Urging Others to Suicide a Crime - Lawyers?

brewster

Re: Urging Others to Suicide a Crime - Lawyers?

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Fife wrote:
brewster wrote:So please do not tell me the state should value life over all else and at any cost. It never has and never will.
You're right about that part at least.
It's not an indictment, it's just that it's an impossibility. We could spend every penny and not ever come close. Refer to the table of workplace fatalities in the Castile shooting thread to see how we value life vs productivity.
Fife wrote: OK, let's keep the state OUT of our lives.

Public money for public goods only. That excludes healthcare. And it includes that big bonus you mentioned--the state is not an agent in any sense between "a patient and their doctor."

You down?
How do define healthcare as not a public good?
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:06 pm

keep your kids off social media.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:10 pm

brewster wrote:
Fife wrote:
brewster wrote:So please do not tell me the state should value life over all else and at any cost. It never has and never will.
You're right about that part at least.
It's not an indictment, it's just that it's an impossibility. We could spend every penny and not ever come close. Refer to the table of workplace fatalities in the Castile shooting thread to see how we value life vs productivity.
We agree: it's an impossibility.

We disagree: it has NOTHING to do with how *we* value life.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I
Can't
Even
See straight
Rn

Stop drinking. Seriously. That shit is poison. It's one of the few things the Mussies got right.
It's not often I agree with StA but he's 100% right here.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

brewster

Post by brewster » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:02 pm

Fife wrote:Do you know what a public good is?
Apparently I didn't. Thanks. Back to your question, no, too much of the American public is unable to independently purchase healthcare to take government out of it. It's a nonstarter to engage in that level of domestic genocide. We could go into all the other reasons why healthcare is a unique marketplace, but that would be a long day. Suffice to say all the usual ways a consumer acts to protect themselves are circumvented and the free market, such as it is, is a disaster. We are meat in a healthcare machine. Some advocates suspect DNR's and living wills are routinely ignored because it's just so damn lucrative to treat the end of life patient.
We are only accustomed to dealing with like twenty online personas at a time so when we only have about ten people some people have to be strawmanned in order to advance our same relative go nowhere nonsense positions. -TheReal_ND

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:47 pm

DBTrek wrote:Looks like a judge has decided it actually *is* a crime to relentlessly urge someone to kill themselves - something certain posters on this forum should probably take note of.

The article makes it sound like the decision is a shock for people who actually know and study law.
What do the lawyers here think about this case?

By the standards of this case, we should hold Lefty news, comedians, politicians and celebrities responsible for shooting up a ball practice ?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:54 am

Montegriffo wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:I
Can't
Even
See straight
Rn

Stop drinking. Seriously. That shit is poison. It's one of the few things the Mussies got right.
It's not often I agree with StA but he's 100% right here.
My life is so much better now that I rarely drink. Maybe 3 times a year at this point? And I'm sorry about it afterwards
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session