Meanwhile in Ukraine

C-Mag

Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine

Post by C-Mag » Sat May 20, 2023 10:51 pm

Bakhmut has fallen to Russia, exactly one year after Russia took Mariuopol.

The Battle of Bakmut lasted between 220 and 290 days, maybe more depending on how you want to calculate it. It is by far the most expensive battle of the war, but I don't fully understand why it was so important to both sides. Russia says they only used Wagner Mercenaries, but I'm guessing regular Russian Army Artillery and Air Support as well. 6 Months ago Zelensky said that if Bakmut falls they will be forced to negotiate with Russia, saying the town was key. In Feb Ukraine was saying the town was impregnable https://www.kyivpost.com/post/11884 I read that the West spent nearly a decade fortifying Bakmut.
Now the Ukrainiots are saying it was not important at all.

This battle will be studied for decades, and we at some point will come to understand why it was so important to both sides. In the immediate future we will start to see how the West and Russia spin this, and how it affects the larger war. Zelensky has not been in Ukraine since a day before the attack on Russia that Rus said was an assassination attempt on Putin. This weekend he's at the G7 chewing out attendees that won't support Ukrainian ownership of Crimea. Further, it's reported that Zelensky's peace plan demands Russia leave all Ukraine lands, including Crimea. I don't see that happening.

Oddly Poland publicly demanded, President Zelensky must apologize to Poland for the Volyn massacre https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacres ... rn_Galicia

2/3rds or Spring is gone, and there is no Spring Offensive from Ukraine. Winter passed with no Winter Offensive from Russia. This is not that kind of War as Russia found out in the first month of the war, and Ukraine found out after a month of their counterattacks. Big offensives will only occur when one side is completely spent if they can't sue for peace.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun May 21, 2023 6:04 am

Russia needs to conquer all of Ukraine, replace the government with one that will remain neutral, claim the eastern portion and withdraw.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun May 21, 2023 11:55 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 6:04 am
Russia needs to conquer all of Ukraine, replace the government with one that will remain neutral, claim the eastern portion and withdraw.
They just might. The Russians have no faith they can negotiate with the West at all (see the Minsk Agreements)

My SWAG:
- Poland essentially annexes about half of Western Ukraine
- Russia takes everything east of the Dneiper
- Zelensky is removed by either the West or the Ukraine Army
- What's left of Ukraine after that is a toss up

I don't believe Russia wants to rule a Western Ukraine that hates Moscow. It would leave them fighting an insurgency.
PLATA O PLOMO

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun May 21, 2023 1:15 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 11:55 am
Martin Hash wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 6:04 am
They just might. The Russians have no faith they can negotiate with the West at all (see the Minsk Agreements)

My SWAG:
- Poland essentially annexes about half of Western Ukraine
- Russia takes everything east of the Dneiper
- Zelensky is removed by either the West or the Ukraine Army
- What's left of Ukraine after that is a toss up

I don't believe Russia wants to rule a Western Ukraine that hates Moscow. It would leave them fighting an insurgency.
Won't need to worry about it if you wipe your enemy off the map.
#NotOneRedCent

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 21, 2023 1:38 pm

I’m guessing this ends in a new Berlin Wall situation. Neocons demand their Cold War 2.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun May 21, 2023 7:14 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 1:38 pm
I’m guessing this ends in a new Berlin Wall situation. Neocons demand their Cold War 2.
Neocons in DC are now floating the idea of a Korean peninsula situation with a DMZ. Ironically, that was kinda the Minsk Accords.

Honestly don't know why Russia would negotiate with us after this and Nordstream and sanctions.

Never mind the West openly advertising that their plan is to bust up Russia into 30 nations
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun May 21, 2023 7:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 7:14 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Neocons in DC are now floating the idea of a Korean peninsula situation with a DMZ. Ironically, that was kinda the Minsk Accords.

Honestly don't know why Russia would negotiate with us after this and Nordstream and sanctions.

Never mind the West openly advertising that their plan is to bust up Russia into 30 nations
I mean... it's a win for Russia, and the neocon imbeciles get to pump their MIC numbers for a few more years, pretending we're on the brink of invasion.

Russia just wants to remind us that they're done being a bitch. Maybe a piper tiger, but they've still got the big bombs.

So we 'stand off' in the western half of Kiev, get some dipshit Pepsi-sponsored pop concerts near the wall. Boomers get to relive their glory years until we finally bury their retarded asses.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sun May 21, 2023 9:29 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
You mean the "Deep State" wants to keep their status quo... I still say the Soviet Union never really fell, it just adapted. It is the same with the "Deep State" in the US, it may be pushed back, but the average person can't beat it, and we truly will never know how deep it really goes. Well, we probably do, but it won't be accepted because too many people will realize the people who they believe in are genuinely corrupt.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun May 21, 2023 10:12 pm

Good interview with an American Merc in Ukraine. This Aussie channel is Pro Ukraine and very good.

I'm 15 min in and this Merc is absolutely depressing to listen to.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon May 22, 2023 7:02 am

The Conservative wrote:
Sun May 21, 2023 9:29 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
You mean the "Deep State" wants to keep their status quo... I still say the Soviet Union never really fell, it just adapted. It is the same with the "Deep State" in the US, it may be pushed back, but the average person can't beat it, and we truly will never know how deep it really goes. Well, we probably do, but it won't be accepted because too many people will realize the people who they believe in are genuinely corrupt.
The Soviet Union? It’s gone. Scattered to the wind.

Russia is just a gangster state now. Nobody’s confiscating from the Kulaks, they’re just stealing shit. Very similar to the US deep state.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace