The Decline

Montegriffo

Re: The Decline

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:33 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
DBTrek wrote:
Penner wrote:Not really. It's just when someone actually does have an opposing opinion, they get shot down, named called, etc....
Dude, I've seen a "The Decline" thread on another forum, and let me assure you, IT IS the regulars and old timers. They're ALWAYS the reason some place was once cool, but now sucks ass. It's because they never let anyone express new ideas. Like some sort of deranged high school clique they all group together and protect their little bit of digital turf like it's the goddamn cafeteria steps at recess. Back when this place was cool we were having great conversations and Martin Hash even posted once in a while.

But now . . . it's just this turd burger of a forum full of old regulars that chased Martin and everyone with something interesting to say away. It's the old timers, man. They squatted this puppy like a dalmation at a fire hydrant and hosed it down with their piss stream of suckatude.
They fucked it all up.
There's more truth here than intended, despite the sarcasm.

Some of the quality posters who registered made a few posts then gave up.....
LVH
Paulo
Cid
Boethius
Ooky
Myrtok
Kath
Pettertb

Some of the posters who never even bothered to register
DrTrech
Harry K
Archillious
and many more I've forgotten
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:38 am

I thought I saw Archie for a post or two... maybe not.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:42 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:I thought I saw Archie for a post or two... maybe not.
Unfortunately not, I liked Archie's posts, clever and funny, he'd add class to this joint....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:57 am

The news cycle is stale right now. There is always decreased activity following an election and so much crazy shit was discussed for the last 20 months that going back to talking interest rate policy and anti-war shit is like returning from Nam to your suburban home.

Trump rightfully so in my opinion has taken up all the oxygen in the room because he represents something else taking place in society.

Speaking as a late Gen-Xer (78), I remember being at parties, blasting music like Biggie Smalls, OutKast, Cypress Hill, Method Man etc, from any point in HS through college, looking around at the people and wondering "how the fuck is this country going to survive. The level of ignorance and the absurdity of personalities was mind blowing. That said, I am totally impressed with the level of parenting I see in most families we associate with in the privileged class my family and I reside within.

Outside of that though, on the other side if the tracks where I came from, I know the monster that lurks there. In the trailer parks and ghettos are drug pumping fiends whom we can not allow to decide the fate of this country.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:16 am

I've been doing this a long time: people come-n-go, totally natural. The "Make Martin Famous" campaign has increased our roles by a dozen or so but they haven't posted yet. It takes a lot of ingredients to get an actual contributor, time being one of them. And Trump has sucked all the oxygen out of the room. You'll see familiar names return when the news gets big enough again.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:41 am

Martin Hash wrote:I've been doing this a long time: people come-n-go, totally natural. The "Make Martin Famous" campaign has increased our roles by a dozen or so but they haven't posted yet. It takes a lot of ingredients to get an actual contributor, time being one of them. And Trump has sucked all the oxygen out of the room. You'll see familiar names return when the news gets big enough again.
Kinda surprised you're the only one who picked up on me re-HASHing an old DCF thread. I thought the multiple ' :twisted: ' faces would give it away.That, and the fact that 30% of the active threads here are old retreads from DCF.

Apparently my humor is too subtle for the masses.
That, or you truly are the Wysest Myn yn thye Wyrld, or whatever that tagline is.
:lol:
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:44 am

DBTrek wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I've been doing this a long time: people come-n-go, totally natural. The "Make Martin Famous" campaign has increased our roles by a dozen or so but they haven't posted yet. It takes a lot of ingredients to get an actual contributor, time being one of them. And Trump has sucked all the oxygen out of the room. You'll see familiar names return when the news gets big enough again.
Kinda surprised you're the only one who picked up on me re-HASHing an old DCF thread. I thought the multiple ' :twisted: ' faces would give it away.That, and the fact that 30% of the active threads here are old retreads from DCF.

Apparently my humor is too subtle for the masses.
That, or you truly are the Wysest Myn yn thye Wyrld, or whatever that tagline is.
:lol:
Hastur got it too. Middle-aged White male posters are a little more literal than your average hipster (but they are a LOT wyser.)
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Viktorthepirate

Post by Viktorthepirate » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

I still think Dan got rid of the forum because Nuke Dog lol.

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Viktorthepirate wrote:I still think Dan got rid of the forum because Nuke Dog lol.
I also think this

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:18 pm

apeman wrote:
Viktorthepirate wrote:I still think Dan got rid of the forum because Nuke Dog lol.
I also think this
Very possible, but I think DeO's avatar was the final straw :lol:

That one with Carlin's face appearing slowly from the bottom.. i laughed so freakin' hard.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0