Meanwhile in America

Fife

Re: Meanwhile in America

Post by Fife » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:28 am

Fife wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:17 am
Degenerate yankee atheists are having a bad day.

https://www.thestreet.com/lifestyle/mcd ... a-15015003

U.S. franchisees are getting tired of playing chicken with Chick-fil-A.

A group representing national franchisee owners of McDonald's restaurants on Wednesday balked at their parent company for not offering a chicken sandwich that fairly competes with southern rival Chick-fil-A.

"A Chicken Sandwich at McDonald's should be our top priority," the National Owners Association board said in an email addressed to fellow operators. "JFK called for a man on the moon; our call should be a category leading chicken sandwich."

:lol:
McDonald's is working the problem, fam. These kiosks don't charge $15 per hour to play on their phones and sneeze on the french fries, but their sense of humor takes some managing.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 pm

McDonald's quality has gone up a bit IMHO. I absolutely love the kiosks but the implementation of them isn't uniform enough for me. Sometimes they don't take the order to your table and bring you condiments. At any rate I wish they had a cup dispenser because I feel like a dick going to the cashier and asking for the cup I just purchased from the kiosk ten feet in front of him.

A fully automated McDonald's is going to rule. Fuck the chicken sandwiches. I want robots to make my food and deliver it to me. I don't want to look at the greasy fuck faced fry basket operator when I'm ordering my fucking fast food.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:18 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 pm
McDonald's quality has gone up a bit IMHO. I absolutely love the kiosks but the implementation of them isn't uniform enough for me. Sometimes they don't take the order to your table and bring you condiments. At any rate I wish they had a cup dispenser because I feel like a dick going to the cashier and asking for the cup I just purchased from the kiosk ten feet in front of him.

A fully automated McDonald's is going to rule. Fuck the chicken sandwiches. I want robots to make my food and deliver it to me. I don't want to look at the greasy fuck faced fry basket operator when I'm ordering my fucking fast food.
You do realize doing this destroys the job market for kids just starting off in the world?
#NotOneRedCent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Good.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:22 pm

Come on, show some empathy. Where would TC be now without his degree from McDonalds' university?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:31 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:22 pm
Come on, show some empathy. Where would TC be now without his degree from McDonalds' university?
I never worked for Mc Shitters... I worked for a small time family owned restaurant, since mom & pop restaurant are far and few in-between today, I am not going to deny kids the ability to learn some edict.

I started off as a dishwasher, worked my way through busboy, then food prepper, then worked my way up through working on the frier, then the grill, then helped run the kitchen. The options to do that today are more rare than ever.

People wonder why kids do what they do, it's because of shit like the automated stuff taking over. If anything they should be taking over call centers in India, they are about as effective...
#NotOneRedCent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:49 pm

The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:31 pm
Montegriffo wrote:
I never worked for Mc Shitters... I worked for a small time family owned restaurant, since mom & pop restaurant are far and few in-between today, I am not going to deny kids the ability to learn some edict.

I started off as a dishwasher, worked my way through busboy, then food prepper, then worked my way up through working on the frier, then the grill, then helped run the kitchen. The options to do that today are more rare than ever.

People wonder why kids do what they do, it's because of shit like the automated stuff taking over. If anything they should be taking over call centers in India, they are about as effective...
I was just pulling your leg.
I agree, there are going to be fewer and fewer menial jobs to get kids started on the career ladder.
I started in the cellars of a hotel sorting the empty bottles into the correct crates to be picked up for re-use. So long ago that bottles had returnable deposits on them.

I don't think a machine will be able to be a full chef until after long I'm retired though.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
It's called burger college

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm

I bet the fine dining movement will be doing awesome dishes with 3d printers soon though.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:53 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:49 pm
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:31 pm
Montegriffo wrote:

I was just pulling your leg.
I agree, there are going to be fewer and fewer menial jobs to get kids started on the career ladder.
I started in the cellars of a hotel sorting the empty bottles into the correct crates to be picked up for re-use. So long ago that bottles had returnable deposits on them.

I don't think a machine will be able to be a full chef until after long I'm retired though.
There will be a demand for chefs regardless how automated cooking gets.
The Conservative wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:18 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 pm

You do realize doing this destroys the job market for kids just starting off in the world?
IDGAF. They are a bunch of fucking beaners anyway.