Just go vote

Smitty-48

Re: Europe, the not boring thread

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:08 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:51 pm
Just go vote
Voting is pointless, voting doesn't change anything,

All voting does is maintain the status quo instead of having a revolution.

I'd rather see the West roiled by revolution at this point, that would be actual change.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 pm

Trotsky and Stalin both died billionaires. It's just a big game.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:15 pm
Trotsky and Stalin both died billionaires. It's just a big game.
I don't think Stalin operated in terms of money in his pocket, he just sponged off the state services directly.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:30 pm

We must all accept responsibility. We built this world upon a lack of satisfaction. The dams will burst at some point but no one will ask the question why. And no one will find the answer because we have traveled too far upon this path. The reason is too long forgotten. We have sunk too low. The cancer is terminal. The end of the road is near.

Jesus never contested Satan's dominion of this world. Now he is free. The time for destruction is at hand. Too late we reap the consequences of our own sin. The end of the path is nigh. We were warned.

For the world of man is one of envy and despair. The Earth is hell. And we have made it so. And now our journey is over. And hell is the home of the devil. The devil is weak yet strong in his weakness. The devil breeds death, the death of the soul. The devil sustains whomever will maintain his corruption which is his lifeblood. The devil cries peace when he means war. The devil is full of so called "good intentions" but behind him is a trail of despair and suffering.

But humanity is mean and corrupt. Yet cunning in the confines of it's own ignorance. Humanity brings death and the end to the mindless conflicts which it has sustained within itself. Corruption is the way of the devil.

Humanity is brimfull of promises. Humanity is afraid, for it is steeped in evil. For in all things shall we know by their fruits.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:34 pm

Nah, I'm Generation X, we've never been in charge, I don't give a fuck about the grand scheme of things.

Let it burn, I don't have that much of my youth left, so I'm just going to enjoy myself.

I'm here for a good time not a long time, I could care less what happens to the West.

It's an artificial construct anyways, the Western Roman Empire was gone long time ago.

The British Empire wasn't even in the West, it was in the East.

What's to fear ? There's nothing to fear, everybody gotta die sometime,

Might as well just party, same as it ever was, let the Millennials freak out about it if they want to.

Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:40 pm

Is it enough to say "I am not one of you"

If the world were to blow itslef up do you retreat to some desert island? Is not the island connected to the sea as solidly as human predicaments are attached to humanity like the links of the sea bed?

If you must break the links bring them to the surface. Know them. Understand them. Imagine you severed all contact with the main land, or man's destruction as a race. For at that time all superficial distinctions will vanish.

Humanity's death will be our doom. There isn't much time. Very soon, even the blindest of us all will be deafened by the sound of our own doom approaching. We will see our own fear reflected back at us.

There is a new beginning? Are we of the end or the begining?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:45 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:40 pm

There is a new beginning? Are we of the end or the begining?
Think of it this way;

If you go back a couple hundred years to the Americans of yore ?

They lived by themselves. They didn't live in some big international world.

They lived on little homesteads in the middle of nowhere, tiny little communities, no big picture,

They literally lived in vans down by the river, paid no attention to what was going on ten thousand miles away

If you're going to be conservative and traditional American, just be a rugged individual on the frontier

Big sweep of history fate of the Western World ? Americans didn't care, weren't interested in any of that.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 pm

Death is as much a part of us as life. How we see death, our death, is crucial to how we see life. If we believe there is nothing after life then we must see death as an escape or the ultimate futility. But the truth is we all see ourselves as immortal. We all fear death. We feel uncomfortable in the presence of the dying. Death is often a tragedy even though it may be a blessing for the one who is dying. Death is the enemy that overtakes us. We fear death like a young child that goes into dark. The fear of arriving at death with feelings of a life misused... death is our constant companion.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:55 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:49 pm
Death is as much a part of us as life. How we see death, our death, is crucial to how we see life. If we believe there is nothing after life then we must see death as an escape or the ultimate futility. But the truth is we all see ourselves as immortal. We all fear death. We feel uncomfortable in the presence of the dying. Death is often a tragedy even though it may be a blessing for the one who is dying. Death is the enemy that overtakes us. We fear death like a young child that goes into dark. The fear of arriving at death with feelings of a life misused... death is our constant companion.
It changed for me when I watched my father die. Someone I was so close to, a proxy of me.

It was so quick and actually peaceful. It was so benign, it wasn't wrenching like I was expecting

It was traumatic for me, because I was losing my friend, but it wasn't that traumatic for him.

It's over quick, it's like going under for surgery except you don't wake up, it wasn't that scary after all.
Nec Aspera Terrent