Stuck in the Hospital - Grumpy Edition

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Stuck in the Hospital - Grumpy Edition

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 am

heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:It's 2 boys. :)

Looks like a false alarm, and we might be heading home in a few hours. Hospital food sucks.
The jello is really good. Have you tried their soup?
Went down to the cafeteria and tried the "breakfast bar", because that's the only damn hot food there. It consisted of some thin, greasy bacon, crusty biscuits and gravy, a single, sad hash brown, and empty tray of eggs.

This is at 10am in a busy hospital. Apparently they follow some sort of Byzantine schedule for dictated fresh food time. :evil:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:48 am

Wishing you the best whether it's today or later.
Nothing will move you further right on the political spectrum than being responsible for more lives.
:twisted:

Twins, man. Wow! Congrats!
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:00 am

DBTrek wrote:Wishing you the best whether it's today or later.
Nothing will move you further right on the political spectrum than being responsible for more lives.
:twisted:

Twins, man. Wow! Congrats!
I admit that having my first kid did move me to the right socially. I'm far less tolerant of snowflake shit than before.

I don't think that it's changed any of my other Left/Right views, except maybe a bit to the Left economically, and I was already pegged Left on environmental issues. Maybe this will change as we all age, maybe not.

And yeah. Twins is a daunting task. I'm still more confident going in than I was with the first kid, but this is going to be nuts for a few years.

Still, I know that I've passed my genes forward for many more generations, and the world will feel my influence. That's a pretty nice feeling, tbh. Looking forward to big family gatherings in the future, and lots of grandkids.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:04 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:It's 2 boys. :)

Looks like a false alarm, and we might be heading home in a few hours. Hospital food sucks.
Congrats.

Only advice I ever give is to get your kids on a regular schedule.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:08 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote: I was already pegged Left on environmental issues. Maybe this will change as we all age, maybe not.
What the!?!
Teddy Roosevelt, America's greatest conservationist, was a Republican. Being politically to the right doesn't signal indifference or hostility to environmental issues. I love the environment.

But no matter how much you love the environment, you're about to dump a lot of dirty diapers up in this place.
Thanks, jerk.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:12 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Good luck mate, l hope everything goes well. Let me know if you need an online Gaia father for Monte jnr and his brother.
Does that involve blood rituals? If so, I'm totally down with it.
It would involve bringing them to Stonehenge on the winter solstice and bathing them in the tears of a conservative voter who just realised the world has two more Liberals in it.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:12 am

DBTrek wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: I was already pegged Left on environmental issues. Maybe this will change as we all age, maybe not.
What the!?!
Teddy Roosevelt, America's greatest conservationist, was a Republican. Being politically to the right doesn't signal indifference or hostility to environmental issues. I love the environment.

But no matter how much you love the environment, you're about to dump a lot of dirty diapers up in this place.
Thanks, jerk.
It's unfortunate that the current "Right-Wing" party seems to take special pleasure in destroying resources for profit. There is no right-wing solution to the environment - it's a social problem that requires a social answer.

And omg, I heard the horror stories about cloth diapers. No thank you. You can just go ahead and pile my dirties right in the landfill and deal with it. I cannot imagine any other way.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:14 am

Montegriffo wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Montegriffo wrote:Good luck mate, l hope everything goes well. Let me know if you need an online Gaia father for Monte jnr and his brother.
Does that involve blood rituals? If so, I'm totally down with it.
It would involve bringing them to Stonehenge on the winter solstice and bathing them in the tears of a conservative voter who just realised the world has two more Liberals in it.
4 kids on a trans-Atlantic flight? Have you lost your mind??

No, that's a trip that I'll have to make in the twilight of life, I'm afraid. Sponsored by my loving grandchildren's inheritance, of course. :twisted:

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:34 am

Heyo twins! Congrats

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:09 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
What the!?!

Thanks, jerk.
It's unfortunate that the current "Right-Wing" party seems to take special pleasure in destroying resources for profit. There is no right-wing solution to the environment - it's a social problem that requires a social answer.

And omg, I heard the horror stories about cloth diapers. No thank you. You can just go ahead and pile my dirties right in the landfill and deal with it. I cannot imagine any other way.
Oh god yes. Reusable diaper people are about on the same level as antivaxxers and breastfeed-til-kindegarten crazies. Anyone who can deal with that much shit on a daily basis has a screw loose.

I can see the end of the tunnel with diapers as my daughter is fighting us on potty training right now. I have to go get snipped ASAP
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session