TRUCKING #58 VANEROO BOOGALOO

TheReal_ND

Re: TRUCKING #58 VANEROO BOOGALOO

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:03 pm

welcome to London. The Muslims run the joint

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:05 pm

I'm not opposed to martial law, Canadians are not opposed to martial law, we've done it before we'd do it again, if you've got a wide spread persistent paramilitary threat, it's entirely appropriate, but even the Liberals here, don't not try to have it both ways, they just do it, as Pierre Trudeau said; "just watch me", but, he needed to invoke the War Measures Act, it can only be invoked for six months at a time before it needs to be reviewed by Parliament, and when you have go so far as to invoke the War Measures Act, of course you put the troops in the streets, just get on with it Theresa May, pull your finger out, you facking git.

You think Liberal icon Trudeau suffered for saying "just watch me" and putting the troops in? No, you facking dingbat, he was more popular than ever and as result went on to rule for another 14 years.

You're the facking Tories fer cryin' out loud, putting the troops in the streets, is good politics, you could save your government from Corbyn if you only had the iron, lady.
Last edited by Smitty-48 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 pm

I've been reading about Corbyn. He seems like a massive stool sample of a leader. The guy wants to get rid of Britains nukes. To what end? Russia isn't giving up nukes, nor is the US, France, or China. I can get on board with some of his non-intervention foreign policy stuff, but he seems like a pie in the sky dipshit. I guess he wants the British government to take control of the "commanding heights" again and re-nationalize a bunch of industries too.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Corbyn bows to no man. Or queen
Today’s Queen’s Speech was a threadbare legislative programme from a government that has no majority, no mandate and no plan. #QueensSpeech

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:27 pm

heydaralon wrote:I've been reading about Corbyn. He seems like a massive stool sample of a leader. The guy wants to get rid of Britains nukes. To what end? Russia isn't giving up nukes, nor is the US, France, or China. I can get on board with some of his non-intervention foreign policy stuff, but he seems like a pie in the sky dipshit.
Well, I would actually get rid of Trident if I was British PM, it's superflous, because it is a joint deterrent with the Americans, but the American deterrent is already capable of overkill, Britain only requires tactical to theatre level nuclear weapons, I would ditch Trident SSBN's and simply arm the multirole SSN's with nuclear Tomahawk. Basically just the Isreali model on steroids, for British purposes, Trident is not only unaffordable, it's actually obsolete. If you want to build more submarines just to keep the yards open, build more SSGN's, you get four for one and they are multirole, so can be used for all types of operations, that's what the Russians are actually doing, with the Severodvinsk class.

Instead of having 4 collossaly expensive SSBN's, with only one on patrol at any given time, which makes no difference to the Americans nor the Russians, they could have 16 SSGN's, which could operate as SSN's against the Russian threat, while also maintianing a nuclear deterent, since the theatre deterent is sufficient, because unlike the Americans, the British are in the threatre. More actually detering to the Russians, more actually useful to the Americans too, and more usefull to the UK when a nuclear war is not at hand, and they just want to launch some conventional TLAM's.

The British think they need SSBN's to deter the Rusisans and CV's to defend the Falklands? Nonsense, with 16 SSGN's, the Russians are suitably chastened, and they could also be used to sink any Argentine fleet, blockade the Falklands, and destroy the Argentine air force ashore, while the RAF simply airlifted the troops in, 16 Air Assault Brigade drops into Goose Green-Darwin, secures the DZ, marches on Mt. Pleasant, retakes the airfield, game over Argentina.

In 1982, there was no readily assaultable airfield on the Falklands, the RN didn't have Tomahawk, and the RAF didn't have C-17 Globemaster III and Airbus A400 Atlas, but now in 2017; problem solved.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:I've been reading about Corbyn. He seems like a massive stool sample of a leader. The guy wants to get rid of Britains nukes. To what end? Russia isn't giving up nukes, nor is the US, France, or China. I can get on board with some of his non-intervention foreign policy stuff, but he seems like a pie in the sky dipshit.
Well, I would actually get rid of Trident if I was British PM, it's superflous, because it is a joint deterrent with the Americans, but the American deterrent is already capable of overkill, Britain only requires tactical to theatre level nuclear weapons, I would ditch Trident SSBN's and simply arm the multirole SSN's with nuclear Tomahawk. Basically just the Isreali model on steroids, for British purposes, Trident is not only unaffordable, it's actually obsolete. If you want to build more submarines just to keep the yards open, build more SSGN's, you get four for one and they are multirole, so can be used for all types of operations, that's what the Russians are actually doing, with the Severodvinsk class.

Instead of having 4 collossaly expensive SSBN's, with only one on patrol at any given time, which makes no difference to the Americans nor the Russians, they could have 16 SSGN's, which could operate as SSN's against the Russian threat, while also maintianing a nuclear deterent, since the theatre deterent is sufficient, because unlike the Americans, the British are in the threatre. More actually detering to the Russians, more actually useful to the Americans too, and more usefull to the UK when a nuclear war is not at hand, and they just want to launch some conventional TLAM's.

The British think they need SSBN's to deter the Rusisans and CV's to defend the Falklands? Nonsense, with 16 SSGN's, the Russians are suitably chastened, and they could also be used to sink any Argentine fleet, blockade the Falklands, and destroy the Argentine air force ashore, while the RAF simply airlifted the troops in, 16 Air Assault Brigade drops into Goose Green-Darwin, secures the DZ, marches on Mt. Pleasant, retakes the airfield, game over Argentina.

In 1982, there was no readily assaultable airfield on the Falklands, the RN didn't have Tomahawk, and the RAF didn't have C-17 Globemaster III and Airbus A400 Atlas, but now in 2017; problem solved.
Isn't he talking about total unilateral nuclear disarmament though?
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:48 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Corbyn bows to no man. Or queen
Today’s Queen’s Speech was a threadbare legislative programme from a government that has no majority, no mandate and no plan. #QueensSpeech
SO BRAVE

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:55 pm

heydaralon wrote:Isn't he talking about total unilateral nuclear disarmament though?
Sure, but that's not really going to happen, I'm talking about what they should really do, after all that sort of nonsense goes nowhere.
Nec Aspera Terrent

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:57 pm

Fife wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:Corbyn bows to no man. Or queen
SO BRAVE

Corbyn has a plan. What does May have? She's weak. Blood is in the water, labour is in ascendency. I'm a #CorbynCruiser now.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Isn't he talking about total unilateral nuclear disarmament though?
Sure, but that's not really going to happen, I'm talking about what they should really do, after all that sort of nonsense goes nowhere.
Are there a large percentage of British citizens who are actually for getting rid of nukes?
Shikata ga nai