Russia helps Ralph Nader get elected in 2016

Hwen Hoshino

Russia helps Ralph Nader get elected in 2016

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:55 am

Are you upset? Do you think it's irrelevant since they did not buy voters and hacked machines?

Speaker to Animals

Re: Russia helps Ralph Nader get elected in 2016

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:56 am

Are you assumimg the Russian conspiracy theory is true?

I hate to break it to you (really, I love to do it): it's total fabricated nonsense.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:57 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Are you assumimg the Russian conspiracy theory is true?

I hate to break it to you (really, I love to do it): it's total fabricated nonsense.
Don't know don't care. No machines were hacked, no voters were bought.

kybkh

Post by kybkh » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:59 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/is- ... 78efd9830e

Is ‘Russiagate’ Collapsing As A Political Strategy?

The plan for Democrats to run against Russia may be falling apart.

After squandering much of the last six months on faulting Russians for the horrific presidency of Donald Trump...

After blaming America’s dire shortfalls of democracy on plutocrats in Russia more than on plutocrats in America...

After largely marketing the brand of their own party as more anti-Russian than pro-working-people...

After stampeding many Democratic Party-aligned organizations, pundits and activists into fixating more on Russia than on the thousand chronic cuts to democracy here at home...

After soaking up countless hours of TV airtime and vast quantities of ink and zillions of pixels to denounce Russia in place of offering progressive remedies to the deep economic worries of American voters...

Now, Democrats in Congress and other party leaders are starting to face an emerging reality: The “winning issue” of Russia is a losing issue.
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

BjornP

Post by BjornP » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:56 am

So, the only thing Nader gets is the gift of "Russian influence"? Well... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he loses, then.

Russia's influence during the US election was as "nefarious" as the influence they've had on the US public since they launched RT.com and Sputnik News and started outspending the US on propaganda. Not that they were the only ones.. Remember the rise in fake news during the election? That's a huge Romanian and Moldavian cottage industry. Russia simply wants to destabilize the US because they're the main geopolitical rival. They're not going to stop doing that because Trump got elected.
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:05 am

It's laughable, really.

Didn't we interfere in their elections to keep Yeltsin in power? What the fuck happened in Ukraine with our state department and intelligence services coordinating and funding a government coup?

Come on, guys. The democrats have this completely backwards. Our own government is the perpetrator of this type of shit. If they don't like a government, they fund revolutions and coups to topple it and put in dictatorships more amenable to Washington.

Our own government is the worst perpetrator of this in the world right now.

I mean.. I'm sitting here on the group W bench.. and these democrats, who just a few years ago funded and carried out a fascist coup in Ukraine to fuck with Russia, are telling me that we have to undo our own democratic process because the Russians "hacked the election".. :doh:

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

BjornP wrote:So, the only thing Nader gets is the gift of "Russian influence"? Well... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he loses, then.

Russia's influence during the US election was as "nefarious" as the influence they've had on the US public since they launched RT.com and Sputnik News and started outspending the US on propaganda. Not that they were the only ones.. Remember the rise in fake news during the election? That's a huge Romanian and Moldavian cottage industry. Russia simply wants to destabilize the US because they're the main geopolitical rival. They're not going to stop doing that because Trump got elected.
The US simply wanted to destabilize Iran in 1953 because they were our main geopolitical rival... Oh, wait no, oil. Well, maybe it was why we destabilized Nicaragua? Maybe Chile? How many other countries? Oh yeah, and Saddam was our friend against Iran, at least until he was our enemy. I'm sure the US never tried to destabilize Russia, ever, we don't do things like that, right?

All sides do it, and historically it's been happening since probably forever in terms of human civilization. We should probably drop the "holier than thou" attitude that the US is "so much better and more righteous".

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:28 pm

Chile was a rare diamond in the rough concerning our foreign mettling as far as I can tell. They could have ended up defacto commie.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:50 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Chile was a rare diamond in the rough concerning our foreign mettling as far as I can tell. They could have ended up defacto commie.
A podcast on the history of Pinochet would be pretty interesting.

How do the alt-right folks consider Catholic fascists like Pinochet or Franco?

TheReal_ND

Re: Russia helps Ralph Nader get elected in 201

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:57 pm

I've heard a few podcasters discuss both of them. Lots of interesting stuff there. Hang on let me see. I know the the beyond the wall guys talk about both of them.