Stuck in the Hospital - Grumpy Edition

Ex-California

Re: Stuck in the Hospital - Grumpy Edition

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:52 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:2 days in this hospital, and I'm ready to gas SJWs.

Apparently, the maternity ward is "baby friendly", which means that they really don't want you to use the nursery, but you can if you really need to. Fine whatever. Where the fuck is the "baby hostile" hospital?

Also, they are "breast friendly", which means they refuse to hand out pacifiers if you are breast feeding your kids. So you want me to get on the road at 2am and buy pacifiers from CVS when my twins are going apeshit, rather than just handing me one across the fucking desk? How does that help your patient or the kid?

At least have the decency to call yourself "sleep hostile".
Just in the 3 years between my first and the second the hospital changed. For the 1st one it seemed like he was in the nursery all the time while my wife was recovering from her C section, while the 2nd one we might have well just been at home.

I can't remember the pacifier thing though
Same. It's been 3 years since my first. We got a binkie immediately, and the nursery was encouraged. I also didn't have to pass a metal detector to get in.
Metal detector? Jesus

Thanks Obama
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:00 am

California wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote: Just in the 3 years between my first and the second the hospital changed. For the 1st one it seemed like he was in the nursery all the time while my wife was recovering from her C section, while the 2nd one we might have well just been at home.

I can't remember the pacifier thing though
Same. It's been 3 years since my first. We got a binkie immediately, and the nursery was encouraged. I also didn't have to pass a metal detector to get in.
Metal detector? Jesus

Thanks Obama
Not the maternity ward itself - they lock the front doors after 7, and I have to come in through the ER entrance. Which has a metal detector and security guards for some reason.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:10 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Not the maternity ward itself - they lock the front doors after 7, and I have to come in through the ER entrance. Which has a metal detector and security guards for some reason.
To prevent an attempted murder becoming a murder?

For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:05 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
To prevent an attempted murder becoming a murder?

Actually, infant kidnapping is a serious thing...
#NotOneRedCent

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:09 am

Grats on the boys, time to get the tubes tied one way or another, too many babies leads to insanity :P
#NotOneRedCent

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:15 am

The Conservative wrote:
Yup, when the little Kazlet was born, they Lo-Jack'ed her with an ankle bracelet and the wife and I both had wristbands that we needed to get into the maternity ward without stopping at the Nurse's station for ID, etc. If the baby went outside of the maternity ward without the nurses knowing/doing something, alarms would go off and the whole hospital would slam into lockdown.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:24 am

Kazmyr wrote:
The Conservative wrote:
Yup, when the little Kazlet was born, they Lo-Jack'ed her with an ankle bracelet and the wife and I both had wristbands that we needed to get into the maternity ward without stopping at the Nurse's station for ID, etc. If the baby went outside of the maternity ward without the nurses knowing/doing something, alarms would go off and the whole hospital would slam into lockdown.
We have that too, in the maternity ward. It's just weird that the rest of the hospital can only be accessed through a metal detector after 7.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:24 am

The Conservative wrote:Grats on the boys, time to get the tubes tied one way or another, too many babies leads to insanity :P
Already done. This is all the babies I could ever handle.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:28 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: We have that too, in the maternity ward. It's just weird that the rest of the hospital can only be accessed through a metal detector after 7.
Surprised it's only after 7.

Surgeon slain, gunman found dead in day of crisis at Brigham
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:29 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
The Conservative wrote:Grats on the boys, time to get the tubes tied one way or another, too many babies leads to insanity :P
Already done. This is all the babies I could ever handle.
Oh, also the "nipple friendly" hospital, the reason for it is that latching onto a mother's breast is important, they want the baby to attempt that before giving the baby a bottle or rubber nipple.

You could have insisted if you didn't already to forgo that, but most hospitals don't care. Also on a side note, my son was rubber nipple and bottle only because he was born a month early, and he was in the NICU with wet lung. So, yeah...

Good you got one to them though, hospitals are that though, hospitals, they don't always think before they do though.
#NotOneRedCent