, so yeah they know what is better than anyone else in theory (government thinks the same way here)

I was not a fan of how it was handled, but I'll tell you one thing, they were happy when we left... probably to get rid of me :P
#NotOneRedCent