Wtf? I love Sam Harris now. Get in here skeptic community!

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Re: Wtf? I love Sam Harris now. Get in here skeptic community!

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I am very familiar with the argument that the only 'true' left is the social justice left. I read this forum after all.
I think calling the "social justice" left is a mistake.

The left is just social decay at its core.

A civilization that still maintains its moral compass is like a ship upon the sea. It knows where it's going and all is well. When it loses that moral compass, that direction and motive, it becomes like the lifeboat adrift in the sea: no hope, starving and vicious people, anarchy.
Call it what you like.

To expand on your analogy, it is possible that a terrible direction is at least as bad or worse than no direction at all. Moral certainty is easily as much of a cancer on human thought as total moral confusion if you ask me.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I am very familiar with the argument that the only 'true' left is the social justice left. I read this forum after all.

A civilization that still maintains its moral compass is like a ship upon the sea. It knows where it's going and all is well. When it loses that moral compass, that direction and motive, it becomes like the lifeboat adrift in the sea: no hope, starving and vicious people, anarchy.
Call it what you like.

To expand on your analogy, it is possible that a terrible direction is at least as bad or worse than no direction at all. Moral certainty is easily as much of a cancer on human thought as total moral confusion if you ask me.
No.

In this context, having no moral compass is what happens before things start to either disintegrate or the political order realigns into something more centralized and authoritarian (i.e. Roman republic to the Principate).

I suspect what you are imagining as the "wrong direction" is merely one of the two outcomes of this degeneracy and aimlessness we see today.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Call it what you like.

No.

In this context, having no moral compass is what happens before things start to either disintegrate or the political order realigns into something more centralized and authoritarian (i.e. Roman republic to the Principate).

I suspect what you are imagining as the "wrong direction" is merely one of the two outcomes of this degeneracy and aimlessness we see today.
What I am imagining is dedicating yourself to a direction regardless of the known icebergs, and then calling anyone who mentions the icebergs a degenerate.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Call it what you like.

No.

What I am imagining is dedicating yourself to a direction regardless of the known icebergs, and then calling anyone who mentions the icebergs a degenerate.

LOL, no.

I am calling the people throwing the moral compasses overboard degenerates.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:55 pm

No.

LOL, no.

Compass or no compass, being un-flexible in your direction can still get you busted up on an iceberg as surely as having no direction at all will ensure you run out of fresh water.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:01 pm

LOL, no.

Compass or no compass, being un-flexible in your direction can still get you busted up on an iceberg as surely as having no direction at all will ensure you run out of fresh water.

If you want to be the most flexible man in the United States of Sodom and Gomorrah, I can't stop you.

I would prefer to just disassemble this ship so we can build our own ships and go our separate ways so that I don't have to pay the price for your "flexibility".

Surely you see how this ends for you guys? You will import so many people from the nonwestern world, that you will be a minority in your own countries. Most of those people you imported will not share your values. They will persecute you (probably severely in places where the majority become Muslim). Your own children will join religions like Islam precisely because you bequeathed them nothing but hedonism and nihilism. Every human craves to have some direction in life, and some collective direction in society. You deprive even yourselves of it and your communities are dying for it.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:04 pm

LOL, no.

If you want to be the most flexible man in the United States of Sodom and Gomorrah, I can't stop you.

I would prefer to just disassemble this ship so we can build our own ships and go our separate ways so that I don't have to pay the price for your "flexibility".
You'll have a shitty ship built out of the busted up parts of the old ship, but hell, at least there won't be anyone around to disagree with you, or do any sinning.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:05 pm

You'll have a shitty ship built out of the busted up parts of the old ship, but hell, at least there won't be anyone around to disagree with you, or do any sinning.

Yep. No Muslims to sink the fucking thing either..

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:10 pm

You know what is going to make it easier to sink the ship? Making it smaller and shittier.
HAIL!

-Hwen

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:12 pm

You know what is going to make it easier to sink the ship? Making it smaller and shittier.
As opposed to making it larger and exponentially shittier? You are aware of the combat record of juggernauts right? They are a waste.