Europe, the not boring thread

BjornP

Re: Europe, the not boring thread

Post by BjornP » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 am

Okeefenokee wrote:

bye
On the plus side, it does show that British police are willing and capable of enforcing British law on foreigners. ;)
Fame is not flattery. Respect is not agreement.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:16 am

What is Mexican for "bye Europe?"
I guess we're going to have to learn Spanish to speak to Yanks in future.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:24 am

Adíos Gringos

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:27 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Adíos Gringos
¡y bienvenido tercer mundo!

It's gonna be great, guys. Do it for the food variety.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:29 am

The mother of a teenager killed in a hit-and-run road crash has made an emotional appeal for a US diplomat's wife linked to the accident to return to the UK, as American officials warned "immunity is rarely waived".

Harry Dunn, 19, of Charlton, Banbury, died after his motorbike collided with a car close to RAF Croughton, Northamptonshire, on August 27.

Northamptonshire Police confirmed a 42-year-old American woman who was being treated as a suspect in their investigation has left the country.

Mr Dunn's family have urged her to return to the UK as British authorities who asked for her immunity to be removed had their appeals rejected.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/h ... 55121.html
Killed a motorcyclist by driving on the wrong side of the road, promised not to leave the country then skipped using diplomatic immunity to escape justice.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:59 am

driving on the wrong side of the road
Case closed. Bongs drive on the wrong side of the road.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:29 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:29 am
The mother of a teenager killed in a hit-and-run road crash has made an emotional appeal for a US diplomat's wife linked to the accident to return to the UK, as American officials warned "immunity is rarely waived".

Harry Dunn, 19, of Charlton, Banbury, died after his motorbike collided with a car close to RAF Croughton, Northamptonshire, on August 27.

Northamptonshire Police confirmed a 42-year-old American woman who was being treated as a suspect in their investigation has left the country.

Mr Dunn's family have urged her to return to the UK as British authorities who asked for her immunity to be removed had their appeals rejected.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/h ... 55121.html
Killed a motorcyclist by driving on the wrong side of the road, promised not to leave the country then skipped using diplomatic immunity to escape justice.
It was "only" a young man, I don't see the problem. Modern gynocentric society doesn't care about "toxic" young men, and especially not young white men. No reason for her to return. :snooty:

Just turn him into Soylent Green, it'll help fight climate change.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:36 am

CULTURALLY ENRICHED

Build more bollards tho seriously wtf

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:40 am

The EU has a fantastic opportunity to demonstrate they are world leaders.

They should put together a peacekeeping force and deploy it to Syria.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:58 am

This diplomatic immunity row is hotting up. Boris is on the case now.
The prime minister has urged the US to reconsider giving a diplomat's wife immunity after she left the UK despite being a suspect in a fatal crash.

Anne Sacoolas is wanted by police over the death of motorcyclist Harry Dunn, 19, in Northamptonshire on 27 August.

The US State Department said diplomatic immunity was "rarely waived".

Boris Johnson said the UK would speak to the US ambassador and "if we can't resolve it then... I will be raising it myself with the White House".

UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab, who has already urged the US Embassy to reconsider, raised Mr Dunn's case in a conversation with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said Mr Raab "reiterated his disappointment with the US decision and urged them to reconsider".

Under the 1961 Vienna Convention, diplomats and their family members are immune from prosecution in their host country, as long as they are not nationals of that country. However, their immunity can be waived by the state that has sent them.

Ms Sacoolas left the UK despite telling police she had no such plans. Speaking during a visit to a hospital in Watford, Mr Johnson said: "I think everybody's sympathies are very much with the family of Harry Dunn and our condolences to them for their tragic loss.

"I must answer you directly, I do not think that it can be right to use the process of diplomatic immunity for this type of purpose.

"And I hope that Anne Sacoolas will come back and will engage properly with the processes of law as they are carried out in this country.

"That's a point that we've raised or are raising today with the American ambassador here in the UK and I hope it will be resolved very shortly.

"And to anticipate a question you might want to raise, if we can't resolve it then of course I will be raising it myself personally with the White House." Both Northamptonshire's chief constable and police and crime commissioner have already urged the Americans to waive Ms Sacoolas's diplomatic immunity.

Mr Dunn died in hospital shortly after his Kawasaki motorcycle was involved in a crash with a Volvo XC90 at about 20:30 BST near the RAF base at Croughton.

Chief constable Nick Adderley said based on CCTV evidence, officers knew that on the night of the crash a vehicle had left the base "on the wrong side of the road".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-n ... e-49961679