Minn. officer acquitted in shooting of Philando Castile

TheReal_ND

Re: Minn. officer acquitted in shooting of Philando Castile

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:21 am

brewster wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: As irritating as that is, how does it compare to the local median overall?
That $90k IS the local median! That's for all of NJ. NYC, Long island and Westchester are similar.
The benefits are a good perk though. If you know it's likely you will die you should at least provide for your family with a pensionista.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:34 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
brewster wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote: As irritating as that is, how does it compare to the local median overall?
That $90k IS the local median! That's for all of NJ. NYC, Long island and Westchester are similar.
The benefits are a good perk though. If you know it's likely you will die you should at least provide for your family with a pensionista.
Cmon Dog! You know that being a cop isn't even on the top 10 of dangerous jobs! They just work the system and blackmail the elected officials who can't be seen as antagonistic to cops in election years. Where's the over the top bennies for roofers and garbagemen? The US police fatality rate is 11.1 per 100,000, that's 1/9th of a logger and half of a farmer. I'm not saying it's always an easy job, but the martyr thing is out of control.

We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:41 am

Umm... logging? Like on the reality TV? When was the last time you played Jewish tricks on poll brewskie?

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:46 am

TheReal_ND wrote:When was the last time you played Jewish tricks on poll brewskie?
You'll have to interpret that to Jew, I don't understand.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:48 am

I know you don't because some people just keep skewing surveys and polls and I can't understand it. I thought I would ask you first tbh m8

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:55 am

What survey or poll? This is from Bureau of Labor Statistics. When someone is killed at work it gets reported. Here's the full doc https://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfar0020.pdf

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:57 am

brewster wrote:What survey or poll? This is from Bureau of Labor Statistics. When someone is killed at work it gets reported. Here's the full doc https://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfar0020.pdf
This doesn't make sense on the face of it. Logically there seem to be far more police than loggers. Risk may be inherently greater as a logger but I can appreciate that fact aside from the truth that pulling over people is deadly business.

Please explain why you are conflating this issue???

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:01 am

Policing is not even remotely as dangerous as a lot of other jobs.

It just sticks out for us because, often when a cop dies, there is some piece of shit human filth responsible for it, whereas when a fishing boat sinks with all hands lost, it sucks, but it's not like somebody did that to them on purpose.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:04 am

not even as remote
It's clear you haven't pulled me or one of my fellow plebs over yet. I can insure you there is inherent risk at the job that you knowingly take on every morning as opposed to stupid fishermen doing stupid logging shit.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:05 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
brewster wrote:What survey or poll? This is from Bureau of Labor Statistics. When someone is killed at work it gets reported. Here's the full doc https://www.bls.gov/iif/oshwc/cfar0020.pdf
This doesn't make sense on the face of it. Logically there seem to be far more police than loggers. Risk may be inherently greater as a logger but I can appreciate that fact aside from the truth that pulling over people is deadly business.

Please explain why you are conflating this issue???
Oh jeez, seriously? We're not talking about raw numbers, but the rate, the likelihood of being killed. Yes, there's more cops, but a lumberjack is 6x more likely to be killed. The only reason I'm beating this to death is I hate "Big Lies" such as the one you repeated, like being a uniformed public servant is incredibly dangerous. It's not, and around here they make more than a lot of college grads.