Meanwhile in America

TheReal_ND

Re: Meanwhile in America

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:45 pm

DBTrek wrote:Tragedy.

Probably because we don't teach our citizens anything about firearms:
County Attorney James Brue described the book as a hardcover encyclopaedia, and said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.
Anyone who understands what a .50 cal round is, knows damn well you're not going to stop it with a book.
Jeez.
We'd wrap out M113's in books if that worked.
As is, a .50 cal can tear right through on of them.

I'm surprised the mad max tank builders in Iraq haven't at least tried this.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm

County Attorney James Brue described the book as a hardcover encyclopaedia, and said the weapon used was a .50-calibre Desert Eagle handgun.
Anyone who understands what a .50 cal round is, knows damn well you're not going to stop it with a book.
Jeez.
Sounds like natural selection to me then. Gene pool improved....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:54 pm

That's where you're wrong. She's still pregnant. Gene pool slightly culled I guess.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:12 pm

A prominent activist has called the NRA’s new ad “an open call to violence to protect white supremacy,” and the organizers of the Women’s March have demanded that the NRA apologize for it.

But is it anti-Semitic?
http://forward.com/fast-forward/375964/ ... i-semitic/

EVERYTHING I DONT LIKE IS LITERALLY ANOTHER SHOAH

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:16 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:That's where you're wrong. She's still pregnant. Gene pool slightly culled I guess.

Was the fathers bright idea to use a book as a bulletrproof vest, maybe the kid will use books to become smarter than his dad....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:17 pm

I can't help but think of how chagrined he's going to be once he learns about the reason why he never met his father.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:22 pm

Yeah that's going to be a tricky day for mum.
Maybe tragedy after all.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:01 pm

His mom will be in prison.

It sounds a bit like Jodie Arias bullshit, honestly.

"It was just a YouTube prank gone wrong!"

If the man was the shooter saying that, would you believe him so easily?

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:21 pm

Jeez.

Desert Eagle .50 loads the .50 Action Express, that's only 12.7x33mm, .50 BMG is 12.7x99mm, just sayun, not the same cartridge, to say the least, .50 AE is half the bullet moving at half the velocity. Basically a boutique caliber, but aerodyamics and penetration is prolly not its strong suit, more of a massive wound channel inflictor, could a thick hardcover book stop it? Could certainly dissipate a lot of it, my buddy used to shoot .45 ACP indoors in his basement, using a wet phone book as a backstop, and that pretty much stopped them cold. Was the greater Toronto phone book mind you, I wouldn't try that with a small town phone book of course.

The step up from .45 ACP (11.4x23mm) to .50 AE (12.7x33mm), it's not insignificant, but it's nothing like the step up to .50 BMG (12.7x99mm), that's apples to oranges, pistol rounds to heavy machine gun rounds.

Now, a .50 BMG could prolly shoot through about 30 phone books, but after the first couple it would be considerably dissipated already, and would also cause the round to divert from axis and begin to tumble, so if you did wrap your M113 in phone books, it would make a difference when the round struck the base armour, could be the difference between penetration or not, or at least even if penetrating, could significantly reduce ricochet and make it a spall liner and stopped situation instead.
Nec Aspera Terrent

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:

Jeez.

Desert Eagle .50 loads the .50 Action Express, that's only 12.7x33mm, .50 BMG is 12.7x99mm, just sayun, not the same cartridge, to say the least, .50 AE is half the bullet moving at half the velocity. Basically a boutique caliber, but aerodyamics and penetration is prolly not its strong suit, more of a massive wound channel inflictor, could a thick hardcover book stop it? Could certainly dissipate a lot of it, my buddy used to shoot .45 ACP indoors in his basement, using a wet phone book as a backstop, and that pretty much stopped them cold. Was the greater Toronto phone book mind you, I wouldn't try that with a small town phone book of course.
The single gunshot was fired from about one foot (30cm) away as neighbours gathered to watch outside their Minnesota home.
Not from a fucking foot away! God damn and they had an audience. :doh: