Meanwhile in Ukraine

Martin Hash

Re: Meanwhile in Ukraine

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:34 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:55 pm
Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:47 pm
I’m really getting the feeling the Midterms are going to be intentional disrupted by war with Russia.
They’re running out of time
Even afterwards: the War Powers Act would give Biden complete control.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:32 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:47 pm
I’m really getting the feeling the Midterms are going to be intentional disrupted by war with Russia.
I don't trust them either.
And it's just common sense. They have done so much illegal shit since Trump was elected that they have to be willing to do anything to keep it remain hidden.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:15 pm

The Ukraine attacked Poland and blamed it on Russia.
It was a Ukraine missile from the Ukraine.

Article V in affect, NATO member attacked, when do we invade the Ukraine ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Nov 16, 2022 4:07 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:15 pm
The Ukraine attacked Poland and blamed it on Russia.
It was a Ukraine missile from the Ukraine.

Article V in affect, NATO member attacked, when do we invade the Ukraine ?
Without that leaked bystander photo of S300 debris, where would we be?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:55 pm

The U.S. has less than a month to make this a “frozen conflict” and keep Odessa in Ukraine. Now or never…

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:21 pm

I steadfastly continue not to give a shit, other than the insane money laundering and the possibility of being nuked.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

SilverEagle

Post by SilverEagle » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:28 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:21 pm
I steadfastly continue not to give a shit, other than the insane money laundering and the possibility of being nuked.
I’m with you. I don’t want nuked, anti money laundering, and I don’t want WWIII (even if it is conventional).
There is a time for good men to do bad things.

For fuck sake, 1984 is NOT an instruction manual!

:character-bowser: __________ :character-mario: :character-luigi:

The Conservative

Post by The Conservative » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:15 pm

Pfft, I can give a shit right now, I already know where I live, and work will be wiped off the map, so at this point in time, it's pretty much a given. I'm just going to have as much fun as I can as the place burns down around me.
#NotOneRedCent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:03 am

To me, this is one of the most fascinating wars ever. The wild mix of technology and tactics in play is crazy.

On one hand it's very 21st century, drones, gps, missiles. On the other it is a WWI battle, maybe even viewed as 19th C. Trenches, slow progress on both sides, supply issues, a war of attrition where combatants try to build up a level of men and supplies to go on an offensive, spend it up, then try to hold against counterattack.
Read this crazy report from the front lines
The Ukrainian commander of the Svoboda battalion, Petro Kuzyk, whose unit is one of those holding Bakhmut said his soldiers are staying in trenches full of corpses, fighting in extremely cold conditions and in knee-deep water against Russia's attacks.
"I apologise for speaking slowly now, because I'm very cold – it's making me dizzy. I've now left the first line (since I was called). I'm warming up in the car, I'm almost falling asleep, because I haven't slept all this time. They charged yesterday, quite seriously. They felt a weakness in our defence, because (I will not name the numbers of the units, so as not to spoil their honour) there are units that are less motivated than ours. And yesterday they weakened our defence a little in the area just around the Bakhmut. Some units could not withstand this artillery onslaught and retreated.

"This is our principle: we, the Svoboda Battalion, do not retreat. And because of that, we found ourselves in a semi-surrounded situation, and we had a lot of work to do. In addition, it is a swamp full of mud. It is very difficult to evacuate the wounded or to deliver ammunition. The trenches are constantly deteriorating, and in this swamp they must be constantly rebuilt."

He added: "Today is the first day without rain, but then and yesterday when it fell, all the water flowed into the trenches. And the shelling was such that it was impossible to get out of the trench, so the guys were constantly wet for a day or two. Plus the temperature is like this. Many are contused, many with pneumonia. But we hold our ground, and we defend. I see young guys standing with their teeth clenched. I would really like someone to write about their achievements, because few people in the country know about it."

The above reads like a report from Verdun.
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2022/12/n ... -ammo.html
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:58 am

More ‘ghost of Ukraine’ bullshit. The idea that the Russian Army would even slow down against a trench defense sounds absurd.

This entire ‘war’ looks like a bizarre performance.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0