Wtf? I love Sam Harris now. Get in here skeptic community!

TheReal_ND

Wtf? I love Sam Harris now. Get in here skeptic community!

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:23 am

Transcript:

What is the fucking point of having more Muslims in your society?

It seems perfectly rational to say “We don’t want any more! We have enough,” right? And certainly, increasing the percentage is not a help to anyone who loves freedom of speech and any of the other liberal values that you and I just spoke about maximizing.

It’s not worth the trouble, and if we can figure out some way to keep the number of Muslims down in any society, whether we’re honest about this, or whether we do this covertly, clearly it’s rational to want to do this. And this is where someone like Robert Spencer would say “Amen,” I would presume. Can you speak to that despair?

Again, this is not an expression of xenophobia. This is the implication of statistics, and the fact that it’s only rational not to want to live in a world that looks more and more like Jerusalem at the height of the Intifada, right?

https://twitter.com/Sacha_Saeen/status/ ... 9526707200

Ex-California

Re: Wtf? I love Sam Harris now. Get in here skeptic community!

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm sure this will make retards like Ben Affleck have conniption fits
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:39 pm

California wrote:I'm sure this will make retards like Ben Affleck have conniption fits
And GCF, how it must feel when their gods turn on them. He won't betray "muh valoos" but Islam will shit on those values in a hearbeat and GCF won't do a thing to stop it.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:01 pm

The progressives get pretty angry when I say it in our little circle here. Imagine what this guy must be facing right now. He's right about Islam, though. It doesn't belong in our civilization at all.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Harris has been launching attacks on Islam from left positions for over a decade.

And, for about as long, has been trying to tell leftists that their confusion about the nature of Islam will only drive people into the arms of a truly xenophobic right.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:21 pm

I thought Sam Harris was pretty far right.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:28 pm

The social justice left has spent a lot of time and ink trying to make it seem that way.

A decade ago there was still a left based in reason though. It is easy to forget.

/sigh
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:33 pm

I wonder if you just have not yet reconciled with the truth of what the left is as a historical and social force. I see a lot of people running around with what seems to be the cognitive bias that the left is synonymous with caring and trying to make the world a better place. That's just not true and never was. Hash was partially right about one thing: a lot of people are driven by envy and rage. That's where the left comes from. People who still have that envy and rage find it difficult to realize that lots of other Americans don't share in it.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 pm

I am very familiar with the argument that the only 'true' left is the social justice left. I read this forum after all.
HAIL!

-Hwen

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I am very familiar with the argument that the only 'true' left is the social justice left. I read this forum after all.
I think calling it the "social justice" left is a mistake.

The left is just social decay at its core.

A civilization that still maintains its moral compass is like a ship upon the sea. It knows where it's going and all is well. When it loses that moral compass, that direction and motive, it becomes like the lifeboat adrift in the sea: no hope, starving and vicious people, anarchy. This is why the left, if unchecked, eats everything, including its own.

But then.. I think calling it "left" is a mistake too. There are lots of alternative to it. They aren't all "right".
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.