Re: TRUCKING #58 VANEROO BOOGALOO

Post by Ph64 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Image
:lol:

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:06 am

What he actually said.....
“Part and parcel of living in a great global city is you’ve got to be prepared for these things, you’ve got to be vigilant, you’ve got to support the police doing an incredibly hard job. We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives.”
So you think people living in big cities should not be prepared?
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:40 am

"We must never accept terrorists being successful, we must never accept that terrorists can destroy our life or destroy the way we lead our lives."
I think you could just shorten that to "we should never accept terrorists"? I mean, "successful" or not, why risk it?

jbird4049

Post by jbird4049 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
The security forces will endeavor to allow you to continue to float along through life in your manifest state of permanent adolescence, all they ask is that you obey their instructions prompty and exactly, in the event of an incident requiring a tactical response. Thanking you in advance, for your cooperation.
What concerns me here is the massive use of those security forces which very often have little effective use in keeping us safe, but have very effective use in controlling us, or at least very easily could. Obey the kindly dress in black "law enforcement" officer, or else.

I am not saying that these security forces are actively suppressing civil society at this moment,, as well as the general population, but I am saying it would be very easy, and very likely, for that to happen.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:24 pm

:lol:

These lefties have no idea of the potential for mass violence in all this. I suspect London is a lot closer to it than most of you imagine.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:25 pm

jbird4049 wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
The security forces will endeavor to allow you to continue to float along through life in your manifest state of permanent adolescence, all they ask is that you obey their instructions prompty and exactly, in the event of an incident requiring a tactical response. Thanking you in advance, for your cooperation.
What concerns me here is the massive use of those security forces which very often have little effective use in keeping us safe, but have very effective use in controlling us, or at least very easily could. Obey the kindly dress in black "law enforcement" officer, or else.

I am not saying that these security forces are actively suppressing civil society at this moment,, as well as the general population, but I am saying it would be very easy, and very likely, for that to happen.
Well, here in Canader, we don't have many terrorist attacks, but when we do have them, the troops are on the streets, and they don't bother us, we're not afraid of our own troops, Canadians love their troops. If it was foreign troops, OK, we'd go ballistic, but Canadian troops, we have no problem with.

There's plenty lefty wefty bleeding hearts here, make no mistake, but when you're talking paramilitary threat, terrorist attack, even they want the troops out to stand on guard for we, that's what we pay them for.

If you're talking a major city, the police do not have enough boots on the ground to cover the bases, they don't do security, they do enforcement, when there is a threat above their means, they need troops to back them up, just for their own security, since they are in the line of fire, they are lightly armed, they don't have heavy armor, they don't have enough vehicles, they don't have enough helcopters, they don't have combat medivac, no CBRN capability, and most of all, they just can't spare people to do guard duty, regular policing doesn't stop in the meantime, that's got to continue as well.

So if the threat is paramilitary, they are outgunned and overmatched and overtasked, from the get go. Defense of the realm, includes aid to the civil power, and rightly so, the troops don't deploy themselves, the civil power must request it, it's not a coup de tat, you hysterical nitwit.

Like, forget you, you can hide under your bed, but I'm not sending our coppers out against the Islamic State just back from Syria or what have you, with only a glock a radio and a squad car, I'm backing them up with the troops, and if people like you can't stomache it, stay out of Cananda then.

Our ultimate counterterrorism unit is the military, CANSOFCOM is on stand-by, 24-7-365, Imediate Reaction Task Force, but you know, it's Justin Trdueau's call, and he's a Lefty Wefty, he's a substitute drama teacher for pete's sake, but quite sure he wouldn't mess about, would be political suicide if he did, and then the shit hit the fan after.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote::lol:

These lefties have no idea of the potential for mass violence in all this. I suspect London is a lot closer to it than most of you imagine.
Paranoid hyperbole, back under your bed you'll be safe there.....
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Wouldn't take mass violence here, if/when we get hit with an attack like the Brits, an organized team of IS, vehicle attack followed by mass casualty suicide rampage? That would be enough right there, for the whole Candian military to mobilize, if it's an isolated thing, like just one nutter, probably not, but actual IS, actual organized paramilitary attack, plausibly more to follow? Would be a heck of lot more than 2500 troops standing-to here, more like 25000.

We had fifty Mohawks block a bridge into Montreal once, didn't actually kill anybody at all, that was 5000 troops just for that right there, mechanized to boot. Did we kill them? No, we kept our powder dry, but still, just because there was 5000 of us, there was nowhere for it to go, so many boots on the ground, that we were in total control of the situation, and that right there, gave us the time and space to just wait them out. Every base covered, no wriggle room to go sideways wahtsoever, safer for us, and ultimately, safer for them.

What's the utility in leaving wriggle room for things to go sideways? Doesn't take much, the cops found out the hard way, when they got in over their heads; the whole reason we were called in at all, was because they went at it half assed with too few boots, and plenty of wriggle room for it to slide out of their control.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:25 pm

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote::lol:

Paranoid hyperbole, back under your bed you'll be safe there.....

You're being a ridiculous person burying his head in the sand. This is extremely possible right now.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:31 pm